Posted: 13 years ago
Hello.

We all come to I-F for some reason or the other...most of the members for some entertainment and to give themselves a lil break.
Personally, I visit only a few sections here...which includes a serial forum as well where I usually go for updates or talk to friends and spam. =P

Now, coming to the topic, why do y'all like to debate? Is there something interesting about it? Is it because you get to see so many different POVs on a topic? Is it because you are also confused about your own POV and would like to see what others think on an issue? What drives you to debate? What is the purpose of debating? Do we always reach to a stand point at the end? or does the debate gets lost along the way?

You see, I'm quite new to DM considering the number of topics I've participated in here....plus I dont really consider myself as a good debator here (in virtual world) because its just too different. Although, verbal debates are better to handle and I actually feel more comfortable doing that. Debating on a forum is still a whole new thing to me....

Anyways, so do you think its always necessary on having a debate 'cause some of the topics that I've seen dont really have much of a substance to debate about but lets not name names. 😳

This got longer than I wanted and as always my point got distorted between, but if you still get the gist of the topic then do give your two cents. 😳

PS: I'm not too sure if this topic is eligible for DM....so dear Mod, you can tell me if need be and close the topic. =)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Well if not debate we can always discuss a certain subject.
 We can learn a few good things from others by sharing info.
If we do not like serious subjects and we can always discuss some light hearted subjects too eg. Best eating habits etc.
It is not nice to keep going off track too frequently.

We also have a DM chat club but I think it has had a nautral death.😆

WHY debate? Great question. I like you already.

I myself used to put the WHY in front of a lot of things. I don't do that anymore. Now, it stops right after the WHY. Nothing follows after that one word.

Please let me know if you stumble upon the answer(s). I look forward to hearing from you.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Mister.K.

I myself used to put the WHY in front of a lot of things. I don't do that anymore. Now, it stops right after the WHY. Nothing follows after that one word.

Please let me know if you stumble upon the answer(s). I look forward to hearing from you.

Yes....'Why' is not negativity, It is an inquiring approach. 'Why' is not saying anything, it is simply raising a question.... That question is to know, to find what the truth is..Why means I am prepared to know. I am ready to go as far as possible... Why is the way to truth. 👍🏼
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

To win means, win the debate! ?or something else.. 😊
I think It is easier to say yes, it is easier to say no, becos there is nothing you have to do.
Bt to ask 'WHY' needs guts. To ask WHY needs courage to remain in the state of notknowing & go on questioning everything till the moment you yourself arrive at the reality...
Edited by Believe - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
We Debate to prove our existence

baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
why debate?

simple for me

its to put my pov across on a particular topic and to also see

what other ppls views are

and simply to learn and improve my debating skills

by seeing hows debates are carried out

nice topic ania 👍🏼
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

You can bash the other person on his/her head till s/he accepts defeat. So, why debate??

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Theres already been enough debate on this topic earlier , You might want to take a look at that thread - "what is the point of debate "

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Mister.K.

Coming from you thats a surprise, Mister K ! Do you really stop after that why !!! If I m not wrong , You have the longest thread to ur credit though it did not start with a why but a who ! Getting some answers is not easy but one does reach somewhere close even if not on target. Lastly , just my own belief, When You wish for something real hard you end up getting it ! We have to be careful of what we wish for lest it come true !