Posted: 13 years ago
She grew up speaking English. I dont think its easy to learn a language in 5 or so years.
If u grew up speaking Hindi or some other language, then can u pick up British or American accent in 5 or 7 years???
You cannot leave ur accent at home.
Therefore, stop harrassing this girl, media.
She is trying.
Edited by Calvin_Klein - 13 years ago
Tom Alter Early life and education
A native of Mussoorie of Uttarakhand state in India,[3] Tom Alter is the son of American missionaries and has lived for years between the metropolis of Mumbai and the Himalayan hill station of Landour. His father was born in Sialkot. His elder sister Martha is a PhD in Sanskrit and brother John, a poet and a teacher [1].

As a child, he studied Hindi and Urdu and, as a result, has occasionally been referred to as the "Blue-eyed saheb with the impeccable Hindi."

He studied at Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Pune, 1972 batch, where Naseeruddin Shah and Benjamin Gilani were his classmates [1].

How can Katrina be compared to Tom Alter. Tom Alter has spent most of his life growing up in India so obviously his Hindi is better.
Katrina has been in India for how long?? 7 years. Rest of her growing up years she has spent elsewhere. So how can she lose her accent so fast. Sonia gandhi has been in India for more than 40 years and her hindi still has an accent.

Originally posted by maddy1973

A native of Mussoorie of Uttarakhand state in India,[3] Tom Alter is the son of American missionaries and has lived for years between the metropolis of Mumbai and the Himalayan hill station of Landour. His father was born in Sialkot. His elder sister Martha is a PhD in Sanskrit and brother John, a poet and a teacher [1].

As a child, he studied Hindi and Urdu and, as a result, has occasionally been referred to as the "Blue-eyed saheb with the impeccable Hindi."

He studied at Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) Pune, 1972 batch, where Naseeruddin Shah and Benjamin Gilani were his classmates [1].

How can Katrina be compared to Tom Alter. Tom Alter has spent most of his life growing up in India so obviously his Hindi is better.
Katrina has been in India for how long?? 7 years. Rest of her growing up years she has spent elsewhere. So how can she lose her accent so fast. Sonia gandhi has been in India for more than 40 years and her hindi still has an accent.

WOW..no wonder he is so fluent....I can not think about Sanskrit...I only took that subject to improve on my grades...
Originally posted by maddy1973

thats true.

However the point here is the movie is being promoted solely on Katrina and Ranbir's chemistry and her speaking in shudh hindi. its not like they have been forced to do that?

No one in the media forced her to speak in hindi, she did in her own peril for the promotion.

And when she got it wrong media have laughed at her.

In my opinion this is a 'no-story' but wont be surprised if all this is a part of the movie's promotion to get people talking.
Edited by pragya0 - 13 years ago

Soo what if she still has an accent! Shes pickin up on it and improving which shows her dignified talent. People need to learn just like us Celebrities have flaws too and Katrinas is her accent!

The movies not out yet so need to judge her yet! Feel free to do so when the movies out!

^^who said that the media told her to speak fluent hindi LMAO her role did require so and no one has said the media told her to speak fluent hindi lol

the movie is not a rom com if thats what u trying to say lol read the tagline it says politics and beyond the movie is NOT only about politics but also much more things like love etc....

Just because there is two promos out in one which ranbir and katrina is showing like a couple and in the other they shown like they arent together it do not mean the movie is not about politics... its for the first time that 2 promos are out from the movie which is showing ranbir and katrina relaitonship... the other promos showed ONLY the politic side of the movie so plz get the facts right the movie has not only showed the romantic side of the movie... but many more sides of the movie too....
Edited by -Crystal- - 13 years ago
I dont think the movie is solely promoted on Kat's Hindi and Kat Ran Physics and Chemistry. Only the recent promos have started showing there Physics and Chemistry and Kat's hindi speech.

All the intial promos was highlighted on the politics and everything related to it and all the characters. Media just wants something to talk and pick on. So right now its abt Kat's hindi and tomo it will be something else.

Prakash Jha has done a good job on the promos by releasing bit and pieces of the movie and diff dimensions in the movie.
Originally posted by -Crystal-

It takes for us only 2 sec to come here and criticize someone for their accent and that they cant speak hindi fluently....

Before criticizing someone for their accent and making of the person because she cant talk a language fluently we should look at us self first and then make fun of others....

