Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 14)

SholaJoBhadkey IF-Dazzler
SholaJoBhadkey
SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

I thought it was in Chankyapuri? I was thinking of another place with a similar name. One of our friends owns that, the Sagar Ratna restaurants and Naivedyam. The best SI is usually at their home LOL
Oh, yeah those, me and my friends sometimes went there after school...it wasn't far from our school. But I was talking about proper Indo-Chinese food. It's Mainland China.
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

I thought it was in Chankyapuri? <font color="#ff0000">I was thinking of another place with a similar name. One of our friends owns that, the Sagar Ratna restaurants and Naivedyam. The best SI is usually at their home LOL</font>
Oh, yeah those, me and my friends sometimes went there after school...it wasn't far from our school. But I was talking about proper Indo-Chinese food. It's Mainland China.
Sagar Ratna in Def Col? Which reminds me: Have you had at Colonel Kebabz in Def Col?
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Ganne ka rass - Naam mat lo! I miss this the most, but till it gets 100% hygeinically extracted, i will have to keep missing it. I do have ganna, though! Not quite the same thing, but ...

Ah who cares for the hygienic extraction. There is nothing like a chilled glass of ganne ka rass on a hot Indian summer day. Hmmmm.

I should add kulfi falooda to my previous list too.

Yeah right.. where are these people coming from.. who are harping about hygeine all the time.. except shola.. who is sick little old girl.. Or is it that guys from mumbai are much stronger in constitution !!!???
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 3:20pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by qwertyesque

so how you get bacteria free,  parasite free... water..  .. but yeah you cant trust vendors.. so you cant eat anything or drink anything outside........dont know how practical it is...

If it's deep-fried, it's safe. If it has raw veg/fruit or ice, stay away from it. I can have samosas, kachoris, jalebis, pakodas (bhajiyas to Mumbaikars) aaloo tikkis, but no golgappas, golas etc. Smile

But it aint India experience without golgappas (pani puris) or golas.

A few vadpavs, pani puri , bhel, sev puri. ragda patties.. ... dont want to sound like a menu card.. but yeah.. everything found on the streets of bombay is worth everything...Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 3:29pm | IP Logged

But it aint India experience without golgappas (pani puris) or golas.
I leave that for my winter trip. Tongue The best part about living so close to India - I can make two or three trips every year Big smile

Grr. Angry

I've not been to India for so long though. Ouch

Anyway, to me trips to Bombay are incomplete without

Gola - Kala Khatta flavor
Ganne ka rass
Bhutta
Vada Pav
Frankie
Pani Puri, Bhel Puri, Sev Puri
A nice Udipi meal
and for a touch of class Sizzlers at Yoko.

Well said RTH.....you are the true indian.....in spirit and appetite...LOL but here's to your list..
try pava bhaji at sardars.....all the chat at shivsagars and chowpatti wala sharma's try the biryani in sindhi colony in chembur.....sizzlers at kobe's at Opera house.. dadar  phansikars for any maharashtrian food and delhi darbar colaba for the nice north indian food..

I know veri little from suburbs.. mostly from downtown...
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 3:57pm | IP Logged

Whenever I used to go there, I usually had some momos, and Mizo root beer. Dried meetha paan? Gotta try them. As far as SI food in Delhi is concerned, the best place is <font color="#ff0000">Karnataka Bhawan </font>Big smile and for Indo-Chinese, it's gotta be Mainland China

<font color="#ff0000">The one in Moti Bagh???</font>

<font color="#ff0000">Chinese - nothing beats the vans in Janpath LOLTotal fusion cuisine!!! Actually, the Chinese places here are so good that I rarely have Chinese in India. And in the summers, I eat at home as much as I can! </font>

I thought it was in Chankyapuri?

Chanakyapuri toh diplomatic enclave hai.. do they have restaurants.. in that area? I remember we had to take a ride to kamats...
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 4:08pm | IP Logged

</div>

Whenever I used to go there, I usually had some momos, and Mizo root beer. Dried meetha paan? Gotta try them. As far as SI food in Delhi is concerned, the best place is <font color="#ff0000">Karnataka Bhawan </font>Big smile and for Indo-Chinese, it's gotta be Mainland China

<font color="#ff0000">Chinese - nothing beats the vans in Janpath LOLTotal fusion cuisine!!! Actually, the Chinese places here are so good that I rarely have Chinese in India. And in the summers, I eat at home as much as I can! </font>

LOL Chankyapuri is not all diplomatic.

<div>
Chanakyapuri toh diplomatic enclave hai.. do they have restaurants.. in that area? I remember we had to take a ride to kamats...
LOL
qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 4:15pm | IP Logged

</div>

LOL Chankyapuri is not all diplomatic.

<div>
LOL
LOL ok.. i thought it  was area for all teh consulates in teh world.. so for security reasons you wont have any public acessible businesses in near vicinity...

Go to top