Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

Khushboo_AN

IF-Sizzlerz

Khushboo_AN

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 5:20am | IP Logged

Hello everyone!!! Hug

I'm new in the Geet Forum, and after watching all of this week's episodes in one marathon run this afternoon, I couldn't stop myself from making this post.

Okay, so getting right to the point...

After watching these few episodes, the thing that struck me was that Geet was being forced to take off her mangalsutra and rub off her sindoor just to protect her family's honour. And she refuses to do so even after being almost assaulted by Vrij for it. Ouch

Firstly, I have a question in mind. Are these materialistic things the true signs of "suhaag" as she put it? Whether she wears them or not, it doesn't change the fact that she is married. And she IS married to a cheat...who not only cheated her by making a false show of a wedding but even cheated his first wife by sleeping with Geet. A true devil, in my eyes Angry...and I'm sure all of you agree with me.

Now...coming to a different issue, and the main point of my post, I'm going to talk about Geet's family. And frankly, their reaction to finding out the truth was...well, as narrow minded as can be. Angry

Is family's honour more important than a girl's life? Confused

The question itself sounds so absurd. But the truth is that these things happen in real life. And that's what's being shown in this soap. She was used, cheated upon, and left all alone, helpless, worried, and confused. By her so-called husband.

The gravity of the situation is so overwhelming, that I'm finding it hard to write.

She is so innocent, that despite all this, she chose to ignore the blatant truth staring her in the face. She refuses to believe that Dev left her. And her family, instead of putting it subtly, is screaming at her, locking her up, abusing her and forcing her to forget about it.

Forget about the most important part of her life? Wah. Now isn't that ironic. It was her grandfather himself who reposed his trust in the groom's family in spite of the many suspicious incidences. And now, the same person is asking her to forget all about it. Ouch

When I said that her marriage was the "most important part of her life", I never meant it from the stereotyped viewpoint of a girl always dreaming about her Prince Charming. No. I meant it in a different way altogether. Her marriage, or the falsity of it, has obviously become a turning point in her life. From where I'm seeing it, it will ultimately lead to her transformation from a helpless lamb to a strong woman who can stand up for herself. Approve

Asking her to forget about it will never help. What has happened has happened, and no amount of coaxing, cajoling, or abusing can change it. As they say, "Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned."

I wait for the day Geet will realise that Dev used her. I want her to rebel, against her husband, against society, against her family members who forced her to marry when she didn't want to do so...and in the process, changed her life forever.

Her family, instead of supporting her in finding her husband, and getting justice, is asking her to forget it all. When family honour and pride becomes more important than life itself, it is time for a reality check. They need to support her.

And I wonder, what they would have done had Geet been a boy and not a girl. I don't think I need to point out how the family's attitude towards the girl child is. Girls, for them, are worse than animals. And for Vrij, I guess he would be happy to get rid of them as soon as possible, since in his eyes, girls are no more than unnecessary baggage. Humph. Ouch Ouch Ouch

Being a girl myself, I may be feeling a lot more for Geet in this situation than I normally should, but seriously...just think about it once. Had this happened in real life, what would your reaction have been?

She has a right to live her own life.

Geet is not only being denied the right to justice, she is not even being given the mere respect she deserves as a human. Not by Vrij Angry, not by her family (some are an exception), and definitely not by her husband.Angry Angry Angry

He deserted her, left her helpless, utterly confused. But the thing which I despise the most about Dev is that he made her trust him. This blind trust in him is preventing her from seeing the truth.

If he ever comes back, I hope he gets his due. Not from Geet's family or someone else, but from Geet herself as a wife who has every right to ask for justice from a husband who left her in such a state. Approve

In the end, I still have an unanswered question...exactly how far would you go for family honour? How important is it? More so than one's life? Ouch

Excuse me for being repetitive.

Please don't bring in the couples here, as I'm not interested in them. This post is about Geet. I hope it remains like that.

And for troublemakers, please refrain from driving me up the wall.

Love,

Khushboo. Embarrassed

[Also...I never realised that I had rambled so much...so sorry to eat up your head like this Embarrassed]

Edited by Khushboo_AN - 08 May 2010 at 5:22am

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

LiViYaalidanish2003.bohemian.Somya_2200koolaries4Dangelz-sumaiya-sweet_chillyblack_hazebeintehaa.SofnaChandani_CSunShine_A

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Geet-How important is HONOUR?" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Khushboo_AN

IF-Sizzlerz

Khushboo_AN

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 7:34am | IP Logged
I would appreciate it if you guys replied...am new here...I'd like to know your views!

stephhh

IF-Rockerz

stephhh

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
wow....long post but still nice though I had few troubles reading few words but all and all I love your views and thoughts that you have stated here

and I was sadden to see her getting forced to forget all the things; besides Dev, her family is equally responsible for her misery n pain. They should be hold responsible too as well as Dev. I hate how they treat her...never supports her not even the ladies of the family.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Khushboo_AN

stephhh

IF-Rockerz

stephhh

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
how is Brij so hyper angry all the time....maje maje mone hoy brij geet ki beya korte cheya chilo n shey jonno geet ke unno cheler shate dekte pare na

whats wrong with him?? felt sad for the poor geet....drashti is rocking and is very talented yaar

stephhh

IF-Rockerz

stephhh

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Khushi amake ekta jinish bolo to...D&G ir biye te fake kebabe holo?? tara to 7 rounds, mangal shutra ar shidoor porece to beya kebabe mitta hoy??? bojlam na

Khushboo_AN

Khushboo_AN

IF-Sizzlerz

Khushboo_AN

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by stephhh

how is Brij so hyper angry all the time....maje maje mone hoy brij geet ki beya korte cheya chilo n shey jonno geet ke unno cheler shate dekte pare na

whats wrong with him?? felt sad for the poor geet....drashti is rocking and is very talented yaar

Shocked ROFLROFLROFL

OMG...he's her some sort of uncle yaar!!!! LOL LOL LOL

I dunno about Brij...stupid guy...I just want to kick his Censored and frankly I can't tolerate his behaviour!!!

Thanks for replying!!!

stephhh

IF-Rockerz

stephhh

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
no yaar brij is her cousin....her dad's bro's son...so I do have a valid point here

Khushboo_AN

Khushboo_AN

IF-Sizzlerz

Khushboo_AN

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Yeah you do...but it's so gross!!! Ehh I had biryani for dinner...I'd rather it stay in my stomach!!! Yuck...Geet and Brij!!! *puke*

Post Reply New Post

Go to top