Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

YusBee

IF-Sizzlerz

YusBee

Posted: 23 May 2010 at 5:27am | IP Logged
Well I actually thought of posting this long back,but cudnt get time so posting now.....

Whatever I am saying in this post is with repect to the Hindi TV industry and the present Hindi serial scenario...I am not comparing any shows in particualr with SGP but I am talking about hindi daily soaps as whole

What I have felt is that nowadays almost every hindi television show has got a so called great Indian family consisting of many members starting from dada-dadi to pota-poti...Whenever you switch hindi channels,you will atleast find 8 out of 10 shows depicting such a family...But the common practice which I have seen is that in those shows,except the lead pair,the other charachters depicting the relatives of the lead are sidelined...They merely stand as a support to the lead and nothing else.....But here in Sasural Genda Phool,I have seen that each and every charachter has been etched in such a manner that you actually cant concentrate on just the lead pair...Right from the starting we have seen that each and every member of the Kashyap Family has some or the other back story which has been portryaed in the show..Starting from Badi Ma whose husband has left her alone to Radha Bua whose husband could do such a pathetic thing with her...each charachter has a story to tell...If you recollect,in the initial episodes,the show showed a conversation between Suhana and Dolly DiDI where even Dolly Didi had a small thing to share about her husband...like first she thoght her husband wud be lakhon mein ek...and later she found that he was indeed one of the lakh of people..nothing special...(i actually loved that dialogue).......
      Even Meena who is supposed to portray a maid in the house has a story which was brought out by Badi Ma which i guess none of the other shows would even care to tell......And not just story,every charachter has a prominent role to play...each and every charachter gets ample screen space along with the leads...may it be the sweet scenes between Sushaan,Dadaji-Dadiji or Elesh-Disha or Indser consoling Rajni......and its not just the husband-wife sequence here....U get to see great father-daughter scenes with KK-Sanju-Suhana and great Mother-Son scenes with Badi ma-Inder or Rano-Ishaan

I had read in a TB interview with sadia siddiqui(radha Bua),she told that she took the role of Radha Bua in SGP becuase she knew that this was a Ravi Ojha show and she was damn sure that she wouldnt be wasted...And thats so true....

I guess after Baa bahu aur baby and Jasuben Jayantilal....this indeed is a great indian family which is in real...The whole set up of the sasural has been done in such a way that u will find such families now and then in ur muhalla..........

This was just according to my POVTongue...so please let me know ur POV tooWink......and please dont mind my long postLOL

Edited by shounak-rijul1 - 23 May 2010 at 5:32am

The following 43 member(s) liked the above post:

sueckuchikiSabrina1justaviewermiley cyrusruchi_mrugjalMaria_dmgabagreeJugni.GArmu4evaDaZzLiNgShReYaUzma005birju4babynaj7cimbavishmewellLamia17Shreyacoolangel3142ruexangeldaniella05-MadRaginiFan-Sanayaasweetshabbhavi20_spriyankumupalanu rulzDua143SomerholicGirlluv07prida-allizwell-FeefiAngelic_ABul3hey.bhagguSunNaamitzi11spiritcrimsonpetticoatTaiyonoimitogepe30AreYaar-SalShah4eva-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "This is what I call a true indian parivar on TV" in Sasural Genda Phool forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SomerholicGirl

IF-Rockerz

SomerholicGirl

Posted: 23 May 2010 at 5:43am | IP Logged
yeah I agree shounak...This is indeed a best family show.......

