Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

Bartz

Goldie

Bartz

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Does that mean now Muslim women will stop working?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Deoband-fatwa-Its-illegal-for-women-to-work-support-family/articleshow/5919153.cms

Deoband fatwa: It's illegal for women to work, support family

Pervez Iqbal Siddiqui, TNN, May 12, 2010, 02.40am IST

LUCKNOW: Darul Uloom Deoband, the self-appointed guardian for Indian Muslims, in a Talibanesque fatwa that reeked of tribal patriarchy, has decreed that it is "haram" and illegal according to the Sharia for a family to accept a woman's earnings. Clerics at the largest Sunni Muslim seminary after Cairo's Al-Azhar said the decree flowed from the fact that the Sharia prohibited proximity of men and women in the workplace.

"It is unlawful (under the Sharia law) for Muslim women to work in the government or private sector where men and women work together and women have to talk with men frankly and without a veil," said the fatwa issued by a bench of three clerics. The decree was issued over the weekend, but became public late on Monday, seminary sources said.

The fatwa was in response to a question whether Muslim women can take up government or private jobs and whether their salary should be termed as 'halal' (permissible under the Sharia) or 'haram' (forbidden).

Well-known Shia cleric Maulana Kalbe Jawwad, however, justified the fatwa. "Women in Islam are not supposed to go out and earn a living. It's the responsibility of the males in the family," he said. "If a woman has to go for a job, she must make sure that the Sharia restrictions are not compromised," he added, citing the example of Iran, where Muslim women work in offices but have separate seating areas, away from their male counterparts.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Illegal for women to work?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:47pm | IP Logged
Just reading the article makes my blood boil. I wonder how these women deal with this crap.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Monika__29yyyy

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 10:02pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
This is a personal interpretation of Islamic teachings ... a fatwa is only binding upon its author. It is up to other Muslims to choose right from wrong for themselves and through their own interpretations of the Quran. Having said that, it makes the whole argument of women working "illegal" against any law (Islamic or not) out of the question. This is a group of people, setting standards/guidelines for themselves, if they choose to believe something like this, it is their personal opinion and should not be enforced on anyone.

As I always say, even religion does not permit stupidity. It would be nice if people used their brains every once in a while.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

supercool3P1nksimi_1return_to_hadesPerfangel5655chocolover89debayonbaz786rahmona_pakswe..RamKiJanaki..

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:13pm | IP Logged

I think those people dont study detail about particuler religion they put like this statement,& they even dont that that Pht.Mohammad First wife itself a bussiness women...Khadija inherited her business from a father, she has not been given the due credit for what see did for the muslim ummah ...thats different thing, She was not only a successful business woman but she was a politician as well , and her business, social and political life continued when she married the prophet Mohammad,  there are variuos examples of this.....then how can they say like this stupid ignorent comments.....those who dont know about religion,no probs God/Allah maaf karega.....those who act they know everything about religion, God/allah kabi maaf nahe karte..Smile

Edited by Believe - 12 May 2010 at 4:04am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JanuliciousP1nkPerfangel5655

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 12 May 2010 at 5:13am | IP Logged
I just got rejected for this job i really had my hopes for, shit i feel soo horrible. Cry

Edited by P1nk - 12 May 2010 at 5:15am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Perfangel5655

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 12 May 2010 at 5:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk

I just got rejected for this job i really had my hopes for, shit i feel soo horrible. Cry

Dont worry....we just doesn't care these things..chill & njoy TongueWink

Janulicious

Janulicious

Posted: 12 May 2010 at 7:38am | IP Logged
Religion is always modified according to
the society and no religion is an exception.
Almost all religions had restricted women from
working in the yesteryear. Some people come up
with some piece of information and try to use the it
to gain them publicity.  

Edited by Janulicious - 12 May 2010 at 7:41am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top