Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chal_phek_mat thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Next election cycle the political parties of India will try to outdo each other in making legislation to fulfill this fatwa and we get to grab a box of popcorn and watch it unfold

Always love mindless entertainment
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
oh look the woman is a shia im a sunni but we women are allowed to work
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

Sorry P1nk, just issue them a fatwa too.😆
Well hope you have better luck next time. I am sure better things will follow.

LOL if i knew how to i probably would. I am still searching until someone kindly employs me, hopefully.
SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

No 'fatwa' against Muslim working women, says Deoband

NEW DELHI: Darul Uloom Deoband, India's foremost Islamic seminary, on Wednesday denied asking Muslim women not to work along with men and said it only suggested that working women should dress "properly".

"We had only given an opinion based on Sharia that women need to be properly covered in government and private offices," said Maulana Adnan Munshi, spokesman for the seminary in Saharanpur in Uttar Pradesh.

He denied a media report that the seminary was opposed to men and women working together.

"No new fatwa was issued," Maulana Munshi told IANS on telephone, adding that even the opinion on dress code was given when a Muslim woman desired to know if women could go to work without a 'purdah' or veil.
"That too is one-and-a-half months old," he said.

But the media report claiming that the Deoband seminary had issued a "fatwa" against working women has led to sharp reactions from leaders and scholars from the Muslim community.

Maulana N.A. Farooqui, secretary of the Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind, said the Deoband fiat "should be understood in the correct perspective".

He said Islam does not prohibit women from taking up jobs or moving outside the house but it was obligatory for them to keep themselves "properly covered".

Congress MP Rashid Alvi said every religion had its own rules but the law of the land must prevail ultimately.

"Whatever a preacher says, it is according to religion. But if there is a conflict between religion and constitution, then the law of the land will prevail," Alvi told IANS.

Former MP Syed Shahabuddin said Muslim women in contemporary life were educated, had taken up jobs and, in some cases, were helping their husbands in running businesses. "It is not possible to follow such a fatwa."
Edited by SholaJoBhadkey - 13 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
^Is it deoband or dimaagband ??? these stupid people are against the billions of people who believe in personal freedom and social tolerance.
This is a living example how LEGAL or ILLIGAL.... CRIME OR NOT ... does not decide that the action/attitude/policy is Morally Right or CIVILISED.

This is not at all morally acceptable ... or a civilised behavior ... it is an extreme behavior ... (obviously not excercising moderation here).

Women have the right to work ... if they want ... atleast when the need arises.

Just looking at the world ... we can see so many situations where the women MUST BE ALLOWED TO WORK ... because often its an emergency situation.

Sometimes, in normal circumstances, in some cultures, women prefer the home themselves...BUT THEN AGAIN THATS TH DECISION OF THE WOMEN. Its important that she has the right to decide whether to work outside not not!... AND IN BOTH THE DECISIONS SHE SHOULD BE WELCOME.

Justified decisions is a human right ... and a very civilised behavior. NO RULE OF LAW IS COMPLETE without allowing basic human rights to all its citizens.
Edited by Ice-Thinker - 13 years ago
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: P1nk

LOL if i knew how to i probably would. I am still searching until someone kindly employs me, hopefully.

There are two things that most employers look for. the right qualifications and the right experience. But if these people do not give you a chance how can you get the experience. Well you will just have to find a toe hold and work yourself from there. Alternatively try to pull some strings.
yes fatwa if she works. but she is more than welcome to become a terrorist. hype of double standards!!!!!!!!!!!
P1nk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Summer3

There are two things that most employers look for. the right qualifications and the right experience. But if these people do not give you a chance how can you get the experience. Well you will just have to find a toe hold and work yourself from there. Alternatively try to pull some strings.

I got rejected because I didn't have my own personal transport. Next time I will lie and quickly buy a car/
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
P1nk you must have told them that you will get a car if necessary. The excuse seems rather lame.
Talk to them again.