Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: mind-googling

Casually speaking, it may be said that he knows his speech, but to be precise he has just memorized it. Because there are things to be understood.

See if you feel that knowing something entails understanding something - then knowing cannot exist without understanding.

I feel that it is easy to know. You can cram facts and knowledge into the brain. However, understanding is the next level. In fact amidst so many things we know, there is little we understand.
mind-googling thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

See if you feel that knowing something entails understanding something - then knowing cannot exist without understanding.

I feel that it is easy to know. You can cram facts and knowledge into the brain. However, understanding is the next level. In fact amidst so many things we know, there is little we understand.

I think, in essence, we're in agreement.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I don't know if learning religions makes you less ignorant or not. I don't know what learning religions really does for others.

In my personal experience theology, philosophy and similar classes have been the most fulfilling and enriching experiences. They broadened my horizons. I learned things I never knew, and I saw things in a different light. I felt I was able to understand myself and others better.

Learning theology I saw how religion anthropologically evolved. I saw how faith as well as social/political/natural forces shaped religions of today. I saw socially and rationally, why some things made good sense at a point of time and then became blind belief or ritual. I saw religion as an organic aspect of our society that has gown and evolved over time. I learned how Wiccan, Voodoo, Shamanism and other pagan or nature based religions have been unfairly and unfortunately tagged as dark arts or evil. I've seen how even within one unified belief system there can be room for so much debate.

Most importantly I have learned that 'religion' and 'theism' are two different things. And unlike what some people say being theistic does not equate to being religious and having a religion does not mean one is theistic. I learned about Taoism which focuses on 'the way', Confucionism which focuses on 'wisdom of elders' which are widely followed religions that have nothing to do with God. Even Gautama Buddha denies a theistic God and his disappointment in theistic God is what led to his journey of self discovery. Even my own religion does not ask me to pray or believe in God anywhere really.

So I don't view theology to be just about faith and belief and nonsensical unproven stuff, but one of the most fascinating social sciences out there, one that really delves into the nature of the human. And one of my dreams in life was to become a preacher like Rev. Camden but more of the weird new age mix of all religions, with my own personal touch of heathen. Not create a religion (although I tried once) but just preach, cos I'm bossy and preachy like that.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

I feel sometime religion or so called religious people teach others wrong things,they teach different views,then we go on throwing our responsibility on somebody else's shoulders.... God is responsible, fate is responsible, Adam and Eve are responsible... the serpent who seduced Eve to disobey God ,tht serpent is responsible. Can you see the idiocy of all this dumping your responsibility on somebody? and religion teach us If you die for your religion you will reach paradise, you will enjoy eternal blessings.... they have manipulated you. Bt one thing is basic in that manipulation, that is, don't love yourself.... hate yourself, becos you are not worth anything...I believe if you are not ready to love yourself.. it is impossible for anybody else to love you...I believe every child comes into the world as a tabula rasa, completely clean.....He comes in utter innocence. Bt his innocence becoms his greatest trouble, becos all around him are wolves, hiding in politicians, in priests,in religious leaders, in parents, in teachers. They all jump upon your innocence. They start writing things on you which later on you will believe is your heritage.....some one said before, 'No rose asks how to be a rose'...people should understand the real fact about differnt religion and soceities acts and they should keep their individuality.....😊

Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Tell Joe you're a Neeraj Sridhar fan, see if he'll miss you then. 😛

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
ignorance about application is the opposite of understanding.

ignorance abt the existence is the opposite of awareness.

Yes, I admit I'm right.