Debate Mansion

   

Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 15

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Joined: 03 February 2010

Posts: 2377

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 10:46am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Joined: 23 August 2005

Posts: 2672

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

[
 
Oh ok.... i thought 17 saal key baad!!!???... I think you should try some hapus.. this time..will be a good eye-opener.. Wink
 
I have tried Hapus in India and it didn't do anything for me Wink I have been arguing from experience unlike some others I know WinkLOL.
 
Back to the topic Wink - the reason I didn't go to Delhi in peak Indian summer for 17 years is because my holidays didn't begin until July. This year we start early to accommodate Ramadan! Smile 

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Joined: 23 August 2005

Posts: 2672

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ice-Thinker

Dont forget your Sun-Screen lotions buddy... infact, meri maano to use ALOE VERA plants ... the gel inside really works...
 
By the way ... take frequent showers....

Aur ek baat ... eat more sabzi and less meat.
I am assuming that advice was for me, so thanks Smile
 
I don't forget my sunscreen in cold Scotland LOL I am super-sensitive to the sun! And I happen to be a vegetarian by choice, so I don't have to worry about that.Tongue 

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Joined: 03 December 2006

Posts: 5953

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by qwertyesque

[
 
Oh ok.... i thought 17 saal key baad!!!???... I think you should try some hapus.. this time..will be a good eye-opener.. Wink
 
I have tried Hapus in India and it didn't do anything for me Wink I have been arguing from experience unlike some others I know WinkLOL.
 
Back to the topic Wink - the reason I didn't go to Delhi in peak Indian summer for 17 years is because my holidays didn't begin until July. This year we start early to accommodate Ramadan! Smile 
Arre sholaji... like everything else you also evolve.. refined tastes are typically acquired over a period of time.....so give it a try.. and u will be so happy you did..
 
 
 
LOL

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Joined: 23 August 2005

Posts: 2672

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

 
Arre sholaji... like everything else you also evolve.. refined tastes are typically acquired over a period of time.....so give it a try.. and u will be so happy you did..
 
 
 
LOL
Mine did - over a few decades. You are the one who refuses to try WinkLOL 

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006

Posts: 20237

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Well I was born and brought up in India, so even though I live in the midwest now - Indian weather is not so alien to me. Last time I was in India - I strolled in the sun, ate street side food, drank water wherever - pretty much everything I did growing up. I did not take any special precautions before traveling either.

So either I have the most amazing adaptive evolutionary biological system or the fact is you can take a desi out of India, but you cannot take India out of the desi.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Joined: 03 December 2006

Posts: 5953

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Well I was born and brought up in India, so even though I live in the midwest now - Indian weather is not so alien to me. Last time I was in India - I strolled in the sun, ate street side food, drank water wherever - pretty much everything I did growing up. I did not take any special precautions before traveling either.

So either I have the most amazing adaptive evolutionary biological system or the fact is you can take a desi out of India, but you cannot take India out of the desi.
If you are born and brought up in india.. you are good.. the problem is only for those who are born in US/UK etc.. and are accustomed to pure water and air.. while their immune system can take a long nap...
 
 
I dont take malaria shots while travelling to india.. i eat vada pav.. with ,my eyes closed... cant see what i could be eating..
Sun screen are you kidding.... you can use that if you dont want to look south indian... but not to prevent skin cancer.. or something.....yeah drink water since you can get dehydrated in god forskaen places in Rajasthan Delhi.. where heat is killing....stop showing off yuor NRI delicateness in front of poor friends and relative.. just have fun...
 
I always go to Chowpatty and have tried evertthing at sharmas... have tried roadside pani pure.. with eyes wide shut..drink water anywhere..I do use one thing from US though the hand sanitizers an carry a whole lot ot floss.. which is not easilly available in inda.. Every indian is made up of iron and bacteria.. immune to everything...Which part of india you are from?
 
 


Edited by qwertyesque - 29 May 2010 at 12:13pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Joined: 03 December 2006

Posts: 5953

Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by qwertyesque

 
Arre sholaji... like everything else you also evolve.. refined tastes are typically acquired over a period of time.....so give it a try.. and u will be so happy you did..
 
 
 
LOL
Mine did - over a few decades. You are the one who refuses to try WinkLOL 
Arre baba things have changed a lot since india became independent!!!!!LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Kaho jo kehna hai + share articles / latest News

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 149 150

raj5000 1196 54696 23 July 2010 at 11:05pm
By return_to_hades
HOMOSEXUALITY: Share ur views on it...... Beyond_the_Veil 1 738 16 May 2008 at 11:52am
By raj5000
India is not India...it's America...

2

SmarterDesiKid 10 2253 10 August 2007 at 10:59pm
By UDman
What are your experiences of using Vista? WillSmith456 3 302 04 March 2007 at 11:01pm
By sparwani
india vs not-india

2 3 4 5 6

simi1295 40 4625 11 February 2006 at 2:56pm
By heart girl

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.