Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: desigrl05

sweeite, although my passport may say asian but i really ddi not have any exposure to hindi until i visitied when i was 16..my parents spoke no hindi w/ me whatsoever..im not someone extrordinary nor does my career depend on it..but i just picked it up w/in 3months..and to this day i speak and write hindi just as fluently as a common native...

key words here being, my career did not depend on me speaking hindi and still I am speaking it with a good command... its just sad that she has been here for about 7 years or so and still its like this.. not a big change is required and granted she is trying..but damn, 7 years and this is the result?
and again what the media did wasn't right, i dont' support that

im not sure about the rest of us here but i know for sure in the states another foreign language is required...it took me 3yrs and i know how to speak and write spanish in a correct manner..and that i may say has def. no links to me whatsoever..

learning a new language shouldnt be a diering task that takes one 7 years... and i could care less about the accent..thats not what matters but rather thats its taken her so long to even familiarize with common words and phrases

You opened up a totally new direction to this...now that I am thinking you are correct leave the accent but the common terms and slangs should be there after 10 yrs (she started modelling in India when she as 14 and Boom happened afetr 3 yrs).

Still when I hear her she is similar to "Mein Uloo ki pathi hoon" by Barbara Mori....that is somehing to think about for sure for KAtrina....πŸ˜‰

Languages are so beautiful..I know Thai and Spanish, Hindi....I would like to learn more..Italian as my close friend is one....
^You simply cant stop saying false things about her I thinkπŸ˜†πŸ˜† read the things about her first then say something she did NOT live in India when she was 14 BUT she came to India when she was around 17 years....
Edited by -Crystal- - 13 years ago
lovanika thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Crystal-

^You simply cant stop saying false things about her I thinkπŸ˜†πŸ˜† read the things about her first then say something she did NOT live in India when she was 14 BUT she came to India when she was around 17 years....

I just read it on internet before I wrote it....I am in research and do research before I write anything....maybe the sources on the internet are confused...about her coming to INdia liek her nationality.....πŸ˜†

She was offered an ad at the age 14 and she moved here from some Asian country.....Three years after this she was offered Boom. Now I don't know her personally so I am going by what is written on one of the sites.....

So according to you she modelled outside India? 

Originally posted by: lovanika

I just read it on internet before I wrote it....I am in research and do research before I write anything....maybe the sources on the internet are confused...about her coming to INdia liek her nationality.....πŸ˜†

She was offered an ad at the age 14 and she moved here from some Asian country.....Three years after this she was offered Boom. Now I don't know her personally so I am going by what is written on one of the sites.....

"Yeah you do research before writing anything all you say is facts"πŸ˜ƒ 

but since u do then also look if the source is true or not lol..... she was a model from the age of 14 in London and then when she was 17 she got  a movie offer and she did come to India then...

also this topic is not about her being a model etc.. so we should stop going off topic.
lovanika thumbnail

Originally posted by: lovanika

Yup we should get back to the topic....

So is Katrina playing an english woman living in India in the movie? or is she Indian living in INdia?
^See the promos u will find out then and read the synopsis of the movie etc.. that would definitely help u....
Who cares. Katrina has been laughing her way to the bank for the last seven years and she has all her male fans wrapped around her pinkie. The girl is a box office goldmine, I doubt if she even cares about hindi or speaking it right when she's got away with for the last 7 years. So the joke's on the media. πŸ˜†
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^ Ditto! I can't decipher the craze behind Katrina but she sure is a goldmine at boxoffice! Every singe movie of hers is a box office success whether she is a glamour quotient or speaking tooti-phooti hindi...I guess no other hindi film heroine has taste success like hers....
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
How many actors actually speak Hindi during interviews...very few! Akki is probably the only one I can think of and Big B, but most actors when speaking to the media speak in English! I mean SRK, Abhi, Ash, PC, KJo, everyone! Give her a break! But honestly her Hindi is getting better!
sunshinee. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'm not even indian and i can understand the language. So why can't she?
Edited by reyanka - 13 years ago