Why debate?

Because I have nothing better to do.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Why debate?

You know what I say to that. You need to go ......
SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: souro

You can bash the other person on his/her head till s/he accepts defeat. So, why debate??

The sight of blood makes me queasy😉
SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

Why debate?

Now you are being self-deprecatory. 😛

Why debate? Depends on "what" and "who with".

"what" - the topic interests me and I'd like to know what others think about it; I have something useful to say on the topic; I need to state and/or clarify my point of view;

"who with" - people who let me finish what I have to say before giving a rebuttal

Never debate to convert...

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: SholaJoBhadkey

The sight of blood makes me queasy😉

I wish I could bash the people's skulls if they don't submit. Unfortunately, I was made a pacifist Dark Lord. Its ironic.

But my real reason for debating is I'm nerd like that. I'm socially unable to have conversations. Mom, dad, sis, friends, online, offline, here there, in box, with a fox, in a house, with a mouse, on a train, in the rain - I'm always discussing or debating something or the other. I'm full of who, what, where, why, when, how, if, but, what if, perhaps, maybe, if so etc etc and debate is one way of filling those blanks.
Originally posted by: Summer3

Well if not debate we can always discuss a certain subject.

We can learn a few good things from others by sharing info.
If we do not like serious subjects and we can always discuss some light hearted subjects too eg. Best eating habits etc.
It is not nice to keep going off track too frequently.

We also have a DM chat club but I think it has had a nautral death.😆

Yes, agreed.
I guess on online forums, one can't really "debate" as they would in real world. It generally diverges to a discussion more or less or the topic gets lost in between.

@bold: Sometimes, I do cringe when a topic goes off in a whole new direction but at times, I do sigh in relief that it did or people would be tearing each other apart 😆 (that was a general statement for both virtual + real world debates).
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I'm full of who, what, where, why, when, how, if, but, what if, perhaps, maybe, if so etc etc and debate is one way of filling those blanks.

Been there, done that. FYI, that is stage 1.

Stage 2: you will still do all that but only with yourself. You will be the one asking questions and you will be the one answering them. In short, you will be debating with yourself. You will have minimal outwardly influence during this stage. At this point, you are listening to others but not considering any inputs because you already have those inputs. All possible viewpoints are built in, inside your system.

Stage 3: You eliminated most viewpoints and settled down on just a couple. You are not sure which one is the right one because the truth is still eluding you.

Stage 4: I wish I knew.

Originally posted by: Mister.K.

WHY debate? Great question. I like you already.

I myself used to put the WHY in front of a lot of things. I don't do that anymore. Now, it stops right after the WHY. Nothing follows after that one word.

Please let me know if you stumble upon the answer(s). I look forward to hearing from you.

Oh....thank you. Atleast someone likes me in DM =P

Most of my thoughts do turn to WHY and I find myself contemplating reasons for it afterwards. Though it rarely gives me the "correct" answer but it does leave a whole lot of curiosity inducing thoughts/possiblities which keeps the interest alive. Then, I have noticed myself coming back to that WHY question and many times with a different perspective and a whole new set of possiblities.
Keeping the mind wondering is much better than ceasing it to reach a possible potential.

karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Why debate?
Because of general curiosity :P

Originally posted by: Believe

Edited...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😉Keep it up!!! buddy!!👍🏼

What did you edit? I am curious. 😆

Xoxo