Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

naina0123

naina0123

Posted: 17 May 2010 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Hello everyone!Hug
This is Naina here.After reading some beautiful FF,SS and OS s here, I've decided to take the plunge.This is my first attempt in writing..so let me warn you that it might not be very good.This OS is a scene from an American sitcom called  F.R.I.E.N.D.S.I've made a few changes.
Thanks Divya chechi for everything.
                                     FAREWELL 

It was her last night in Bombay..in the next 24 hours she would be on her way to Paris where she had just got posted as the Head of Marketing Department for Louis Vuitton.

She had no other choice.She had to do this'for her career,for her family.for Gunjan'

"Cmon Nupur!Its just for 2 years.You are acting as if you are leaving Bombay and going to a whole other galaxy.Dont worry..you will be fine".She tried to assure herself.But God knew how hard it was for her..Its Bombay for God's sake!It was her favourite city..a city that never slept..just like her.The city were she was born,bought up,the city where she met her best friends,the city where she met May..  "Stop it Nupur!" she scolded herself as her eyes turned moist.

"Di!Are you ok??" ,Gunjan asked full of concern.

"Ya am fine" Nupur said as she wiped her tears and looked around the room.Her friends had thown her a farewell party.

"Cmon you guys!!Ill be gone only for 2 years.There is absolutely no need for a farewell party!"But it was her friends after all..they would have none of it..and she loved them for that.

Uday, as usual was binging on pizzas without caring about the world.Thankfully he had approved of his favourite sister going .When Nupur had announced about her move to Paris,he did make a lot of hue and cry, but eventually gave in. "After all you will leave me one day and go to your husband house" he had joked.

Benji was shamelessly flirting with Dia who seemed be seemed to pleasantly confused with the sudden change in his behaviour.

Annie and Chako were having yet another silly fight..No matter how much you fight one day you are gonna end up with each other.. she thought as she smiled inwardly.

Samrat and Mayank were talking with a can of coke in their hands,and by the looks and grins on their faces its was pretty evident that both were pulling each others legs..

At that precise moment Mayank caught Nupur staring at him.Before she could look away he gave her a wink and her favourite smile.Nupur could feel her knees goin weak,but she chose not react and tried her best to control her tears.

"Di!Are you listening to me?are you ok??"

"Mmm..ya am fine.Gunjan, I need to talk to you" she pulled her wrist and took her to her bedroom.Nupur closed the door and made her lil sister sit on the bed.

"Ok..Ive got some goodbye stuffs to tell everybody.I don't think Ill be able to wait any longer."

Gunjan gave a I understand,go ahead nod.

"Ok!Gunji listen to me carefully..you take care of yourself ok?Dont let anyone influence you or your actions'not even Sam..no wait a minute!Sam is not much of a problem"she added with a wink."Have your food on time and don't study all night long..sleep well and..

"Di!Di!Di! Take a deep breath.Relax Di.I am going to be fine.Please don't worry about me.Besides Uday and Dia are here with me. You just take care of yourself"

"I don't know what am going to do without seeing your smiling face everyday.I'll miss you sweety"said  Nupur and hugged her tight.

"Dia,take care of Uday and Gunji ok..and most importantly do not change..you rock gal!You really do!Stay the way you are..DIVALICIOUS"

"Uday bhaiya,I know you are upset with me but its only 2 years na??Time will fly and you wont even realize it.Please don't be mad at me?You know how much I love you and how much I am gonna miss making sandwiches for you in the middle of the night"

"Shh!!"Uday placed a finger on his favourite sister's lips and then hugged her.

"Take care Nupur.we will miss you terribly" Nupur loved his hug..It always reminded her Bauji..it was as if he was protecting his angels from the big,bad world.

"Benji, I am officially giving you the responsibility to play the notorious prankster.. you have to keep up my name Benji.Promise me you will disturb Sammy and Gunjan whenever they are in a romantic mood and you will tease them to death.And ya!please help my dearest bro in find his Dream Girl" Benji nodded and he smiled.Before Nupur left the room.. "Benji,one more thing."

"Yes?"

"Tell Dia that you love her before its too late"

She smirked and left the room leaving behind a dumbstruck Benji.

Mayank's POV

Its all a nightmare.It will be over soon..he tried to console himself.But it was all happening..for Real!

