Page 2 Page 2

cdesai12

Goldie

cdesai12

Posted: 28 November 2005 at 10:06am | IP Logged
What? No bikes in Dhoom 2! WWW.MID-DAY.COM
By: Upala KBR
November 28, 2005
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

Can you imagine Dhoom 2 without bikes? We couldn't, till we heard that the sequel of the film will not have biker action. Well, at least the hot wheels won't be the main attraction of the film.

The sequel stars Hrithik Roshan, Bipasha Basu, Aishwarya Rai, Uday Chopra and Abhishek Bachchan. John Abraham, the main biker in the original, will not be appearing in Part 2.

Guns or women?

Pritam
We asked director Sanjay Gadhvi about the missing bikes, but he chose to be tight-lipped on the subject, "No comments. You will have to wait and watch," was his refrain. Uday Chopra, too, sidestepped the question with, "It's too early to talk about it. I can't comment about it at the moment."

An inside source in Yash Raj Films revealed, "The highlight in the film could be any guy thing from guns to women." While Gadhvi added mysteriously, "Wait. You just might be surprised."

Bigger than bikes

However, our story was confirmed by an unlikely source the film's music director, Pritam, who has already composed two songs for Dhoom 2. We asked him if he was disappointed that bikes weren't the main attraction this time.

"No, I am not disappointed. I don't know the script too well, but I don't think bikes are the main attraction this time. Dhoom 2 will have something much bigger than bikes. Even in Hollywood films like Speed, they don't repeat things in the sequel; the format is never the same.

Speed 2 had something different from Speed. Dhoom 2 again has three very macho guys Abhishek, Hrithik and Uday. So, for Dhoom 2, they will get something more macho and larger-than-life than bikes. In any case, Uday (Ali) and Abhishek's characters are already established, so if there is no bike, it won't matter."

Pritam adds that, "though the energy of Dhoom will be carried into Dhoom2, the music will be different. I like to hear the story and situation before composing the music."

This year, Pritam's releases included Chocolate, Garam Masala and Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena.

Apart from Dhoom 2, his forthcoming releases are Sohail Khan's Fight Club, Vikram Bhatt's Ankahee, Anuraag Basu's Gangster and Sachin Bajaj's next film.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What? No bikes in Dhoom 2!" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

deepti4u

Goldie

deepti4u

Posted: 28 November 2005 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
ok dats strange its bad enuf dat john is not in it but no bikes hmmmmm?????????

meghavi

IF-Veteran Member

meghavi

Posted: 28 November 2005 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
hummm..I read SOMETHING LIKE this before, but thx for posting, anyways.

jasmin

IF-Rockerz

jasmin

Posted: 28 November 2005 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
everyone should have figured that John was dead after flying off a cliff, and maybe they are using cars? I've heard that rumour! LOL LOL

cdesai12

Goldie

cdesai12

Posted: 28 November 2005 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jasmin

everyone should have figured that John was dead after flying off a cliff, and maybe they are using cars? I've heard that rumour! LOL LOL

LOL

goody2shoes

Goldie

goody2shoes

Posted: 01 December 2005 at 11:57am | IP Logged
hi

yeh maybe the character hrithic plays is a guy who is inspired by kabir ( john) who was the previous chor!!
Wink

Xplicit_Desii

IF-Stunnerz

Xplicit_Desii

Posted: 01 December 2005 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
thanks

simrat91

IF-Dazzler

simrat91

Posted: 01 December 2005 at 7:39pm | IP Logged
i hope they have bikez!!! thankz 4 da article!! Big smile Big smile

Post Reply New Post