Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Jess.

It's so freakin disgusting >(
My mom tells me stories of when she was younger and how there were parades there every year and when she and her cousins would go, they would fet pinched by random guys and when they turn around, the person would be gone. No offense to anyone but the men in India disgust me. I was always covered properly but i had nasty old men staring at me wherever i went. I really want to go to India again but as a female teenager, i am scared of going because of the perverted men there. If guys didnt hesitate to stare or comment about a 10 year old, imagine how the behavior will be around a teen girl. Disgusting.

I am not sure which city you are talking abuot.  In mumbai if you turn around and shout at him.. he will be beaten by passersby.. .. i think if you go in broad daylight and avoid certain areas you should be good....but i know there are a lot of those all over

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

I am not sure which city you are talking abuot.  In mumbai if you turn around and shout at him.. he will be beaten by passersby.. .. i think if you go in broad daylight and avoid certain areas you should be good....but i know there are a lot of those all over

Its a society which needs urgent moral re-enforcement ...

There is nothing called sexually repressed ... because those people who can go low enough to bad-eye a 10 years old, have surely visited the brothels and been doing all the dirty stuff possible...

These people do not represent the good ones in India.

People who wanna be bad, can be bad anywhere ... and those who wanna be good, can be good anywhere (Key: Bad = perverted behavior; Good=self control and decency)
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Oh yeah, the guys who keep staring at you. Haha, I remember I was with my mom, some one or the other always used to stare at her....the trick was to give them an intimidating look that says "I will   πŸ€¬ off if you look at her again"; Basically to let the person know that I am aware of him staring at my mom. Believe me, it worked.
debayon thumbnail
<font size="2">Its a society which needs urgent moral re-enforcement ... </font>

<font size="2">There is nothing called sexually repressed ... because those people who can go low enough to bad-eye a 10 years old, have surely visited the brothels and been doing all the dirty stuff possible...

These people do not represent the good ones in India.

People who wanna be bad, can be bad anywhere ... and those who wanna be good, can be good anywhere (Key: Bad = perverted behavior; Good=self control and decency)
</font>

Just wanted to add that it is also due to the huge illiteracy rate
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

Oh yeah, the guys who keep staring at you. Haha, I remember I was with my mom, some one or the other always used to stare at her....the trick was to give them an intimidating look that says "I will   πŸ€¬ off if you look at her again"; Basically to let the person know that I am aware of him staring at my mom. Believe me, it worked.

I am not sure if that works...... its india..... ogling in common...desis come here and ogle at blondes.and abcd's.πŸ˜† so you cant do much..they might misinterpret nasty looks for  sexy..and chase you further πŸ˜† so eye contact should be avoided but if they whistle tor do something like that.. the girls have the girl power.. turning around and trying to take out the sandals or asking "ghar main maa behen nahi hai kya" is the most intimidating thing for that guy in public who might just run away.. no guy wants to be mob lynched and beaten  with sandals.. This works in mumbai pune... not sure if it works in jaunpur, patna or delhi..etc where rowdyism  for some is a life-style...πŸ˜†
Edited by qwertyesque - 13 years ago
debayon thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

I am not sure if that works...... its india..... ogling in common...desis come here and ogle atblondes.and abcd's.πŸ˜†so you cant do much..they might misinterpret nasty looks for sexy..and chase you furtherπŸ˜†so eye contact should be avoided but if they whistle tor do something like that.. the girls have the girl power.. turning around and trying to take out the sandals or asking "ghar main maa behen nahi hai kya" is the most intimidating thing for that guy in public who might just run away.. no guy wants to be mob lynched and beaten with sandals.. This works in mumbai pune... not sure if it works in jaunpur, patna or delhi..etc whererowdyism for some is a life-style...πŸ˜†

Rowdyism is not a lifestyle in Delhi 😑 And it works! 😑 My mom usually ignores their stares, but I can't tolerate them looking at my mom, who's married with to kids. I keep looking at them till they realize that I am aware of who they are looking at am look away πŸ˜› And you say it's India as if India is the root of all common social ills. Remember you're Indian too, and India has just as many good things as bad, being one of the 2 countries who's GDP went up during the recent recession, and the rate of advancement after independence has been remarkable, certain better than America's. You can't be judging the whole country based on what some people who haven't been taught etiquette and courtesy.
qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

Rowdyism is not a lifestyle in Delhi 😑 And it works! 😑 My mom usually ignores their stares, but I can't tolerate them looking at my mom, who's married with to kids. I keep looking at them till they realize that I am aware of who they are looking at am look away πŸ˜› And you say it's India as if India is the root of all common social ills. Remember you're Indian too, and India has just as many good things as bad, being one of the 2 countries who's GDP went up during the recent recession, and the rate of advancement after independence has been remarkable, certain better than America's. You can't be judging the whole country based on what some people who haven't been taught etiquette and courtesy.

