Debate Mansion

Kissing and Nudity in Hindi Films (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 25

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 11:37am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Kissing and Nudity in Hindi Films (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pogo

Censoring and all is a big jokeLOL Observe the film songs, you will see that in many songs most of the dance moves of the hero n heroine are imitations of mating.

As real sex scenes are not allowed film makers introduce 'item numbers' and songs with vulgar focus on the heroine's belly button and other body parts. This is common since olden days in our movies. This I will say is what need to be changed. Actors( females mostly) are reduced to the level of sexual objects.

High time we move from all this hypocrisy to real scenes, to real sex.  Nothin wrong with real sex scenes. If sex is part of the story then it should be there in the movie.

My personal favorite euphemism of old time movies is the good old fashioned flower on flower action. LOL

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ice-Thinker

The topic was about HINDI MOVIES...

I see we have discussed how Euopeans love nude or how cool nude and kissing goes with USA....

Does that mean that we must follow suit and have none of our own values guiding our movies or society?....Are we to follow only? Nothing good in us must survive because GORE BABUS are not doing it?

Can we not have some things our own hallmark... our own... our identity... something we offer to this world which is different and yet refreshing.

There are many wonderful movies without nudity in India ... I think we should look up on to those movies ...

Surprising coming from a pioneer of freedom in everything. What about freedom of expression and freedom of **x?

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 2:54pm | IP Logged

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

karandel_2008krystal_watzFreshDaisy

CunningLinguist

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 3:08pm | IP Logged

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

karandel_2008krystal_watz

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 3:19pm | IP Logged

I see we have discussed how Euopeans love nude or how cool nude and kissing goes with USA....

Does that mean that we must follow suit and have none of our own values guiding our movies or society?....Are we to follow only? Nothing good in us must survive because GORE BABUS are not doing it?

Can we not have some things our own hallmark... our own... our identity... something we offer to this world which is different and yet refreshing.

There are many wonderful movies without nudity in India ... I think we should look up on to those movies ...

I don't think anyone really said that Europeans love nude, or that USA deems nudity and kissing to be cool. Is that not an unfair generalization.

As for the rest, everyone is an individual. Our morals and perceptions evolve, as we grow, experience life and interact in the world. No one is compelled to have a certain moral standard based on their ethnicity. People have the freedom to choose what values make sense to them most. As such a person who feels some western values make sense should not be attacked as aping or mindlessly following. They are making a personal choice. You are free to cherish values that are important to you.

Edited by return_to_hades - 08 May 2010 at 3:50pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

karandel_2008

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 3:29pm | IP Logged

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 11:45pm | IP Logged

i think here you are concentrating too much on "NUDITY" as an isolated subject, instead of viewing it in respect to the movie or the script..

how can you show a realistic movie close to real life without ANY sort of refernce to sexuality which is an INGRAINED part of Human, not Indian or Foreign , life?

how can you show , for example a story in which a woman is raped, or a story about child molestation or the like, or which is about a single mom who got pregnant after " a mistake" and all that?? ......how can you show such storylines without showing the ACT?  or are you saying that we should stop making films which address issues or stories which has sexual relations or  intimacy as a part of it?ConfusedShocked

Edited by krystal_watz - 08 May 2010 at 11:54pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top