Posted: 13 years ago
'3 Idiots' Leads IIFA Nomination List

Aamir Khan starrer, blockbuster 3 Idiots leads the nomination list in the popular category of 11th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards which will be held in Sri Lanka from June 3-5.

3 Idiots leads the pack with 14 nominations, including two nominations each in the best male playback singing and best supporting actor category.

The Rajkumar Hirani directed movie is followed by Saif Ali Khan's home production Love Aaj Kal which has received nine nominations while Amitabh Bachchch-Abhishek starrer Paa has bagged eight nods.

3 Idiots, Wanted, Kaminey, Paa and Dev D are vying for the title of Best Picture, while the Best Direction category nominations comprise, Rajkumar Hirani (3 Idiots), Anurag Kashyap (Dev D), Ayan Mukherji (Wake Up Sid), Vishal Bharadwaj (Kaminey), Imtiaz Ali (Love Aaj Kal) and R Balki (Paa).

The actors nominated this year for Performance in a Leading Role (Male) are Aamir Khan for 3 Idiots, Amitabh Bachchan for Paa, Saif Ali Khan for Love Aaj Kal, Salman Khan for Wanted, Shahid Kapoor for Kaminey and Ranbir Kapoor for Wake Up Sid.

The winner for Performance in a Leading Role – Female will be chosen between Kareena Kapoor (3 Idiots), Priyanka Chopra (Kaminey), Deepika Padukone (Love Aaj Kal), Vidya Balan (Paa) and Mahie Gill (Dev D).

The awards ceremony would be held at Sughathadasa Stadium in Colombo.

Sharman Joshi (3 Idiots), Irrfan Khan (New York), R Madhavan (3 Idiots),Abhimanyu Singh (Gulal), Abhishek Bachchan (Paa) and Rishi Kapoor(Love Aaj Kal) are in the race for Best supporting actor category.

Kalki Koechlin (Dev D), Arundhati Naag (Paa), Divya Dutta (Delhi 6), Supriya Pathak (Wake Up Sid) and Kirron Kher (Kurrban) are vying for the best supporting actress trophy.

Best Performance in a Comic Role will be chosen from among Omi Vaidya (3 Idiots), Ajay Devgn (All The Best), Johny Lever (De Dana Dan), Govinda (Life Partner) and Sanjay Dutt (All The Best).

Other nominations include:

Best performance in negative role: Boman Irani (3 Idiots), Amol Gupte (Kaminey), Prakash Raj (Wanted), Kay Kay Menon (Gulal) and Arya Babbar (Jail).

Music Direction: Shantanu Moitra (3 Idiots), A R Rehman (Delhi 6), Pritam (Love Aaj Kal), Amit Trivedi (Dev D) and Vishal Bharadwaj (Kaminey).

Best Story: Abhijat Joshi, Raj Kumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra(3 Idiots), Ayan Mukherji (Wake Up Sid), Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane (Dev D), Imtiaz Ali (Love Aaj Kal) and R Balki (Paa).

Best Lyrics: Swanand Kirkire (3 Idiots), Prasoon Joshi (Delhi 6), Irshad Kamil (Love Aaj Kal), Gulzar (Kaminey), Amitabh Bhattacharya (Dev D).

Playback Singer (Male): Shaan - Behti Hawa Sa Tha Who (3 Idiots), Mohit Chauhan - Masakali (Delhi 6), Sonu Nigam - All Izz Well (3 Idiots), Atif Aslam - Tu Jaane Na (Ajab Prem Ki Gajab Kahani), Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Aaj Din Chadiya (Love Aaj Kal), Sukhvinder Singh and Vishal Dadlani - Dan Te Nan (Kaminey)

Playback Singer(Female): Shreya Ghoshal - Zoobi Doobi (3 Idiots), Kavita Seth - Ek Tara (Wake Up Sid), Rekha Bharadwaj - Sasura Genda Phool (Delhi 6), Sunidhi Chauhan – Chor Baazari (Love Aaj Kal), Shilpa Rao - Moodi Moodi (Paa), Tulsi Kumar - Hafiz Khuda (8X10 Tasveer).

"Colombo marks the second decade of IIFA, with the best of Indian cinema being showcased. The events of the IIFA Weekend are expected to boost tourism in Sri Lanka," Director of Wizcraft, which organises the event, Sabbas Joseph said.
kwl cant wait to watch it again
**shrugs**

Kareena ain't going to get the award here either, since she'd been nominated for 3I i8nstead of Kurbaan. Had she been nominated for Kurbaan, she would've had a greater chance. I guess Vidya is going to win all best actress award this year...

And I know this is going to brew a storm here... but I will say this: I am glad that Katrina had not been nominated here. :P

Did we have Zee Cine award?
yh zee cinema awards what happened? they didnt show it last year
I am happy with the nominations...looks fair to me.

I like how low budget films are being appreciated adn are included in a bigw ayin awards...that shows change of tides....but will an actor from a low budget film will GET an award if put against the Box Office puller that will take little more time.

I'm so happy it will take place in my country,Sri Lanka!!!!!!!!😛
But so sad cause i leave in Paris & won't be able to go Colombo!😔
Why aren't the Bacchans dominating the nominations? Daal mein kuch kaala. 😳

amitabh will probs win for paa, urm very unlikely abhishek getting it for paa because boman irani will probs win
On second thoughts, ahh no I'm sure they'll come up with some category like " the best star son and star bahu of the decade" or something.
Originally posted by xetaxeta

On second thoughts, ahh no I'm sure they'll come up with some category like " the best star son and star bahu of the decade" or something.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 yh they probably will 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

you made me laugh aww LOVE IT thanks