First all I said some people have that life-sytle.πŸ˜†. I dont know now but delhi was the eve-teasing capital of india..

Regarding the nasty stares... unless you are 6', 300 lb baby khali.. they wont care.. πŸ˜† if you have the physique its really indimidating.. but even a midget girl could scare them with her angry outburst...Its true that how you carry yourself does matter.. my heght and physique had kept pickpockters away.. I have slapped some eveteasers .for staring at my gf..people keep a distance before getting into physical conflict even if I havent hurt a fly as suc.h..and scared as hell of roaches.. i actually run away from them while my gf did the battling part...πŸ˜†

For the rest of your post.. I love india.. whichever state - in whatever state... I have travelled to Delhi, Calcutta, TN, Karnataka, chattisgarh, , gujarat, garhwals and have felt at home wherever I was.... if you travel lengths and breadths of india.. you will know the reason for the pride that one could feel as Indian  not the GDP and nuclear programs or $$ rate...yeah its poverty , lack of education and corrupt systems would nt change how women at large will be treated and teh intimidation they feel while travelling back from US/UK...etc.

.Ignoring is hte best way to handle this.. I would think
According to United States Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States, there were overall 191,670 victims of rape or sexual assault reported in 2005. Only 16% of rapes and sexual assaults are reported to the police (Rape in America: A Report to the Nation. 1992).

1 of 6 U.S. women has experienced an attempted or completed rape. (according to Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault)

Somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

Compared to India with 0.0143187 per 1,000 people .

Both in India and USA, most rape incidents dont get reported (not according to me, but according to both the countries authorities).

So on an average ... things go wild in the West aswell.

Now lets consider Sweden ... things can get wild there aswell.

It all depends where you go, how responsible you are about yourself and how effectively you carry yourself. At the end of the day, when among people with significant number of morally starved humanoids ... one must keep an eye for their own safety ... FOR THEIR OWN SAKE.

By the way ... the summers are still HOT.... LOL ... thats what we were here for 😳
Edited by Ice-Thinker - 13 years ago
just worry about dengue, h1n1 and rest is fine.. baki .. its ok...if you have abcd's you need to avoid giving them only boiled mineral water.. thats the only thing...beyond that its upto you.. khane dhone (haath, muh), nahane  ka sab pani mineral water ho sakta hai.. just get a malpanis tanker hooked up..to the over head tank.πŸ˜† [/QUOTE]

Qwerts, diarrhea and typhoid are my major worries too.  Yes, my kids do nahana dhona with RO water when they were toddlers as they used to gulp water while bathing.  These days, I use RO treated water for rinsing mouth etc and we do just fine.  I don't trust the mineral water sold outside either.  All my relatives have ROs or aqua guard installed so clean water is not a problem no matter which gaon I visitπŸ˜†

I am still amazed that you think being careful about water translates into demanding mineral water.  When did you start trusting the vendors out there?

qwertyesque thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ice-Thinker

According to United States Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States, there were overall 191,670 victims of rape or sexual assault reported in 2005. Only 16% of rapes and sexual assaults are reported to the police (Rape in America: A Report to the Nation. 1992).

1 of 6 U.S. women has experienced an attempted or completed rape. (according to Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault)

Somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

Compared to India with 0.0143187 per 1,000 people .

Both in India and USA, most rape incidents dont get reported (not according to me, but according to both the countries authorities).

So on an average ... things go wild in the West aswell.

Now lets consider Sweden ... things can get wild there aswell.

It all depends where you go, how responsible you are about yourself and how effectively you carry yourself. At the end of the day, when among people with significant number of morally starved humanoids ... one must keep an eye for their own safety ... FOR THEIR OWN SAKE.

By the way ... the summers are still HOT.... LOL ... thats what we were here for 😳

Right.... and yeah we should be discussing hot summers..... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 
Edited by qwertyesque - 13 years ago