Yesterday when Nupur  had called him up to tell that she would be leaving for Paris,he thought it was just another of her silly pranks.

"Oh really?Good luck then.Enjoy  Paris" he said sarcastically and hung up without listening to her.

It was when Uday told him of the farewell party did he realize that she was Serious!Very Serious!and he was dumb enough not get that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samrat-"Dude!!You've got to tell her how you feel."

Mayank-"How is that going to help?"

Dia-"Ok Mayank!Look,Nupur is going to Paris!Paris!For 2 years!!Do you know how many hot guys are there in Paris??Its like a City of Brad Pitts!!

Mayank-"Come to the point,Dia!" rolling his eyes.

Dia-"Yeah.The point is you've got to keep your stupid ego aside and tell her how you feel..You never know she might change her mind and may even stay in Bombay!Coz as far as I know,even she is dreading this."

Mayank-"Am not sure guys.I mean I don't even know what she thinks of me!"

Samrat-"Oh cut the crap!Everyone knows she loves you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't get a Goodbye?Everyone gets a goodbye but me??What should I do to get a goodbye?Be  best friends with you?Hang out with you?Play crazy pranks with you?Oh wait a minute!Wait a minute!I did all those things!!

"May.."

"Maybe I am not giving you enough credit..You know it is difficult to say goodbye to 5 people.goodbye,goodbye,goodbye,goodbye,gooccrrgh its physically impossible!"

"May.."

"You know what Nupur?After all these years..I cannot believe This is how you wanna end things with us.Hvae a great time in Paris!"

He slammed the door on her face and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You think I did not say goodbye to you coz you don't meant anything to me??

"That's what it seemed like!

"I cannot believe after all these years you don't know one thing about me!You want to know why I did not say goodbye to you??

Because its TOO DAMN HARD MAYANK!!too damn hard!!I cannot even begin to explain how much am gonna miss you!When I think of not seeing you every day,it makes me Not wanna go!So if you think I did not say goodbye to you coz you don't mean as much to me, You are WRONG!Itz coz YOU MEAN MORE TO ME..OK??So there!there is your goodbye!

"Nup.."

"What??"

"You cant jus..you cant.."

"What???"

Mayank grabbed her by her waist and pressed his lips against hers.He held her face with his hands and moved them across her back and finally placed them on her waist.Nupur shuddered  as his touch sent chills down her spine at the same time set her body on fire

Finally,when they were out of breath..

"Nupur,I love you" to which Nupur chuckled lightly and added "Thankyou!!I had begun to think that you might never say!

"That still doesn't answer my question."

"What question?"

"Do you love me?"

"Of course I love you!" with that she hugged him for what seemed like eternity..

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I am waiting for your comments.Please give your honest opinions..criticism is welcome.Please press the Like tab if you like it.

Edited by naina0123 - 17 May 2010 at 10:12am

The following 32 member(s) liked the above post:

salma009mayur247supriyamnfankrish_artiAsmara.prerana_mjhtardhanatanya.dsouza-Aiza-anju011kiarathedivamaloo19C_O_O_Lmayurg2010aysha1989thenarcissistgopi06-sam-You-Know-WhoMrinaLoveNote-Samira-A-N-S-H-I-K-AShwePooAngle.-SupriyaluvsMN-wind453Faria.Rafa.LunaPotterstuti123-afsha-annie07myownarea

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mayur OS- FAREWELL" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ShwePoo

IF-Rockerz

ShwePoo

Posted: 17 May 2010 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Nice OS...
Do write more...

- Pooja

Edited by mjhtnupurmayank - 17 May 2010 at 8:04am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

naina0123-afsha-

sariska_mnarti

IF-Rockerz

sariska_mnarti

Posted: 17 May 2010 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Nice

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

naina0123

myownarea

IF-Stunnerz

myownarea

Posted: 17 May 2010 at 8:13am | IP Logged

hey naina Hug

u r most welcome Hug

Like I said before... I totally loved it, u have adapted it beautifully :)

I cudnt imagine anybody but Mayank and Nupur
that was the beauty of it..
very well written :)
cheers naina.. keep writing: )
Love
Divya

Edited by myownarea - 17 May 2010 at 8:16am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

naina0123Rafa.LunaPotter

-afsha-

IF-Sizzlerz

-afsha-