Debate Mansion

WHY debate? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 10

--ania--

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 12:35am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "WHY debate? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 6:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

I dont Debate. I Spam. There is a difference you see.

Why am i here? Coz the Mods love me and lets me do what i want! i am a valuable member Big smile

Xoxo
Good oneClapLOL,even I love to spam tooWinkLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

baz786

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by --ania--

Originally posted by angie.4u

Theres already been enough debate on this topic earlier , You might want to take a look at that thread - "what is the point of debate "

I see. But many topics here are being repeated anyways. Plus, that topic was created 4 years ago....people change, opinions change. I hope we can reach a conclusion from this one too. Anywho, thanks for the link....I'll take a look at it in my spare time. =)

Btw, why do you think we debate? Do you think its easier to debate virtually?
Yeah topics keep getting repeated , as for reaching any conclusion ..we seldom do that LOL
As to why debate -

To get to know your own POV on varied topics

Get  POV other than your own

Re examine your own POV in the light of other POV

Helps to both unlearn & re learn

On the other hand it sometimes also serves to vent out your frustrations on who ever happens to be available then LOL

It may be easier to debate virtually in the sense that you remain anonymous and find it easier to express opinion that you might hesitate to express B4 those you know.

Besides , the ease with which several members can participate makes it convenient & interesting (if spamming does not go on endlessly.)

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
I don't debate because I use foul language when things don't go my way so I stay out.

baz786

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 6:03pm | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

my_viewP1nk--ania--debayon

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
Suggest anything better and everybody will stop debating..something like banner contest,  or slogan contest.. etc.....!!! dont worry its empty minds indulgence....LOL

Hello.

We all come to I-F for some reason or the other...most of the members for some entertainment and to give themselves a lil break.
Personally, I visit only a few sections here...which includes a serial forum as well where I usually go for updates or talk to friends and spam. =P

Now, coming to the topic, why do y'all like to debate? Is there something interesting about it? Is it because you get to see so many different POVs on a topic? Is it because you are also confused about your own POV and would like to see what others think on an issue? What drives you to debate? What is the purpose of debating? Do we always reach to a stand point at the end? or does the debate gets lost along the way?

You see, I'm quite new to DM considering the number of topics I've participated in here....plus I dont really consider myself as a good debator here (in virtual world) because its just too different. Although, verbal debates are better to handle and I actually feel more comfortable doing that. Debating on a forum is still a whole new thing to me....

Anyways, so do you think its always necessary on having a debate 'cause some of the topics that I've seen dont really have much of a substance to debate about but lets not name names. Embarrassed

This got longer than I wanted and as always my point got distorted between, but if you still get the gist of the topic then do give your two cents. Embarrassed

PS: I'm not too sure if this topic is eligible for DM....so dear Mod, you can tell me if need be and close the topic. =)

--ania--

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Mister.K.

Not exactly! Space-time is the WHERE and WHEN. WHY did it happen WHERE it happened and WHEN it happened either has significance if all else has significance or has no significance if nothing else has significance. It seems like it is observer dependent (what some might call subjective) but the act of observation is also an event which has to adhere to the same rules of significance / insignificance.

Every event in the universe is unique. If it happened at the same place, it didn't happen at the same time. If it happened at the same time, it didn't happen at the same place. By place, I mean that point in space when looked at all the way down to the subatomic level. A Planck length to be precise. And by time, I mean all the way down to the lowest possible metric of time, which is a Planck time. At that scale, every event is unique. Has to be.

An observer might attach significance or detach significance for a single event or for a summary of events. But left to themselves, the events are devoid of any such purpose. They keep occurring till they "run out" of space-time.

Wow. You write pretty intensely, Mister K.

@bold: Ahh...I don't know why but this reminded me of the wave-particle duality theory since you're mentioning things at atomic/sub-atomic level. The idea seems somewhat similar however, you're talking about space-time whereas the theory talks about position-speed. God, I think I've forgotten my physics. Ouch. I'll be glad if you can shed some light on this space-time concept...it seems interesting.

Yeah- reminded me of heisenberg's uncertainty principle too. That's the theory you were talking about ?

--ania--

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 20 May 2010 at 11:06pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top