Debate Mansion

Kissing and Nudity in Hindi Films (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 25

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

If some movie makers have perverted minds, then the viewers who see those movies have even more perverted minds to be supporting such directors by watching such trash. Things like kissing and and nudity should be kept behind locked doors strictly between the sacred bond of a husband and wife, but then again, I am firm believer in my culture so I guess this kind of answer would be expected of me.LOL Whatever...if us old fashioned people wish for good clean old fashioned movies, then I suppose the pervs in the world need movies to suit their tastes as well.Silly

In your culture, Kunti became a mother way before getting married and both Kunti and Madri had children from males other than their impotent husband.  There goes your "sex b/w only husband and wife" take based on your culture.

In your culture, people married the widows of their brothers and get busy fornicating with them right away.

In your culture, even rishi-munis did not think twice before indulging in the act out in the open making animal noises.  Not only that but then cursing the one who accidentally shot them thinking they were some animals.  There goes your "behind the closed door" take based on your culture.

I don't have any issues with your own personal take but let's not go overboard and claim that it is based on Indian/Hindu culture.  We gave the world Kamasutra.  Even you can't deny that.

Coming back to topic - yeah, I don't like the vulgar item numbers and unnecessary sexuality they forcefully insert in hindi movies.  Most of the time it does not even fit with the storyline.  But why do they do that?  Because there are consumers who demand that and consumer demand drives the end product in the market.  This is why I think you got the pink part of your post backwards.

You don't like it, don't watch it.  But you have no right calling others names just because their taste is different than yours.

i agree with all of the above said there ....it just as much sums up the concept of "morality" associated with "sex denial"Big smile

see JR, there is a difference between being "cultured" and being unnccessarily prudish.....sad how many people many times,  fail to differentiate between the two,SmileLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kissing and Nudity in Hindi Films (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 12:17am | IP Logged

There is nothing wrong with nudity/kissing...its all just a part of life/culture. But it shouldn't detract from the story  & there should be 'value' behind it.....Big smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

my_viewkrystal_watzJasmine...

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 9:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ice-Thinker

@return_to_hades: There was a certain post (possibly from you) which said that Europeans take it normally or smth.

Yes, everyone have their own choice... but then after we say that, where is the room to discuss?... We are not into making a policy which will be acted upon the entire country ... we are here to discuss on issues and say its positive or negative sides...

I stated that Europeans were more casual about nudity, as such it was not sexualized or perverted - but portrayed as an ordinary aspect. You made the statement Europeans love nudity, which without clarification can be taken in a very prejudicial context.

Well, there is room to discuss because everyone has a choice. If we all were Stepford wives with no difference in thought process - then there would be no discussion. Period.

We can discuss our personal values and beliefs, without looking down on others.
We can question other peoples moral core and rationale, without putting them down for it.
We can list pros and cons as perspectives, not as moral facts.

My problem is not if someone feels that nudity is wrong, or that sexuality should not be portrayed in films. It is a personal value choice. Many people have conservative family values and I respect that. My problem is that instead of expressing their personal values, they make judgment calls on other people's values.

(No I am not directing this at you, but just in general describing the holier than thoust syndrome)

Let India be INDIA... and still modern and well established. GLORIOUS ... adding a different dimention to the world. SHOWING THE BEAUTY OF MODERATION AND RESPECT.

India will always be India. The past was India. The present was India. The future will be India. India is not a static culture defined by one frame of reference or time period. It is a dynamic melting pot of varying cultures, that has come together, melded, grown and keeps evolving. The people of India represent the graph of it is identity. While some people find identity in old traditions, and values of modesty, some others find identity in self expression and not being coy about whats natural, whats human. Both these sides are equally India, and together make India - India.

Edited by return_to_hades - 09 May 2010 at 11:25am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jasmine...

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 11:28am | IP Logged

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Regarding personal experience - I have been to countries where, forget about movies, kissing and nudity happens in public.

After sometime one gets used to it. Its nothing special. For example, one night I went to wash my clothes in the common washing machine room, at 3 AM. Look what I found - a gal was  taking out her clothes and dumping them directly into the washing machine. LOL  I was surprised, she was surprised, but I said hello, good evening.

I was just thinking that poor girl must have thought that no one would come at 3 AM LOL

If we talk only about kissing - To me, kissing in public is an expression of love and its beautiful just like a mom kissing her child in public. It shows everyone that love exists, love is free and its not something that is imprisoned behind the doors. Ever heard about the line " Love is in the air"?

However, it depends on the culture because people interpret things according to their culture. Some people may find it offending.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_VeilFreshDaisy

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 3:18pm | IP Logged

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 3:25pm | IP Logged

I feel kissing in public is a display ... just, a display.... showing off... love is grander...deeper... more personal.... more intimate. 

Also, a mother kissing her child is different than a girl friend kissing her boyfriend...

Display may not be a bad thing.

The perception of difference depends on the subjective interpretation. Thats why I said it also depends on our culture. For example a mother kissing a child is a display, but is it offending?

Anyway I am going offline for sometime. cya.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 09 May 2010 at 3:29pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top