Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 10

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mister.K.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

I'm full of who, what, where, why, when, how, if, but, what if, perhaps, maybe, if so etc etc and debate is one way of filling those blanks.

Been there, done that. FYI, that is stage 1.

Stage 2: you will still do all that but only with yourself. You will be the one asking questions and you will be the one answering them. In short, you will be debating with yourself. You will have minimal outwardly influence during this stage. At this point, you are listening to others but not considering any inputs because you already have those inputs. All possible viewpoints are built in, inside your system.

Stage 3: You eliminated most viewpoints and settled down on just a couple. You are not sure which one is the right one because the truth is still eluding you.

Stage 4: I wish I knew.

The stages may not necessarily be in order though. Many a times, i feel, we may delve from stage 2 to 1 and back and forth . Stage 3 may similarly lead to stage 2 or stage 1.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "WHY debate? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --ania--

Originally posted by clodpolish

Yeah- reminded me of heisenberg's uncertainty principle too. That's the theory you were talking about ?

Yeap, thats the one. Smile
Ahh as I talk about it the equations flash into my mind and give me a whole lot of nostalgia of the time when I first learnt it. *sigh*

btw, hello Clod jee.
Namastey ji. LOL
You talk about those equations like you were very close to them. Aakhir baat kya hai?What's the matter?LOL
LOL

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:12pm | IP Logged
why debate?

but why NOT DEBATE?TongueLOL

--ania--

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

--ania--

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:19pm | IP Logged

Now, coming to the topic, why do y'all like to debate? Is there something interesting about it? Is it because you get to see so many different POVs on a topic? Is it because you are also confused about your own POV and would like to see what others think on an issue? What drives you to debate? What is the purpose of debating? Do we always reach to a stand point at the end? or does the debate gets lost along the way?

Why debate? I don't debate, so i am quite ineligible to answer that question.
Nevertheless, in a general sense i must add that i am quite inconclusive about at least 95%  of the topics around me. I always have a contradiction in my mind to whatever stand i think of taking. Makes me feel as if how can i honestly debate at all when my mind is not ready to take a stand?!
   Regarding why i like coming to debate mansion---presently, that is just because the average intelligence level of people around here is much higher than of those around me. Makes sure that my mind always has a thought to ponder upon when i leave this place.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:24pm | IP Logged

Oh my Goshh! How did you ever guess that! Shocked LOL

I like things that I'm good at and then unintentionally get close to em too. :P
The way you are talking about those equations--it seems if you don't find a decent match , you'd marry them only. LOL

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by krystal_watz

why debate?

but why NOT DEBATE?TongueLOL

Too many reasons....

-saves time
-saves effort
-saves energy
-saves the headache you may get to see how dumb some ppl can be regarding an issue
-saves the hair one may feel to be plugging out
-saves everyone some paragraphs to read
-saves the MANKIND. LOL

....and the list goes on. Tongue

-makes useful use of time intended for other bakwass purposes
- uses up effort in trying to understand something useful;
- uses up energy that would be otherwise used for chatting and useless bantersWink
-um....i'll be with you on this one...but sometimes the headache can also be fun
-no need, just unplug your intenet if neededTongue
-so trueOuchOuchOuchOuch

........but still the list of POSITIVE effects of debating goes on......LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top