Page 1
Page   of 33
Page 2 Page 33

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 2:16am | IP Logged
API news:

Pakistan blocked social networking site Facebook temporarily after a court order over a page that allegedly asked users to submit images of the Prophet

The page on the social networking site has generated criticism in Pakistan and elsewhere because Islam prohibits any images of the Prophet. The government took action after a group of Islamic lawyers won a court order Wednesday requiring officials to block Facebook until May 31.

------
Do you think Pakistan is giving unnecessary promotion of this unwanted act (this might be a issue for debate). how many people knew about this competition before this news, but when this news published, now every body know, that there is " somthingg called face book, and they are conducting a competition". this is a case of foolishness from Pak authority of giving unnecessary importance and, and good business stategy of Facebook to become famous in less literate India, Pakistan, Bangladesh!!
We all know Islam does not accept idol worship but Do you think if someone show Pictures of Pht.Mohammad to be transformed into an idol???Why?

Topic created only for Debate!! No offence to any believers!!!

Post your views and comments!!

Edited by Believe - 23 June 2010 at 6:04am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FB over NOW Pak court bans Google/Yahoo/H.mail#32" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 2:56am | IP Logged
Tbh I laughed hard when I saw this on BBC. LOL
I mean like SERIOUSLY?!..banning a social networking site because of ONE group? Oh please! They may have raised 'awareness' of some sort but they also automatically gave the group publicity, probably resulting in more numbers.

Infact, I just checked it. Yesterday, the fan page had some 40,000 members and within less than 12 hours, it has an extra 30,000. (currently 75,000+ and increasing by the SECOND!) everytime you go to refresh the page, the numbers increase. Yes, things were taken too far by the admins of the page but for pakistan to react in such a manner is just crazy IMO.

If FB were going to delete that page, they would've done it by now. Some of the comments on the page are mean, some hateful, some racist but it's all in the name of 'freedom of speech' which is why no action has been taken. But hateful comments are from both sides. I saw one comment that said 'This is a war in the name of God..I declare we are at war' ROFL

I'm sorry but screaming out loud won't help, it has been tried but nothing has been done. It's just a DAY..let people do what they want, let God be the judge of them instead of people going crazy and banning sites, boycotting facebook or whatever. I guarantee you that even if every single muslim on facebook boycotted the site, the site would still be running like normal and the admins would still do nothing about it. Everyone's just getting all hyped up about it because of the bans from pakistan and apparently UAE too? :S As time goes by, the hype will fade and all those who said they were leaving facebook will be back as usual lol.

A comment from one of the guys boycotting:
"Fehmeed: No Facebook for me today"-posted 5 minutes ago LOL ahh facebook is such a bad addiction! lol

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krystal_watzxobile

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 2:58am | IP Logged
To answer your first qs!
There's NO point of giving it an unnecassary promotion in the name of religion,Pakistan is a Muslim state the competition of Draw Muhammad contest did hurt the Muslim sentiments hence the court decision against the site to be blocked across Pakistan,what's wrong with that?
And btw,what makes the act unwanted???

And the second question;How many ppl knew bout this competition and why all these rants now, good question actually...
Firstly, the time everybody Draw Muhammad contest started I noticed many Muslim members knew bout it and they were protesting against that too by starting different pages etc etc..now coming to your question,how many ppl in general who were not FB members knew bout it,I understand you meant those who didn't even know bout FB...I guess FB is highest networking site why would the FB management need Pakistani Govt to make it famous among less literate India,Pak or Bangladesh?so that's a silly question...you said this is unwanted act..why is it unwanted btw?many Islamic organisations were protesting against contest and after noticing that not only the citizens but the political parties are against this site too which was hurting Muslim sentiments they issued the order to block the site why would it be a publicity stunt for FB that also from PakistanConfused

So the point is there are better ways to make sth famous among illiterate countries no need to bring religion into that...I appreciate the decision of Pakistan Govt for blocking the site and  I'd like to add one morething the site is blocked among many other Muslim countries as well.