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vishmewellSanayaa-allizwell-YusBee

-allizwell-

IF-Rockerz

-allizwell-

Posted: 23 May 2010 at 6:38am | IP Logged

Shaunak first of all very well written yaar..... my applause for the same.....Clap...never mind the length.... that was much needed as u are still a student.....ROFL

Very correctly said that in television nowadays we hardly get to see different sagas of different characters all woven in one serial.... here it is a definite plus-plus point for SGP as each character has been given importance...Thumbs Up...
I loved BBB to the core and even now i watch the repeat in Star utsav.... that makes my day.... such serials can be repeatedly watch as it just goes on to make our days more blissful and also shows us the ethical aspects.....
I have fallen for SGP badly  just hope this magic continues till the end of this show....!Embarrassed

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evavishmewellLamia17SanayaaYusBee-SalShah4eva-

YusBee

IF-Sizzlerz

YusBee

Posted: 23 May 2010 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by laxmi_s

Shaunak first of all very well written yaar..... my applause for the same.....Clap...never mind the length.... that was much needed as u are still a student.....ROFL

Very correctly said that in television nowadays we hardly get to see different sagas of different characters all woven in one serial.... here it is a definite plus-plus point for SGP as each character has been given importance...Thumbs Up...
I loved BBB to the core and even now i watch the repeat in Star utsav.... that makes my day.... such serials can be repeatedly watch as it just goes on to make our days more blissful and also shows us the ethical aspects.....
I have fallen for SGP badly  just hope this magic continues till the end of this show....!Embarrassed

Same here Laxmi...I actually watched the repat episode of the maha episode just now once again...n I plan to do the same at 12:30 am tooLOL
LOL

Sanayaa-MadRaginiFan--allizwell--SalShah4eva-

Ambrosia

IF-Veteran Member

Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:04am | IP Logged

Well said Shaunak! I adore every single member of the Kashyap parivaar. Even when they are not saying any important dialogues, their presence just brings a smile on my face. Apart from the lead pair I find myself to be equally enjoying the other characters and their side stories. These days the stories tend to become too predictable after a time that you loose interest but SGP continues to amaze us with short but fascinating twists almost every week.

The best part of the show is, they never drag one plot for more than a week. Issues like quarrels/arguments/misunderstandings are solved immediately thanks to the big hearted people of the Kashyap family who don't believe in keeping chip on their shoulder against anyone. There is no criminal sasuma plotting against the new bahu, instead we see a loving mother who embraces the bahu as a daughter and cried with her whenever she is in pain. The sister in this show is not crushing over her jiju but lovingly calls him "bhaiya".

The husband in the show does not show insecurities with his wife for having a boyfriend once upon a time. In fact he helps the wife to cope with the new household. The bahus are independent and are not expected to wake up at 5 am to prepare tea for the whole family or sing bhajans.

All in all it's a perfect show with a perfect family in it, a very realistic one in fact, with whom you can easily relate to and fall in love in no time.

Ananya.

Edited by Ambrosia - 23 May 2010 at 7:06am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Jugni.GArmu4evaLamia17vishmewellanu rulzpriyankumupalSanayaa-allizwell-mitzi11YusBeespiritcrimsonLadyMcbeth-SalShah4eva-

YusBee

IF-Sizzlerz

YusBee

Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Absolutely Ananya.........I agree with u word to word...especially the dragging part...the cv's know where they shud drag and where they shudnt...like during the wedding celebrations they dragged coz of the several wedding rituals but the fights,misunderstandings,etc,etc gets solved within a day or twoBig smile

vishmewellSanayaa-allizwell--SalShah4eva-

vaarija

vaarija

Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Agreed with all of you guyz... Smile

vishmewellSanayaa-allizwell-YusBee

Shwets1502

IF-Sizzlerz

Shwets1502

Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:52am | IP Logged

great post shounak...

i just like to say that i dont know much abt jasuben...but i was really very very sad that baa bahu aur baby got over...i thot it showed joint family the best...it also gave importance to all characters....and there was no such lead pair in that...

but SGP inspite of having a lead pair is giving equal importance to all characters...tobe honest i feared that they  may stop showing the bajpai's after suhaana's mariiage...cos i really liked KK and sanju too..but that din happen...iam happy that they are also shown...with important scemes....

i can just say...SGP rocks...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4evavishmewellbirju4babyanu rulzSanayaa-allizwell--MadRaginiFan-YusBee

Post Reply New Post

Go to top