Debate Mansion

Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 15

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Ganne ka rass - Naam mat lo! I miss this the most, but till it gets 100% hygeinically extracted, i will have to keep missing it. I do have ganna, though! Not quite the same thing, but ...

Ah who cares for the hygienic extraction. There is nothing like a chilled glass of ganne ka rass on a hot Indian summer day. Hmmmm.

I should add kulfi falooda to my previous list too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 13)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=debayon]
Yep, I love them with a passion. But over here, they taste Dead Same here Haven't had one in a year and a half. Haldirams makes those jalebis with kesar on them, and they're delish. Big smile Kya yaad dilaya Day Dreaming 
Also, I miss having momos in Dilli Hut Ouch - You mean Dilli Haat where they sell handicrafts???[/QUOTE]

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 2:18pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=debayon]
Yep, I love them with a passion. But over here, they taste Dead <font color="#ff0000">Same here </font>Haven't had one in a year and a half. Haldirams makes those jalebis with kesar on them, and they're delish. Big smile <font color="#ff0000">Kya yaad dilaya Day Dreaming</font>

Also, I miss having momos in Dilli Hut Ouch- <font color="#ff0000">You mean Dilli Haat where they sell handicrafts???</font>[/QUOTE]
Yes, don't you know that there is a stall for each state and their food at the end? I remember the first one's Goa.

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 2:20pm | IP Logged

Ganne ka rass - Naam mat lo! I miss this the most, but till it gets 100% hygeinically extracted, i will have to keep missing it. I do have ganna, though! Not quite the same thing, but ...

Ah who cares for the hygienic extraction. There is nothing like a chilled glass of ganne ka rass on a hot Indian summer day. Hmmmm. I have a very sensitive stomach. The last time I had ganney ka ras in India, I got violently sick, and this was when I was still a bonafide Dilliwali who hadn't left the shores of the motherland. Around 20 years ago Ouch

I should add kulfi falooda to my previous list too. I had the most amazing kulfi falooda in a chaat shop in Southall, London!

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Yes, don't you know that there is a stall for each state and their food at the end? I remember the first one's Goa.

I was just confirming because you had written Dilli Hut. I thought it's some new place LOL I was there in January and had the most awesome daal vada and masala dosa from the Tamil Nadu stall. And I bought loads of chooran, dried meetha pan and chikki from the stalls. The dried meetha paan was amazing. It's made like a normal paan and freeze-dried, so it crumbles but the taste remains the same Big smile

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 2:34pm | IP Logged

I was just confirming because you had written Dilli Hut. I thought it's some new place LOLI was there in January and had the most awesome daal vada and masala dosa from the Tamil Nadu stall. And I bought loads of chooran, dried meetha pan and chikki from the stalls. The dried meetha paan was amazing. It's made like a normal paan and freeze-dried, so it crumbles but the taste remains the same Big smile
Whenever I used to go there, I usually had some momos, and Mizo root beer. Dried meetha paan? Gotta try them. As far as SI food in Delhi is concerned, the best place is Karnataka Bhawan Big smile and for Indo-Chinese, it's gotta be Mainland China

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 2:45pm | IP Logged

Whenever I used to go there, I usually had some momos, and Mizo root beer. Dried meetha paan? Gotta try them. As far as SI food in Delhi is concerned, the best place is Karnataka Bhawan Big smile and for Indo-Chinese, it's gotta be Mainland China

The one in Moti Bagh???
Chinese - nothing beats the vans in Janpath LOL Total fusion cuisine!!! Actually, the Chinese places here are so good that I rarely have Chinese in India. And in the summers, I eat at home as much as I can!

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 2:53pm | IP Logged

Whenever I used to go there, I usually had some momos, and Mizo root beer. Dried meetha paan? Gotta try them. As far as SI food in Delhi is concerned, the best place is <font color="#ff0000">Karnataka Bhawan </font>Big smile and for Indo-Chinese, it's gotta be Mainland China

<font color="#ff0000">The one in Moti Bagh???</font>

<font color="#ff0000">Chinese - nothing beats the vans in Janpath LOLTotal fusion cuisine!!! Actually, the Chinese places here are so good that I rarely have Chinese in India. And in the summers, I eat at home as much as I can! </font>

I thought it was in Chankyapuri?

Oh, yeah those, me and my friends sometimes went there after school...it wasn't far from our school. But I was talking about proper Indo-Chinese food. It's Mainland China.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top