Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 10

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mister.K.

Originally posted by angie.4u

Coming from you thats a surprise, Mister K ! Do you really stop after that why !!! I

The WHO is interrogative Angie. It could go as deep as you could possibly go (and more).

The WHY is looking for a reason. A Purpose. Some significance of sorts.

The WHO will continue for me. I think I know the answer to WHY. I narrowed it down to either a) all events on the space-time grid are significant b) no event on the space-time grid is significant
And i' ve always been thinking that the Whys are the most difficult to answer ! I see you are back to the space-time grid .looks like a case of half full- half empty glass once again. I came across some interesting articles on Simultaneous time though . Found them in my file for "to be read later " LOLThe article is mind boggling !

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "WHY debate? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 10:30am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Why debate --- to share my opinion on topics and see how others' differs. Can't be disagreeing with them until you know what they believe.

I don't debate to bring anyone to my side, I don't expect a small debate to change the way people think or what they believe. I just hope in that the process of a discussion, I can learn something new about their thought process and teach them a thing or two about mine. I like knowing what people think and why and how they came about forming that opinion in the first place.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 11:30am | IP Logged

Coming from you thats a surprise, Mister K ! Do you really stop after that why !!! I

The WHO is interrogative Angie. It could go as deep as you could possibly go (and more).

The WHY is looking for a reason. A Purpose. Some significance of sorts.

The WHO will continue for me. I think I know the answer to WHY. I narrowed it down to either a) all events on the space-time grid are significant b) no event on the space-time grid is significant
And i' ve always been thinking that the Whys are the most difficult to answer ! I see you are back to the space-time grid .looks like a case of half full- half empty glass once again. I came across some interesting articles on Simultaneous time though . Found them in my file for "to be read later " LOLThe article is mind boggling !

Not exactly! Space-time is the WHERE and WHEN. WHY did it happen WHERE it happened and WHEN it happened either has significance if all else has significance or has no significance if nothing else has significance. It seems like it is observer dependent (what some might call subjective) but the act of observation is also an event which has to adhere to the same rules of significance / insignificance.

Every event in the universe is unique. If it happened at the same place, it didn't happen at the same time. If it happened at the same time, it didn't happen at the same place. By place, I mean that point in space when looked at all the way down to the subatomic level. A Planck length to be precise. And by time, I mean all the way down to the lowest possible metric of time, which is a Planck time. At that scale, every event is unique. Has to be.

An observer might attach significance or detach significance for a single event or for a summary of events. But left to themselves, the events are devoid of any such purpose. They keep occurring till they "run out" of space-time.
If you bring in an observer then observation is perception, and to perceive you need consciousness . Consciousness if  outside time zone  then there will be no past /future events- that means everything occuring simultaneously.  Even if time is taken out of the equation, space still remains !

Mister.K.

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 11:54am | IP Logged

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:08pm | IP Logged

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Why debate?

Because I have nothing better to do.

You know what I say to that. You need to go ......

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by return_to_hades

To win.

You can bash the other person on his/her head till s/he accepts defeat. So, why debate??

The sight of blood makes me queasyWink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top