Debate Mansion

Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 15

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Arre sholaji... like everything else you also evolve.. refined tastes are typically acquired over a period of time.....so give it a try.. and u will be so happy you did..

LOL
Mine did - over a few decades. You are the one who refuses to try WinkLOL 
Arre baba things have changed a lot since india became independent!!!!!LOL

LOL true lekin "aam" haalaat abhi bhi waise hi hain LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:25pm | IP Logged

Which part of india you are from?

Qwertoo, I am from the same part of India as you and my mother tongue is same as yours. Tongue

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:31pm | IP Logged

If you are born and brought up in india.. you are good.. the problem is only for those who are born in US/UK etc.. and are accustomed to pure water and air.. while their immune system can take a long nap... I was born and brought up there too, but I always had a very delicate system. Every year I would catch one of those nasty malaria, dengue type of fevers, or food poisoning Cry Hence I always had to be careful about what I ate.

I dont take malaria shots while travelling to india.. i eat vada pav.. with ,my eyes closed... cant see what i could be eating.. I do eat street food, but only during my winter trips. In the summer/monsoon, I don't dare. The last time I did, I landed in hospital. Ouch
Sun screen are you kidding.... you can use that if you dont want to look south indian... but not to prevent skin cancer.. or something.....yeah drink water since you can get dehydrated in god forskaen places in Rajasthan Delhi.. where heat is killing....stop showing off yuor NRI delicateness in front of poor friends and relative.. just have fun... I wasn't joking about sensitivity to sun - I had to wear full sleeves and cover my neck and shield my face in peak summer time or else I would get nasty rashes. Ouch

I always go to Chowpatty and have tried evertthing at sharmas... have tried roadside pani pure.. with eyes wide shut..drink water anywhere..I do use one thing from US though the hand sanitizers an carry a whole lot ot floss.. which is not easilly available in inda.. Every indian is made up of iron and bacteria.. immune to everything...Which part of india you are from?

My husband doubts my Indianness - can't bear heat, can't digest teekha khana, and have no resistance to the sun LOLLOL No wonder, I chose to marry someone from a cold country. LOL

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:35pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 5:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Which part of india you are from?

Qwertoo, I am from the same part of India as you and my mother tongue is same as yours. Tongue
aila i feel so proud that a gal with you brains is from my place and speaketh my language....- great... Smile

PS:  sorry for reducing the IQ on my part... LOL

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 5:34pm | IP Logged

If you are born and brought up in india.. you are good.. the problem is only for those who are born in US/UK etc.. and are accustomed to pure water and air.. while their immune system can take a long nap... I was born and brought up there too, but I always had a very delicate system. Every year I would catch one of those nasty malaria, dengue type of fevers, or food poisoning Cry Hence I always had to be careful about what I ate. every year malaria....... mosquitoes love you....yeah you have to be careful.. but even a mosquito bite can cause it not just food...also h1n1.. yeah u can take all the necessary precautions.. i am just saying that people typically go overboard...with this...

I dont take malaria shots while travelling to india.. i eat vada pav.. with ,my eyes closed... cant see what i could be eating.. I do eat street food, but only during my winter trips. In the summer/monsoon, I don't dare. The last time I did, I landed in hospital. Ouch....Oh.. so cant it in dhabas!!! man so bad.. ok go to nirula's then... Smile
Sun screen are you kidding.... you can use that if you dont want to look south indian... but not to prevent skin cancer.. or something.....yeah drink water since you can get dehydrated in god forskaen places in Rajasthan Delhi.. where heat is killing....stop showing off yuor NRI delicateness in front of poor friends and relative.. just have fun... I wasn't joking about sensitivity to sun - I had to wear full sleeves and cover my neck and shield my face in peak summer time or else I would get nasty rashes. Ouch... LOL ok anyway dont have to wear your hijab.. cool... 
I always go to Chowpatty and have tried evertthing at sharmas... have tried roadside pani pure.. with eyes wide shut..drink water anywhere..I do use one thing from US though the hand sanitizers an carry a whole lot ot floss.. which is not easilly available in inda.. Every indian is made up of iron and bacteria.. immune to everything...Which part of india you are from?

My husband doubts my Indianness - can't bear heat, can't digest teekha khana, and have no resistance to the sun LOLLOL No wonder, I chose to marry someone from a cold country. LOL
 LOLLOL... 

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 5:38pm | IP Logged

Arre sholaji... like everything else you also evolve.. refined tastes are typically acquired over a period of time.....so give it a try.. and u will be so happy you did..

LOL
Mine did - over a few decades. You are the one who refuses to try WinkLOL 
Arre baba things have changed a lot since india became independent!!!!!LOL

LOL true lekin "aam" haalaat abhi bhi waise hi hain LOL
that was a good one......LOL

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 6:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Well I was born and brought up in India, so even though I live in the midwest now - Indian weather is not so alien to me. Last time I was in India - I strolled in the sun, ate street side food, drank water wherever - pretty much everything I did growing up. I did not take any special precautions before traveling either.

So either I have the most amazing adaptive evolutionary biological system or the fact is you can take a desi out of India, but you cannot take India out of the desi.

</div>

If you are born and brought up in india.. you are good.. the problem is only for those who are born in US/UK etc.. and are accustomed to pure water and air.. while their immune system can take a long nap...
<div>

I dont take malaria shots while travelling to india.. i eat vada pav.. with ,my eyes closed... cant see what i could be eating..

Sun screen are you kidding.... you can use that if you dont want to look south indian... but not to prevent skin cancer.. or something.....yeah drink water since you can get dehydrated in god forskaen places in Rajasthan Delhi.. where heat is killing....stop showing off yuor NRI delicateness in front of poor friends and relative.. just have fun...

I always go to Chowpatty and have tried evertthing at sharmas... have tried roadside pani pure.. with eyes wide shut..drink water anywhere..I do use one thing from US though the hand sanitizers an carry a whole lot ot floss.. which is not easilly available in inda..Every indian is made up of iron and bacteria.. immune to everything...Which part of india you are from?

Chowpatty beach is amazing! Yet for some reason I prefer Juhu beach despite it being not as clean..it has a very festive mood to it I guess. I heard they've stopped horse rides there now though due to animal cruelty? Ouch and not to forget the fun fair where the rides are probably the most dangerous rides ever, most of them lacking a decent seat belt lol.
I just love street food! They tend to taste a lot better than when sitting in a restaurant ordering food. It's fun telling the guy 'aur teekha bhaisaab' after gobbling down one paani puri after the other. Tongue

any mumbaikars hears of gypsy in shivaji park? It's quite a popular restaurant and you'll often spot directors and celebs eating there..their indo-chinese food is AMAZING! Gurukripa is another one of my favourites..I have never in my life tasted better gajjar ka halwa! <3

Qwertyji talking about bacteria and NRI's and our immune system, anyone else find that Indian milk is totally different to the milk over here (buffalo back home and cow over here) and i'm too used to the milk here so I can't eat the milk over there at all..it makes me feel sick. Ouch

Post Reply New Post

Go to top