Debate Mansion

Children of Beslan

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 10 May 2010 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
We have discussed quite a bit about terrorism in USA and in India. Recent debates about Kasab and 26/11, reminded me of another horrifying tragedy of terror that took place in 2004. I thought I would post it in Kaho Jo Kehna hain, but then I figured - this deserves more attention. Here is a documentary on the children who survived the Beslan school hostage crisis.

What do we discuss? Honestly, I do not know. I am not too familiar with the history of Russia and Chechnya. Maybe we can learn about their part of the world. For me what strikes out is the horrifying face of terror no matter what part of the world. Even more sickening that some people think it is ok to harm innocent children as means to their end. No cause is worth harming innocent children.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Children of Beslan" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 10 May 2010 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 11 May 2010 at 4:17am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 13 May 2010 at 9:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

We have discussed quite a bit about terrorism in USA and in India. Recent debates about Kasab and 26/11, reminded me of another horrifying tragedy of terror that took place in 2004. I thought I would post it in Kaho Jo Kehna hain, but then I figured - this deserves more attention. Here is a documentary on the children who survived the Beslan school hostage crisis.

What do we discuss? Honestly, I do not know. I am not too familiar with the history of Russia and Chechnya. Maybe we can learn about their part of the world. For me what strikes out is the horrifying face of terror no matter what part of the world. Even more sickening that some people think it is ok to harm innocent children as means to their end. No cause is worth harming innocent children.
Communists generally never give in to threats and hostage demands. They are basically like army personell who think that enemies should be killed at all cost and losing some of their own men or people is of no consequence. Russia still has that mentality and often they themselves too will go all out to kill those that oppose. I am sure China is no different but it is slowly changing.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top