Debate Mansion

Learning religions makes you less ignorant? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Learning religions makes you less ignorant? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jettythegod

Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by Summer3

LOL, you sure it's not the other way around? When people learn about religions, their thought process might get influenced towards what best fits a particular religion(s). They tend to favor religion over the norms and customs of society, and get blinded by the religion probably.

<div></div>Well ego operates everywhere , in religion, politics and in everything thing. We may not need religion but we do need philosophy at least to understand several things that science is ignorant about.
Philosophy, yes. Religion, no. You see, philosophy is based on a fixed set of beliefs that can be proven by a set of observations. Religion is completely bogus, with no evidence to back it up, it is just how some ignorant people try to influence people to think like them through commercial means. I'm sorry, but for me, religion has now become more of a business than based on faith(no matter how incoherent the faith may be)

debu Hug missed ya !

totally agree with u.. i believe in god, but not in any allah, jesus, vishnu etc... poor evidence in my view.
The faith should make sense too, na? Idol worship is the worst thing I have seen in my life, I think some other members will bare witness to that, and what's up with all these guidelines you have to follow, with all the religions, but in particular Islam. Confused (Not bashing Muslims here).What people mean to say is that some spiritual being came and told them to do puja/read namaz/go to mass etc.Confused

Missed you too!Hug

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 1:08pm | IP Logged

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 1:20pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mockingjay1mind-googling

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mockingjay1mind-googlingMidnight_Shade

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 1:49pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mockingjay1mind-googlingMidnight_Shade

Mockingjay1

Mockingjay1

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
Well, I wouldn't necessarily say its bogus, but still, I would go for Philos any day over Religion (but that's because Philos is more interesting to learn than Religion Smile )

Originally posted by Summer3

LOL, you sure it's not the other way around? When people learn about religions, their thought process might get influenced towards what best fits a particular religion(s). They tend to favor religion over the norms and customs of society, and get blinded by the religion probably.

<div></div>Well ego operates everywhere , in religion, politics and in everything thing. We may not need religion but we do need philosophy at least to understand several things that science is ignorant about.
Philosophy, yes. Religion, no. You see, philosophy is based on a fixed set of beliefs that can be proven by a set of observations. Religion is completely bogus, with no evidence to back it up, it is just how some ignorant people try to influence people to think like them through commercial means. I'm sorry, but for me, religion has now become more of a business than based on faith(no matter how incoherent the faith may be)

Edited by Phoenix_3 - 22 May 2010 at 1:52pm

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 22 May 2010 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Emptiness

learning about religions could also put you on the path to atheism or make you an unbeliever, so beware Tongue

You say it like its a bad thing. No faith is better than blind faith, I think.

(of course now POH will start a debate on whether atheism itself is a faith or not with me, so I'm going to run before that happens LOL)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top