As for pictures let me just tell you, making pictures is sth else it cud be forgiven but making stupid sketches and delibrately doing it to instigate Muslims is not right and that's what they did...the issue is not the pics ONLY but the way these pics were made, did you even get to see any of those pics which were  made  by a Dennish painter earlier?
I know banning mite get nothing but a l'il protest could help sort out things:)

Edited by Mahi_Way - 27 August 2010 at 5:47am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

missbubbly04Sohni_kurirabees011ram92somone999Osprisshowkrystal_watzFilza.strawberryshakebaz786perfectlyflawedRagMastaThe_Other_WomanBeyond_the_Veilruky786tomnjerry2

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 3:30am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Mahi I am not supporting that group but tell me something..
"We have not seen Prophet so no one should tell us how he looks like.."

Who exactly is telling you what your prophet looks like? Who is telling you that 'Hey look, I drew a random painting and this is exactly what your prophet looked like so believe me or else?'

Please tell me how pakistan or any other country will benefit from blocking the site? After it's users visit the site after the ban, they will still have access to that link as pakistan have said they cannot block only one link from the site, which is why they banned the whole site. Why couldn't they just wait for the hype to go instead of making an even bigger issue about it all?

At the end of the day, I totally get that pak is an islamic country but what I don't get is how any pakistani facebook user will benefit from this ban? :S

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

krystal_watzAngel-likeDevil

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Bann particuler Group/Thread....Why banning total FB!!! Pakistan people needs facebook..I think world seems to be on its way back to the 'Dark Age', and the so-called 'believers' are the culprits...Nowadays, religion and religious fundamentalism are the most profitable business ventures. Just set up a shrine in a waste land, perform some rites along with a little publicity...The most annoying thing is that even the most educated tend to loose their ability to think and rationalise once they are gripped by the tentacles of religion.Confused

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 4:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mahi_Way

To answer your first qs!
There's NO point of giving it an unnecassary promotion in the name of religion,Pakistan is a Muslim state the competition of Draw Muhammad contest did hurt the Muslim sentiments hence the court decision against the site to be blocked across Pakistan,what wrong with that?
And btw,what makes the act unwanted???

And the second question;How many ppl knew bout this competition and why all these rants now, good question actually...
Firstly, the time I'm against the Draw Muhammad contest started I noticed many Muslim members knew bout it and they were protesting against that too by starting different pages etc etc..now coming to your question,how many ppl in general who were not FB members knew bout it,I understand you meant those who didn't even know bout FB...I guess FB is highest networking site why would the FB management need Pakistani Govt to make it famous among less literate India,Pak or Bangladesh?so that's a silly question...you said this is unwanted act..why is it unwanted btw?many Islamic organisations were protesting against contest and after noticing that Pakistani nation and the political parties are against this site which is hurting Muslim sentiments they issued the order to block the site why would it be a publicity stunt for FB that also from PakistanConfused --- In social network sites, there is 1000s of anti socials are there, I dont think Banning help to solve this problem....these people can create moren more pictures and groups there!! ...So better Ignore these act's! I think becouse of one group or thread, banning total website is stupidity...

So the point is there are better ways to make sth famous among illiterate countries no need to bring religion into that...I appreciate the decision of Pakistan Govt for blocking the site and also I'd like to add the site is blocked among many other Muslim countries as well.... There is 56 muslim country in this world.. how many of them ban facebook???

I believe ,all beliefs should be questioned they should take the hard knocks if beliefs cant stand scrutiny they are empty propaganda standing on slippery sandsSmile

souro

souro

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 4:53am | IP Logged
There are thousand other things that people can draw, why this obsession with drawing Mohammed. First it was some cartoon in some Danish paper and now this.
Btw, I spend 3-4 hrs everyday on FB and didn't know about such a contest going on.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Post Reply New Post

Go to top