Astitva Ek Prem Kahani

What would you do?

Aloo_gobi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Hi everyone...

i realised everyone on these discussion forums are always talking about reuniting abhi and simran...but if you put yourself in simran's shoes,..taking into account everything that has happened with her... what would you do?

personally, if i was simran i would not want to go against my family again, even though i know i could be happy with abhi once again.  but on the other hand, rare people get true love however i know that my memories with abhi will let me carry on with life, and like they say...

'its better to have loved and lost...than not to have loved at all..' .

what do you all think ?

Edited by Aloo_gobi - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

queenbee thumbnail
I couldn't put myself in Simran's shoes ever... cos I wudn't have taken he decisions that she did, specially a crucial one like getting Abhi to marry Neha (!!!)

But since it's all hypothetical.. and taking friday's episode as the starting point, ummmmm.... I'd let Abhi raise his own daughter with occasional help from me (until he marries XYZ again, where XYZ is NOT equal to ME) ... and there's no doubt I'd find someone else to love again - memories are pleasant, but not a substitute for a real relationship 😊
Edited by queenbee - 19 years ago
queenbee thumbnail
Originally posted by: kiran2516

I wouldn't marry abhi again either.  Maybe if drama's had STD's, and Abhi got one from one of his many wives, no one would consider marrying him.  I just think personally to stay away from ppl that have been used like crazy and those that have used you.

👏👏👏

I agree! How can our awareness of STDs in real life be separate from the choices we make? Good point.

More than anything though, I'd stay away from him becos although he may be a good person and I'd be there for him and he may even be in love with me, I would NOT feel the same about him as when we were husband-and-wife. You can break its springs but u can't turn back the clock.
pagpri thumbnail
I completely agree with what you have said. Earlier I belived that Dr. Simran should go back to Abhi as she loves him and he was her true love. But when you all said get into her shoes i think its difficult for any woman to take such a decision after all she has gone through all these years.

I think Abhi should raise his child on his own and Dr. Simran will surely find someone who loves her dearly without any differences. She deserves to be loved at some time...

sree thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I really believe Simran and Abhi are made for each other. But i also feel that the script writers should not have decided on Abhi-Neha marriage as it dilutes Abhi's love for Simran. You people might remember that when Abhi was in Nasik away from Simran and trying to prove his identity, he was so very inspired with Simran and he got to know that he was so much in love with Simran that he wished he had not made all those mistakes he made.

Guilt was always in his mind and even after he met Simran, he was respecting and adoring her so much that in the intimate scenes shown in Singapore, we found out that Abhi and Simran,even though seperated cared so much for the well being of the other.This i would say is unconditional love.

After showing all this, Abhi toget married to Neha just bcos Simran asked him to do so, was a flaw in the script , i would say. Then, they showed that Abhi lived a normal life with Neha as her husband which put the viewer(especially me) in real doubt that if he loved Simran so much, how could he be this loyal to Neha? This actually diluted the love he had for Simran.

Now, with Neha gone, its really ridiculous if Abhi and Simran got together now. If this had to happen, the think team of AStitva should have thought twice before they settled for Abhi-Neha marriage. They should have taken a stand that Abhi lives alone and does not marry Neha bcos he still loves Simran intensely. If they had allowed the story on those lines, may be Simran would have pushed aside her father's sentiments and tried to tell Abhi that she still loves him. Abhi was ofcourse loving her and even asked her once , though indirectly, that can they forget what happened and get united?

Now, I personally think that Abhi and Simran should not get united just for the fact that Neha said so in her last wishes.

I would love to see them together (bcos this is what i wanted from the day they got separated). But now, if this happens, Astitva which i consider a cut above all serials, will just dilute its popularity and become just another serial going on the same old line.

nightingale thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Hi,

Sree_p has very logical thinking. Maybe you should look for a job in story lanning for TV serials, because most of them are so illogical!

akshaya thumbnail

Sree_p said abhi married neha coz simran said so..and that this action diluted his love...in the new promos that are out...abhi has a line where he says...."tumhare kehne pe simran, main pati hone ka har farz nibhata gaya par main sirf tumse pyar karta hoon" or to the likes of that.

if i were in simran shoes i wouldn't have gotten them married but then she didnt realize that she still loved him until she saw abhi and neha together. and so she couldnt go back on her word.

and she will still not marry abhi and she would help abhi out with his kid but not marry him.

Jem4Himesh thumbnail

Originally posted by: queenbee

I couldn't put myself in Simran's shoes ever... cos I wudn't have taken he decisions that she did, specially a crucial one like getting Abhi to marry Neha (!!!)

But since it's all hypothetical.. and taking friday's episode as the starting point, ummmmm.... I'd let Abhi raise his own daughter with occasional help from me (until he marries XYZ again, where XYZ is NOT equal to ME) ... and there's no doubt I'd find someone else to love again - memories are pleasant, but not a substitute for a real relationship 😊

I completely agree, i wouldn't have taken some of the decisions that Simran has done!! if i was in her shoes, i would have asked Abhi to marry me again (to give it another go) instead of marrying another woman!! Surely that would be the realistic decision seeing that he has matured a lot and realised his responsibilities?

As for going against her family again, surely they would want to see her happy again and settled with the man who is the father of her child right? not someone 'new' (look what happened to manu...)

😳

But the question remains, now what should Simran do after Neha telling her to bring up her daughter...surely no woman can put herself through that (esp. when she's got Aastha to think about), remember what happened to Simran (in Neha's bedroom) at Neha's housewarming party? I think ultimately, Abhi should bring up his own daughter.

😕

Edited by jem1299 - 19 years ago
rads thumbnail
if i were in simrans shoes, i would not getr marrioed to abhi again. i reould definitely be open to mother neha's kid.
tulip thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This story is so complicated 😭

Don't you think Abhi is very stupid and immature...Simran needs to get a life- Dr. Brian is more suitable for her. Regarding Abhi, he should marry that Poonam.