Book Talk

What's Your Favorite Agatha Christie Book? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

Ann_92

IF-Dazzler

Ann_92

Posted: 16 October 2011 at 8:25am | IP Logged
i love all her books esp poirot and tuppence series

and thentheere were none was awesum..i still get chills 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What's Your Favorite Agatha Christie Book? (Page 4)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 7:07am | IP Logged
The first I read of Agatha Christie was 'The Murder of Roger Ackroyd' and it is supposed to be her best...But I have always loved 'The man in the brown suit!' ...Dont know why...The romance and the thrill and the drama in that novel, along with a bit 'Unagatha' like Character being the main heroine being young and beautiful and intelligent and a basic adventuress ...as well as Harry and also the character of the main villain...I just loved all them...not to forget the Major and Anne's friend and every character associated with her...I loved it!

angelirebelli

IF-Dazzler

angelirebelli

Posted: 23 October 2011 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
A Murder is Announced .. for the simple reason that it was my first book by Agatha Christie..

She does have many fab books some of them being, Why didnt they ask Evans ? The blue geranium, Murder on the orient express, Cards on the table...

MairaKhan1180

Goldie

MairaKhan1180

Posted: 16 January 2012 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
For me, it's "Ten Little Indians"

atikna

IF-Dazzler

atikna

Posted: 15 February 2012 at 3:32am | IP Logged
I have loved agatha christies books

but now when i read the books she has written under the pen name of mary , i can'tdo anything but bow to this genius

absent in spring, giant, a daughter's daughter are study of human nature in themselves.

i would recommend all mystery lovers to read these books to discover the romantic side of Agatha Christie
Most of these books are in a way bitter sweet romances

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 04 April 2012 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by atikna

I have loved agatha christies books

but now when i read the books she has written under the pen name of mary , i can'tdo anything but bow to this genius

absent in spring, giant, a daughter's daughter are study of human nature in themselves.

i would recommend all mystery lovers to read these books to discover the romantic side of Agatha Christie
Most of these books are in a way bitter sweet romances

Wow! You have no idea how glad I am to find someone who thinks EXACTLY like me about her books! Yes, I have read all her romantic novels (the ones she wrote under the pseudonym Mary Westmacott) and yes these books are a deep study of human nature...Absent in the spring, The Rose and the Yew tree, The unfinished portrait and Sad Cypress have become my fav novels of all time.
You know, it amazes me that someone who is called the 'The queen of crime' and detective fiction can so deliciously weave romance in her plots. I do love her ability to make the reader guess endlessly about who's the murderer...but what I really love about her books are her life like characters and her love stories. Yes, you are right...there is a bittersweet quality about almost all of her love stories...so many examples...Elinor and Roddy from Sad Cypress...Caroline and her husband from Five little pigs...Vera and Lombard from ATTWN...the love triangle of Linnet-Simon-Jackie...the list is endless.
I too recommend all AC lovers to try and read the 6 novels she wrote as Mary...they're beautifully painted portraits of the human psyche. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top