Debate Mansion

Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 15

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by debayon

Why would you need floss? LOL

</div>
<div>
i am not sure its available freely.. back there....Smile
But there is Vicco Bajardanti and Dabur Lal Manjan.

For that, qwerty will have to buy that neela and safed lines wala ghutanna to get the look just rightLOL...with nara hanging out a la dada kondkey eshtyleLOL

LOL ab mujhe shaque hai tohar hygeiene level pey gauri...agar kitanu andar ho.. toh paani kee chinta kyon... go ahead carefree dont bother about water.. u are good.. u have warriors right there within youLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Wow!  Visiting India during summers without any precautions --- is this the new sign of mardaangi or what LOL  Sarina, what are you trying to prove here, babes?  Even middle middle class Indians stay away from the nal ka pani over there.

I can't eat out when I go there during summers.  I enjoy the food during winters though.  But I am ALWAYS careful about the water. 

Yes, G. I'm trying to be all the man POH thinks me to be. Tongue

No I am showing my Mumbaigiri, we Mumbaikars grow up digesting toxic waste. What is thoda nal ka paani. I like to believe I am bio-weapon proof.

Reminds me of a joke.

A US ambassador is bragging about all the sophisticated weaponry they have and how they will be pioneers in biological warfare. He mocks all the countries and asks what they can do in front of US might. The Indian ambassador says "All we can do is offer you a friendly glass of water".

@Mumbaikars - I've not eaten at Gypsy. But Gurukripa is the best chatpata street side snack place. I went to Ruia and spent all my time on the katta eating Idli dosa at Manis or Masala Pav at DP's (Durga Parmeshwar). Kings Circle has the best Udipi restaurants though. Then my favorite gola waala was at Five Gardens.
nah u are good showing common sensegiri.. gauri is trying to impress her villagers when she is going to ask for mineral water and make unnecessary fuss at dinners...LOL

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
A word of caution here . Dont rely too much on the bottled waters available. The quality of some of them is suspect. It would be safer to go for RO filtered water that would be available in most homes these days.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Wow!  Visiting India during summers without any precautions --- is this the new sign of mardaangi or what LOL  Sarina, what are you trying to prove here, babes?  Even middle middle class Indians stay away from the nal ka pani over there.

I can't eat out when I go there during summers.  I enjoy the food during winters though.  But I am ALWAYS careful about the water. 
If you are born in india or have born and lived there for few years you dont need to go overboard with precautions....mardon ki nishani hai woh....LOL  I didnt bother about water either... in mumbai.. may i was lucky.. but i am more practical most of the time...like i said earlier.. deo, hand sanitizer and some floss is all you need....

Taking precautions with water is no way going overboard, Qwerty!  I have lived in India long enough to develop a good immune system and a fairly strong stomach but I still refuse to take risks - especially the ones that my family over there does not take.  And they have been living there all this time. 

I still take my chances with gol gappas (pani poori for you maharashtriyans).  But I am very well aware of the risks of catering to my taste buds.  I refuse to do that when it comes to other things like barf ka gola or ice in the cold drinks.
just worry about dengue, h1n1 and rest is fine.. baki .. its ok...if you have abcd's you need to avoid giving them only boiled mineral water.. thats the only thing...beyond that its upto you.. khane dhone (haath, muh), nahane  ka sab pani mineral water ho sakta hai.. just get a malpanis tanker hooked up..to the over head tank.LOL

Edited by qwertyesque - 29 May 2010 at 11:24pm

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Aword of caution here . Dont rely too much on the bottled waters available. The quality of some of them is suspect. It would be safer to go for RO filtered water that would be available in most homes these days.

I agree...lately i've been hearing that people insert regular tap water into bottles an still mange to keep the seal intact. There's not much you can trust...have to keep an eye out at all times and always make sure to go with someone and not go out by yourself---especially young females. I had a lot of bad experience with perverted guys...and i was 10!

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
Another word of caution, there are many bathrooms in indian houses in which they have the water heater inside the bathroom.
There have been instances where people went from here to india and died from taking really long showers and since there were no windows in the bathroom, the bad stuff(ummm...i cant remember what it was exactly. Will ask my parents since they know more) stayed in the room and the kid died :(

Edited by Jess. - 29 May 2010 at 11:26pm

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

I agree...lately i've been hearing that people insert regular tap water into bottles an still mange to keep the seal intact. There's not much you can trust...have to keep an eye out at all times and always make sure to go with someone and not go out by yourself---especially young females. I had a lot of bad experience with perverted guys...and i was 10!

That is one thing I hate about India, there just seem to be so many pervy guys. DeadI've had to deal with perverted jerks when I was just a kid too. People complain about the west. But here you can have a girl roam in tank top in the mall and the worst people will do is just ogle and stare a bit, but they feel embarrassed at doing so too. Back in India you could be fully clothed and still have to endure lewd comments. I blame it as the outcome of an unhealthily sexually repressed society. It makes me so mad though. Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Originally posted by Jess.

That is one thing I hate about India, there just seem to be so many pervy guys. DeadI've had to deal with perverted jerks when I was just a kid too. People complain about the west. But here you can have a girl roam in tank top in the mall and the worst people will do is just ogle and stare a bit, but they feel embarrassed at doing so too. Back in India you could be fully clothed and still have to endure lewd comments. I blame it as the outcome of an unhealthily sexually repressed society. It makes me so mad though. Angry

It's so freakin disgusting >(
My mom tells me stories of when she was younger and how there were parades there every year and when she and her cousins would go, they would fet pinched by random guys and when they turn around, the person would be gone. No offense to anyone but the men in India disgust me. I was always covered properly but i had nasty old men staring at me wherever i went. I really want to go to India again but as a female teenager, i am scared of going because of the perverted men there. If guys didnt hesitate to stare or comment about a 10 year old, imagine how the behavior will be around a teen girl. Disgusting.

Edited by Jess. - 29 May 2010 at 11:35pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top