Debate Mansion

Religious tags: Really needed? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 14

Midnight_Shade

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mind-googling

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Religious tags: Really needed? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

**sigh**  For the umpteenth time - there's nothing wrong with the system.  It's the operators who are the morons.  The system is designed properly but not operating effectively. 

So?

I'm not saying the system is wrong nor am I against tags completely.

I'm merely illustrating that labels are not as simplistic as people make it out to be. We cannot eliminate labels, because the fact is we all are different and have our own sets of labels. But its not easy and labels change or people fall under different labels or plain get mislabeled.

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
A new term relevant to the discussion:

"Ethnocentrism is the tendency to believe that one's ethnic or cultural group is centrally important, and that all other groups are measured in relation to one's own. The ethnocentric individual will judge other groups relative to his or her own particular ethnic group or culture, especially with concern to language, behavior, customs, and religion. These ethnic distinctions and sub-divisions serve to define each ethnicity's unique cultural identity" - wikipedia

There might be other similar terms, but its clear that there is an inherent tendency of humans that they try to identify themselves with others having somethings similar and try to categorize others in the out group.

Some people like politicians and religious leaders use this tendency to further some goals - good or bad.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 20 May 2010 at 3:01pm

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

But still I don't get it at all. Cry Well, if you people are talking about my past beliefs and behavior in past threads then...well, let's say I was just a kid back then. Embarrassed

Awwww poor baby, who's talking bad about POH?!? Angry ------ and why wasn't I invited? Tongue

KIDDING! Hug

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 3:13pm | IP Logged

I am not comfortable with labels. Not just religious tags, but any form of label. Unlike many, I am not scared of them, but I don't feel at ease with people attempting to put me down in groups. Human beings are complex creatures. We cannot be cut down and put into neat little packages. There are gray areas in between that we overlook most of the times, but they exist nonetheless.

Why aren't you comfortable with labels? When someone asks you your nationality - do you tell them? Your race? Your ethnicity? Your religion? Your age? Your sex? Your family name?

Suppose we erased all these groups and labels from the world, how would you identify yourself then?

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 3:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I am not comfortable with labels. Not just religious tags, but any form of label. Unlike many, I am not scared of them, but I don't feel at ease with people attempting to put me down in groups. Human beings are complex creatures. We cannot be cut down and put into neat little packages. There are gray areas in between that we overlook most of the times, but they exist nonetheless.

Why aren't you comfortable with labels? When someone asks you your nationality - do you tell them? Your race? Your ethnicity? Your religion? Your age? Your sex? Your family name?

Suppose we erased all these groups and labels from the world, how would you identify yourself then?

the thing. LOL

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by Believe

We all know a child is like a clean slate.... Nothing is written on them... pure innocence....we reduce that child into a thing...no child is born a Jew or a Christian or a Hindu or a muslim....we change them we give them names and tags,cos our soceity want that, its a pure politcs...another thing is for religious matters parents start interfering from the very beginning. Why the hurry?  if twentyone is the minimum age for politics, then for religion forty two shld be the minimum age when people can decide...Give him individuality.... don't impose personality on him..... Individuality he brings with himself... personality is imposed by the parents, by the society, by the educational system, by the church/temples/mousqs....soceity accept obedient peoples, they dont accept..rebellious people so they want impose and give different tags to them..thats why I strongly believe religious politcs dividing peoples minds.....Smile

Yeah, so the poor souls who die before hitting 42 will forever remain in the skies thanking YOU for disallowing them the ability to achieve salvation. Yeah, that's a brilliant idea.

Is it wrong !!??? its take years n years to understand the religion and real truth...so i think we need and should give some time people ,to dicide their religion!!....then about salvation,I believe I'm not a saviour, I am a salvation....to achive salvation, no need to die....You know secret of salvation is... be joyful, don't be sad.... don't go on creating misery. that's why Hindus call it LEELA, a play.... be playful, and in that playfulness is ur salvation.....!!

I'm sorry if I came across rude earlier, I did not intend to be. I'm just not sure why you're trying to mix politics and religion? Maybe they are people out there who discover true faith at a younger age, wouldn't you then be taking away their right to declare faith at an earlier age then? And parents give us everything -- our name, traditions, culture, value, morals, etc etc etc, then why can't they give us their faith? Yes, being more mature, we should make sure that we really do believe what they have passed on to us, but I don't think you can stop a parent from passing on his faith to their children.

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
@The thing: Also note that some tags are used more than just for identification purpose. For example I dont go aroung hugging all Karan's in DM etc LOL

But I will surely be biased towards a person if I go to some other forum and meet a person from DM.  Tongue

Edited by karandel_2008 - 20 May 2010 at 3:20pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top