It is completly easy for us Indians who lives in the USA or in the UK to make fun of others accent because we can speak fluent english BUT speaking fluent english is not so tuff the language is an international language and everyone can learn it easily but the real challenge is to learn to speak languages which we completly do not have any experience of or languages which we dont know anything about like for example chinese, hindi, parsi, french, arabic etc.... learning these languages is not easy but very tuff getting the right accent is not easy which we think it is just because its our mother tongue or because we have learned the language since we was a kid....

my mother tongue is Farsi/Parsi.. I have watched Indian movies from i was very small so i completly understand the language and I can speak it too but I CANT SPEAK IT FLUENT AT ALL.. and so cant other Afghans its something else to just could say hello how are u, thank u, or could say filmi hindi dialogues etc... in hindi and its something else to could speak fluent hindi with the right accent....

same goes for Katrina she has not speaked the language from she was a kid, she didnt see any indian movies in her childhood so how can u expect that she should speak fluent hindi... she learned hindi in India and she can speak hindi now but she cant speak it fluent she is working very hard and soon she will speak fluent hindi i am sure...

Its easy to make fun of others and say oh its a shame they cant speak fluent hindi when they have been in India for 7 years but if its so then is it not a shame that all Indians CANT write hindi like almost everyone from the youth who is Indien and who lives abroad CANT write hindi now is that not more shameful? also we have indians abroad who cant speak hindi so its easy to make fun of others but actually when we self learns a completly new language then we see how hard it is because it takes time to speak a language fluently...

Katrina's hindi has become better and better with every movie.... and now with Raajneeti she shocked so many with her hindi she has improved a lot and soon she will speak fluent hindi too...

Also get the facts right Katrina has NOT said her role is inspired by Sonia Gandhi haha thats what she has been saying in so many interviews but some here says that she has said its been inspired by sonia gandhi which she completly havent said😆 also she havent said that her role is inspired by Priyanka Gandhi she said she has studied Priyanka Gandhi's body language and now thats something completly else😛
the media are being mean to katrina RIGHT ON katrina diss the media they always make fun of her she is learning its not her fault if she still has a accent i have seen the video which she speaks hindi in rajneeti she did really well i liked it
Originally posted by -Crystal-

It takes for us only 2 sec to come here and criticize someone for their accent and that they cant speak hindi fluently....

Before criticizing someone for their accent and making of the person because she cant talk a language fluently we should look at us self first and then make fun of others....

It is completly easy for us Indians who lives in the USA or in the UK to make fun of others accent because we can speak fluent english BUT speaking fluent english is not so tuff the language is an international language and everyone can learn it easily but the real challenge is to learn to speak languages which we completly do not have any experience of or languages which we dont know anything about like for example chinese, hindi, parsi, french, arabic etc.... learning these languages is not easy but very tuff getting the right accent is not easy which we think it is just because its our mother tongue or because we have learned the language since we was a kid....

my mother tongue is Farsi/Parsi.. I have watched Indian movies from i was very small so i completly understand the language and I can speak it too but I CANT SPEAK IT FLUENT AT ALL.. and so cant other Afghans its something else to just could say hello how are u, thank u, or could say filmi hindi dialogues etc... in hindi and its something else to could speak fluent hindi with the right accent....

same goes for Katrina she has not speaked the language from she was a kid, she didnt see any indian movies in her childhood so how can u expect that she should speak fluent hindi... she learned hindi in India and she can speak hindi now but she cant speak it fluent she is working very hard and soon she will speak fluent hindi i am sure...

Its easy to make fun of others and say oh its a shame they cant speak fluent hindi when they have been in India for 7 years but if its so then is it not a shame that all Indians CANT write hindi like almost everyone from the youth who is Indien and who lives abroad CANT write hindi now is that not more shameful? also we have indians abroad who cant speak hindi so its easy to make fun of others but actually when we self learns a completly new language then we see how hard it is because it takes time to speak a language fluently...

Katrina's hindi has become better and better with every movie.... and now with Raajneeti she shocked so many with her hindi she has improved a lot and soon she will speak fluent hindi too...

Also get the facts right Katrina has NOT said her role is inspired by Sonia Gandhi haha thats what she has been saying in so many interviews but some here says that she has said its been inspired by sonia gandhi which she completly havent said😆 also she havent said that her role is inspired by Priyanka Gandhi she said she has studied Priyanka Gandhi's body language and now thats something completly else😛
okkk i dun buy any of ur points i was born in sydney yet i can speak fluent hindi, they are people who learn french and are almost fluent at it, katrina has an indian background, lives in india yet she is not fluent! she is just pampered because she is salman's girl friend! she shud take hindi clasess! and the people who cn't speak a language fluently do not try and make it big in the industry where that language is a must!! she cannot speak hindi properly and is definately not apt for these sort of roles and that is the bottom line! for her sake i hope she does well in rajneet but i am not getting the feel from the promos it seems like an english woman is talking in hindi! however that is not the character!