Media laughs at Katrina (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 15

Mrs-KaranKundra

IF-Sizzlerz

Mrs-KaranKundra

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
media is silly

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Media laughs at Katrina (Page 7)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hinhin

Groupbie

hinhin

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
The media makes up anything. But i guess she does need to improve in her accent.

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
I don't think anyone's saying she hasn't IMPROVED from when she first came into the industry in 2003 or whatever .. she just hasn't become .. really good. She's most definately IMPROVED from her first movie.

Anyways I don't think it should be that hard to pick up a language when you live in a country here majority of the people she works with speak hindi.

I don't think it was nice of the media to laugh at Katrina though, thats just plain mean.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel39Debo_Afghankawal_tak

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Crystal-

It takes for us only 2 sec to come here and criticize someone for their accent and that they cant speak hindi fluently....

Before criticizing someone for their accent and making of the person because she cant talk a language fluently we should look at us self first and then make fun of others....

It is completly easy for us Indians who lives in the USA or in the UK to make fun of others accent because we can speak fluent english BUT speaking fluent english is not so tuff the language is an international language and everyone can learn it easily but the real challenge is to learn to speak languages which we completly do not have any experience of or languages which we dont know anything about like for example chinese, hindi, parsi, french, arabic etc.... learning these languages is not easy but very tuff getting the right accent is not easy which we think it is just because its our mother tongue or because we have learned the language since we was a kid....

my mother tongue is Farsi/Parsi.. I have watched Indian movies from i was very small so i completly understand the language and I can speak it too but I CANT SPEAK IT FLUENT AT ALL.. and so cant other Afghans its something else to just could say hello how are u, thank u, or could say filmi hindi dialogues etc... in hindi and its something else to could speak fluent hindi with the right accent....

same goes for Katrina she has not speaked the language from she was a kid, she didnt see any indian movies in her childhood so how can u expect that she should speak fluent hindi... she learned hindi in India and she can speak hindi now but she cant speak it fluent she is working very hard and soon she will speak fluent hindi i am sure...

Its easy to make fun of others and say oh its a shame they cant speak fluent hindi when they have been in India for 7 years but if its so then is it not a shame that all Indians CANT write hindi like almost everyone from the youth who is Indien and who lives abroad CANT write hindi now is that not more shameful? also we have indians abroad who cant speak hindi so its easy to make fun of others but actually when we self learns a completly new language then we see how hard it is because it takes time to speak a language fluently...

Katrina's hindi has become better and better with every movie.... and now with Raajneeti she shocked so many with her hindi she has improved a lot and soon she will speak fluent hindi too...

Also get the facts right Katrina has NOT said her role is inspired by Sonia Gandhi haha thats what she has been saying in so many interviews but some here says that she has said its been inspired by sonia gandhi which she completly havent saidLOL also she havent said that her role is inspired by Priyanka Gandhi she said she has studied Priyanka Gandhi's body language and now thats something completly elseTongue

sweeite, although my passport may say asian but i really ddi not have any exposure to hindi until i visitied when i was 16..my parents spoke no hindi w/ me whatsoever..im not someone extrordinary nor does my career depend on it..but i just picked it up w/in 3months..and to this day i speak and write hindi just as fluently as a common native...

key words here being, my career did not depend on me speaking hindi and still I am speaking it with a good command... its just sad that she has been here for about 7 years or so and still its like this.. not a big change is required and granted she is trying..but damn, 7 years and this is the result?
and again what the media did wasn't right, i dont' support that

im not sure about the rest of us here but i know for sure in the states another foreign language is required...it took me 3yrs and i know how to speak and write spanish in a correct manner..and that i may say has def. no links to me whatsoever..

learning a new language shouldnt be a diering task that takes one 7 years... and i could care less about the accent..thats not what matters but rather thats its taken her so long to even familiarize with common words and phrases

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Debo_Afghangossipgurlsprincessunara-PoisonIvy-

lovanika

IF-Rockerz

lovanika

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigrl05

It takes for us only 2 sec to come here and criticize someone for their accent and that they cant speak hindi fluently....

Before criticizing someone for their accent and making of the person because she cant talk a language fluently we should look at us self first and then make fun of others....

