Debate Mansion

Geet Hui Sabse Parayi.......and NRI marriages? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 15 May 2010 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Geet Hui Sabse Parayi.......and NRI marriages? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 15 May 2010 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Serials like this are double edged swords. Yes such unfortunate incidents do occur in real life. Sometimes TV shows and such media can perform a vital role of bringing the issue out in the open, raise awareness about this. Unfortunately, people sometimes fail to realize that its just a show and depicting an extreme, sad but rare scenario.

Yes, many times NRI men as well as women will marry/get engaged to someone back home - but then disappear and leave them stranded. Many times desis back home hunt for NRI brides and grooms as a ticket to the United States. There are just bad marriages for the wrong reasons, period.

That does not mean the whole world is dark and bleak with no hope. There are plenty of good eligible people abroad and back home in India. In the end marriage is a lifelong commitment and both sides should approach with prudence and caution. People should not get blind sided by wealth or fixate on the fact that someone is of the same caste/community/religion etc. It is always good measure to research the family. As much as marriage is a social affair, its best to make sure all loose ends are tied up - social as well as legal so that God forbid something goes wrong - there is good legal backing.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion--ania--rahmona_pakswe

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 16 May 2010 at 1:08am | IP Logged
The fact is there isn't a guarantee saying that just because you have an arranged/Love marriage to NRI or V-desi or desi, you will be more happy....In India most of the cases are arranged marriages where just the boy/girls background ,family background, salary and badhabits are considered . And if everything is ok  then there is no reason to stop the marriageConfused ...I think its always wise to get married to someone who is very much like/love you... Only then can the couples be happy .WinkBig smile

Edited by Believe - 16 May 2010 at 1:21am

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 16 May 2010 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
Interesting thread, Lali Thumbs Up Thanks to you I've given the show a try and so far, it hasn't disappointed. As far as the central conflict in the show, like others so far I think it is rare... because, I'd also like to believe that we NRIs are not Evil Smile as we've often been portrayed onscreen. More prevalent is the tragic Visa-marriage-followed-by-humiliation-and-divorce, or at least I've seen more of it in through the experience of friends and relatives. Sadly, the idea of getting to know the person and their family isn't as easy as it seems, cuz some people are just that duplicitous and misleading. Culture clash issues, I think, can be overcome with time and familiarity, but at the end of the day people's priorities have to match. So, to answer the original question, I don't think the show serves as a warning against NRI marriages in particular, because they are nothing to be warned about - what's more alarming is the repressive and abusive family Geet has, IMO they are more the villains than her "husband" and "in-laws"....hopefully we'll see her find a balance between respecting them and standing up to them, and hopefully we'll see it happen on worthy and believable occasions. That's a better message to convey, I think.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top