Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

aisha.sara

aisha.sara

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 10:55pm | IP Logged
When modelling came calling

Abhinav Shukla

A page from the personal diary of Abhinav Shukla

I was a good student in school and college. I was particularly good at science, my favourite subject. My dad had inspired me to become a scientist. So I opted for a non-medical career like engineering and bio-metrics.

I took up electronics and communications. I was all set to becoming a scientist and go on to pursue a PHD in the same. I was a good student and I had set my goals. I had planned to finish my graduation and then probably go to the US and involve myself in developing prosthetic devices like artificial limbs.

It was during my pre-finals when I got a chance for Gladrags. I went for the selection and I spent about a fortnight there. It was this time when I realized that the whole experience was different from what I had been living for the past 21 years. It was a different experience when I was on stage and there were cameras on me, there was professional choreography and instructors telling us at each step what to do. I realised it was a completely different lifestyle altogether.

When I came back, my friends had different opinions, but I wanted to pursue my engineering too. But somewhere I had started thinking about my Gladrags experience. I completed my engineering. But I guess the motivation level was almost 60 per cent. I somehow felt I had it in me to pursue modelling and acting.

I moved to Mumbai and things began happening for me. I am glad I thought that way or else I would have been sitting somewhere in the US making prosthetic devices, but now I am in suburban Mumbai doing daily shows and soaps.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

stephhh

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "When modelling came calling -Abhinav Shukla" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

luv07prida

IF-Rockerz

luv07prida

Posted: 10 May 2010 at 12:24am | IP Logged
thnx 4 sharing

stephhh

IF-Rockerz

stephhh

Posted: 10 May 2010 at 1:23am | IP Logged
excellent.....he is soo talented both education-wise and acting-wise....quite rare to have both....bravo...kudos to Abhinav

HE ROCKS

and wish him all the success

Post Reply New Post

Go to top