Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Please feel free to push me in the ring whenever some members are required. I hate matches, but would hate more if no one turns up for RTH's project.

When enough members are already there then I would like to have a choice to choose the topic.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 13 years ago
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mister.K.

How about we push you, Ajnu and Sarina inside the ring first?! And next, Empti and P1nk.

Oh no sir, I'm certainly not good in such debates. I let Cloddy down big time last time we had a debate contest similar to the one you guys are attempting to organize right now. :(
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Edited the subject to Mister. K's suggestion. LOL! Some may have been frightened by our debate on how to conduct the debate.

How about letting participants voice which they prefer: teams or to each his own.

Haha, I don't have any qualms battling it out with Ajnu. For some reason she thinks she is not a good at these contests. She is a great writer/debater. I think last years competition was ill timed. I think she had exams. In fact I'm almost tempted to sign her up for all contests. She will kick butt.

Its ironic, Debate Mansion cannot get a Debate Contest going.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Edited the subject to Mister. K's suggestion. LOL! Some may have been frightened by our debate on how to conduct the debate.

How about letting participants voice which they prefer: teams or to each his own.

Haha, I don't have any qualms battling it out with Ajnu. For some reason she thinks she is not a good at these contests. She is a great writer/debater. I think last years competition was ill timed. I think she had exams. In fact I'm almost tempted to sign her up for all contests. She will kick butt.

Its ironic, Debate Mansion cannot get a Debate Contest going.

Personally, I prefer individual participation. Teams make it harder to coordinate ideas and present them in a way that satisfy both partner's thoughts. And its hard, for me, to collaborate with someone without having them face-to-face to discuss the topic with them. But of course, it undoubtedly adds to the challenge.

I'm not good at organized debates, Sarina. I don't have the patience needed to keep up with these long debates where I can't leave of my own free will.  😆 If you don't get any participants, I guess I'll be a good wifey and volunteer. 😳
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Oh no sir, I'm certainly not good in such debates. I let Cloddy down big time last time we had a debate contest similar to the one you guys are attempting to organize right now. :(

Oh well---- i had cooked up some wonderful stories then , i remember.😆

Will a keep a lookout on this contest. Should be interesting if we get even 2 enthusiastic members.

So well is it Cloddy and Ajnu like last time? 😆
karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

So well is it Cloddy and Ajnu like last time?

I will be there as well if the topics will be interesting.

I think we should provide some motivation for attracting more people. For example, debate contestants will be allowed to use a siggy saying :

"Hero/Heroine of Debate Mansion - who leads by taking initiative and is ready to fight for his/her beliefs" 😆

or something similar.
Originally posted by: karandel_2008

I will be there as well if the topics will be interesting.

I think we should provide some motivation for attracting more people. For example, debate contestants will be allowed to use a siggy saying :

"Hero/Heroine of Debate Mansion - who leads by taking initiative and is ready to fight for his/her beliefs" 😆

or something similar.

Or I could try changing the topic name to Sex & God contest. Apparently research shows that is what sells. 😆
^^ Or, go into each and every active thread, treat it as though the contest has already begun and declare a winner.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Okay, this is crazy. I officially sign myself up for the contest. DM needs some spark ... I'm willing to take initiative. :) I'd like an interesting topic, por favor and a good opponent. Karan's going on vacation, Cloddy probably won't be back for a long time, Sarina's not participating, Mister K's a judge ....so we need to find someone else.

If someone doesn't show up soon, I will volunteer someone myself. 😛

Editing to say I'd prefer no teams, and a short contest. Its not fun when its dragged for a long time. If we get one started soon, I'm sure people will take more interest and sign up as well. We can have a short one to kick things off. I like Mister K's idea of judging --- as far as friends supporting friends goes, its bound to happen. So we'll just deal with it, no worries.
Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 13 years ago