Ankita-"I'm really lucky" - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Ankita Lokhande, "I'm really lucky to get a co-star like Sushant in my very first show"

Ankita Lokhande is the new popular mulgi on Indian Television and with her character Archana on Pavitra Rishta ,becoming a household name Ankita is sure the current centre of interest. So lets hear it out as the Marathi lass from Indore speaks about her Patron show Pavitra Rishta and her own personal interests.

How did Pavitra Rishta happen?

I started out with 'Zee Cine Stars ki khoj' which gave me a good platform to begin with. And then Pavitra Rishta followed which is my very first television soap and I got to play the lead.

What interests you apart from acting?

I love dancing. I'm very passionate about dancing. In fact this was the very reason for my joining this industry. I wanted people to see me perform on stage. I didn't want to perform like any other ordinary person but always dreamed of dancing where there were thousands of people witnessing and appreciating my performance. Cine stars gave me the opportunity. I even won the best dancer in Zee Cine Stars.

How is Ankita in real life?

I'm very different from my on screen character. I love talking. I love interacting with people. You can call me an introvert to some extent.

So to what extent do you relate to your on screen character Archana?

We are both similar in the sense that though we are both very simple but at the same time we know what we are doing and people love that.

What is your dream character?

Well the character which I'm playing now is a very goodie- goodie one. I'm seen in a very simple look and my character is very soft. I would love to play a character which is very outgoing, or bold. Not really hot but something which is very glamorous and appealing. Something very different from what I'm doing now. I want to do something which is close to Ankita.

Your equation with Sushant?

Sushant is a very nice guy and I'm extremely comfortable working with him. I feel I'm fortunate to be working with him. It's very rare to get somebody who is so supportive and I'm really lucky to get a co-star like Sushant in my very first show. He is not somebody who would raise eyebrows if you go wrong somewhere or look down on you if you make a mistake. He helps you to improve yourself and makes things really easy and comfortable. 

Any other projects apart from Pavitra Rishta?

Right now I am getting offers but I'm so busy doing Pavitra Rishta that I am not in the position to make place for any other project. As for movies I wouldn't say I'm not interested in doing them but I would want it to come to me. I want my work to speak for me. So if I get a chance like that I want it to be because of my merits.

What is Pavitra Rishta to you?

It is obviously very special since it's my very first show and I love working for it especially because the show has given me my family in a way. And I share a high comfort level of comfort with all my co- stars.

Your experience working on the show.

We have a blast. We have so much fun on the sets. We are always up to something naughty and we are like one big family having the time of our lives. We bring food from home, we go out together. And you naturally enjoy because it's very important that you are comfortable with the people you work with.  

-Rahat Khan/ TellyCafe.com

http://tellycafe.com/star-interviews/ankita-lokhande-i-m-really-lucky-to-get-a-co-star-like-sushant-in-my-very-first-show

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
lovely interview , thanks for posting .
gaurimisha thumbnail
Thanks for posting...I really like her
LuvSSever thumbnail
Thanks for posting. Me too love her a lot.😊
-monica- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the article.....
it was nice interview. loved it and love Anki so much.😳
mansi96 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Great article, thank you for posting!

Love Ankita! She is really a great girl and I love how much she appreciates working on PR and her colleagues, esp. Sushant.  😊
layna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for posting, we're lucky too to have them as our lead pair
bhavni88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks for posting...

ankita seems like a wonderful person..all the best to her..

its good they have so much fun on the sets...
precious_zeba thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for the article...
Savvy thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
aww such a sweet interview!

Love the off-screen chemistry btwn ArMan 😛