It is completly easy for us Indians who lives in the USA or in the UK to make fun of others accent because we can speak fluent english BUT speaking fluent english is not so tuff the language is an international language and everyone can learn it easily but the real challenge is to learn to speak languages which we completly do not have any experience of or languages which we dont know anything about like for example chinese, hindi, parsi, french, arabic etc.... learning these languages is not easy but very tuff getting the right accent is not easy which we think it is just because its our mother tongue or because we have learned the language since we was a kid....

my mother tongue is Farsi/Parsi.. I have watched Indian movies from i was very small so i completly understand the language and I can speak it too but I CANT SPEAK IT FLUENT AT ALL.. and so cant other Afghans its something else to just could say hello how are u, thank u, or could say filmi hindi dialogues etc... in hindi and its something else to could speak fluent hindi with the right accent....

same goes for Katrina she has not speaked the language from she was a kid, she didnt see any indian movies in her childhood so how can u expect that she should speak fluent hindi... she learned hindi in India and she can speak hindi now but she cant speak it fluent she is working very hard and soon she will speak fluent hindi i am sure...

Its easy to make fun of others and say oh its a shame they cant speak fluent hindi when they have been in India for 7 years but if its so then is it not a shame that all Indians CANT write hindi like almost everyone from the youth who is Indien and who lives abroad CANT write hindi now is that not more shameful? also we have indians abroad who cant speak hindi so its easy to make fun of others but actually when we self learns a completly new language then we see how hard it is because it takes time to speak a language fluently...

Katrina's hindi has become better and better with every movie.... and now with Raajneeti she shocked so many with her hindi she has improved a lot and soon she will speak fluent hindi too...

Also get the facts right Katrina has NOT said her role is inspired by Sonia Gandhi haha thats what she has been saying in so many interviews but some here says that she has said its been inspired by sonia gandhi which she completly havent saidLOL also she havent said that her role is inspired by Priyanka Gandhi she said she has studied Priyanka Gandhi's body language and now thats something completly elseTongue

sweeite, although my passport may say asian but i really ddi not have any exposure to hindi until i visitied when i was 16..my parents spoke no hindi w/ me whatsoever..im not someone extrordinary nor does my career depend on it..but i just picked it up w/in 3months..and to this day i speak and write hindi just as fluently as a common native...

key words here being, my career did not depend on me speaking hindi and still I am speaking it with a good command... its just sad that she has been here for about 7 years or so and still its like this.. not a big change is required and granted she is trying..but damn, 7 years and this is the result?
and again what the media did wasn't right, i dont' support that

im not sure about the rest of us here but i know for sure in the states another foreign language is required...it took me 3yrs and i know how to speak and write spanish in a correct manner..and that i may say has def. no links to me whatsoever..

learning a new language shouldnt be a diering task that takes one 7 years... and i could care less about the accent..thats not what matters but rather thats its taken her so long to even familiarize with common words and phrases

You opened up a totally new direction to this...now that I am thinking you are correct leave the accent but the common terms and slangs should be there after 10 yrs (she started modelling in India when she as 14 and Boom happened afetr 3 yrs).

Still when I hear her she is similar to "Mein Uloo ki pathi hoon" by Barbara Mori....that is somehing to think about for sure for KAtrina....Wink

Languages are so beautiful..I know Thai and Spanish, Hindi....I would like to learn more..Italian as my close friend is one....

PuffinHypercity

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-iktaara-ladygaga

lovanika

IF-Rockerz

lovanika

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:00pm | IP Logged

^You simply cant stop saying false things about her I thinkLOLLOL read the things about her first then say something she did NOT live in India when she was 14 BUT she came to India when she was around 17 years....

I just read it on internet before I wrote it....I am in research and do research before I write anything....maybe the sources on the internet are confused...about her coming to INdia liek her nationality.....LOL

She was offered an ad at the age 14 and she moved here from some Asian country.....Three years after this she was offered Boom. Now I don't know her personally so I am going by what is written on one of the sites.....

So according to you she modelled outside India? 

PuffinHypercity

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga

Post Reply New Post

Go to top