Debate Mansion

Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 15

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Summers in India - NRI experiences - share urs! (Page 11)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 12:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ice-Thinker

According to United States Department of Justice document Criminal Victimization in the United States, there were overall 191,670 victims of rape or sexual assault reported in 2005. Only 16% of rapes and sexual assaults are reported to the police (Rape in America: A Report to the Nation. 1992).

1 of 6 U.S. women has experienced an attempted or completed rape. (according to Colorado Coalition Against Sexual Assault)

Somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

Compared to India with 0.0143187 per 1,000 people .

Both in India and USA, most rape incidents dont get reported (not according to me, but according to both the countries authorities).

So on an average ... things go wild in the West aswell.

Now lets consider Sweden ... things can get wild there aswell.

It all depends where you go, how responsible you are about yourself and how effectively you carry yourself. At the end of the day, when among people with significant number of morally starved humanoids ... one must keep an eye for their own safety ... FOR THEIR OWN SAKE.

By the way ... the summers are still HOT.... LOL ... thats what we were here for Embarrassed

Right.... and yeah we should be discussing hot summers..... LOLLOLLOL 

Edited by qwertyesque - 30 May 2010 at 12:05pm

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 12:52pm | IP Logged

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 1:03pm | IP Logged

not to mention KACCHA AAM KA SHARBAT ... it works wonders...

It's the best thing to drink in hot weather. Come summer here, my stock of mango panna is ready for intake Tongue

Another thing that works wonders is having finely sliced raw onion with mint and lemon juice with your meals. Just make sure to brush vigorously afterwards, or keep a supply of mints handy LOL

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 1:12pm | IP Logged

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by SholaJoBhadkey

<font size="2">
not to mention KACCHA AAM KA SHARBAT ... it works wonders...

</font>

</div>

It's the best thing to drink in hot weather. Come summer here, my stock of mango panna is ready for intake Tongue

Another thing that works wonders is having finely sliced raw onion with mint and lemon juice with your meals. Just make sure to brush vigorously afterwards, or keep a supply of mints handy LOL

<font size="2">Thanks for that tip ... </font>
<div>
<font size="2">One Bengoli friend of mine told me to eatYOGURT AND CHEERA (smashed rice) mixed with banana for breakfast ... it keeps the body refreshed aswell...
</font>

<font size="2">
But I like ur idea with onions ... pretty portable indeed.
</font>
<font size="2">Have you tried ALOE VERA gels???... </font>
Yep, the breakfast is pretty simple, nutritious and tasty at the same time. However, I think you usually mix sabodaana with bananas.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by qwertyesque

just worry about dengue, h1n1 and rest is fine.. baki .. its ok...if you have abcd's you need to avoid giving them only boiled mineral water.. thats the only thing...beyond that its upto you.. khane dhone (haath, muh), nahane  ka sab pani mineral water ho sakta hai.. just get a malpanis tanker hooked up..to the over head tank.LOL

Qwerts, diarrhea and typhoid are my major worries too.  Yes, my kids do nahana dhona with RO water when they were toddlers as they used to gulp water while bathing.  These days, I use RO treated water for rinsing mouth etc and we do just fine.  I don't trust the mineral water sold outside either.  All my relatives have ROs or aqua guard installed so clean water is not a problem no matter which gaon I visitLOL

I am still amazed that you think being careful about water translates into demanding mineral water.  When did you start trusting the vendors out there?

[/QUOTE]

so how you get bacteria free,  parasite free... water..  .. but yeah you cant trust vendors.. so you cant eat anything or drink anything outside........dont know how practical it is...

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 30 May 2010 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

so how you get bacteria free,  parasite free... water..  .. but yeah you cant trust vendors.. so you cant eat anything or drink anything outside........dont know how practical it is...

If it's deep-fried, it's safe. If it has raw veg/fruit or ice, stay away from it. I can have samosas, kachoris, jalebis, pakodas (bhajiyas to Mumbaikars) aaloo tikkis, but no golgappas, golas etc. Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top