Kissing and Nudity in Hindi Films - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
Whats DM Rating!!!?????

Is it R- (R for disturbing violent content, language and some nudityπŸ˜‰ )
i think its time people STOPPED being so prudish and closed minded. πŸ˜ƒ

beleive it or not, this sex and nudity thigy has long been one of my fav Debate topics.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜›πŸ˜†

my tried-and-tested arguement to this tried-and-tested debate is, sex, sexuality and nudity are a part of our lives......it is the essential need of every living thing, not just humans, that accounts for the continuity of the earths Nature population. without sex, the world would have been another dead planet.

also, sex itself is not a criterion to describing a film as good or bad....its the same old cliched line that it completely depends on HOW AND IN WHAT SENSE it is portrayed. If the script demands it, then it is in good tase...but if such scenes are only meant to titillate, then its crap.

what is "clean entertainment"? sexual thoughts , actions and problems are a part of the society and  of our lives...it is impossible to depict a real life totally leaving out the "unclean" part, unless its a film based on a very specific issue or a childrens' or animation movie.
Edited by krystal_watz - 13 years ago
Originally posted by krystal_watz

my tried-and-tested arguement to this tried-and-tested debate is, sex, sexuality and nudity are a part of our lives......it is the essential need of every living thing, not just humans, that accounts for the continuity of the earths Nature population. without sex, the world would have been another dead planet.

Never said people should never have sex. My opinion is just that it should be kept between married couples and never shown on TV because it is supposed to be something pure and to make it public for others to see just seems very.....wrong...at least to me. And if being conservative and cultured means being close-minded and prudish, then so be it. I am rather happy with that.😊
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Never said people should never have sex. My opinion is just that it should be kept between married couples and never shown on TV because it is supposed to be something pure and to make it public for others to see just seems very.....wrong...at least to me. And if being conservative and cultured means being close-minded and prudish, then so be it. I am rather happy with that.😊

True. As my personal opinion too sex is a gift for married couples and should only be done behind closed doors. It's actully more intersting that way since you won't know what happens next. πŸ˜†
Originally posted by P1nk

True. As my personal opinion too sex is a gift for married couples and should only be done behind closed doors. It's actully more intersting that way since you won't know what happens next. πŸ˜†

Lol, interesting take on that.πŸ˜†

I think the Suhag Raat of every married couple's life is supposed to be special and pure, where both the partners merges with the other through their love and devotion for each other. What would a couple have to offer the other if they already give their virginity to someone before marriage? It is rather sad.

Censoring and all is a big jokeπŸ˜† Observe the film songs, you will see that in many songs most of the dance moves of the hero n heroine are imitations of mating.

As real sex scenes are not allowed film makers introduce 'item numbers' and songs with vulgar focus on the heroine's belly button and other body parts. This is common since olden days in our movies. This I will say is what need to be changed. Actors( females mostly) are reduced to the level of sexual objects.

High time we move from all this hypocrisy to real scenes, to real sex.  Nothin wrong with real sex scenes. If sex is part of the story then it should be there in the movie.

Edited by pogo - 13 years ago
There's nothing wrong with kissing and nudity, the irony is that our ancient ancestors were far more liberal regarding sex and nudity than we are today, thanks to the influences of Islam and then the Victorian morality introduced by the Brits.

Sanskrit literature is filled with sexuality and erotic love poems involving the Gods.
Sorry Double Post  πŸ˜³
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

If some movie makers have perverted minds, then the viewers who see those movies have even more perverted minds to be supporting such directors by watching such trash. Things like kissing and and nudity should be kept behind locked doors strictly between the sacred bond of a husband and wife, but then again, I am firm believer in my culture so I guess this kind of answer would be expected of me.πŸ˜† Whatever...if us old fashioned people wish for good clean old fashioned movies, then I suppose the pervs in the world need movies to suit their tastes as well.πŸ€ͺ

In your culture, Kunti became a mother way before getting married and both Kunti and Madri had children from males other than their impotent husband.  There goes your "sex b/w only husband and wife" take based on your culture.

In your culture, people married the widows of their brothers and get busy fornicating with them right away.

In your culture, even rishi-munis did not think twice before indulging in the act out in the open making animal noises.  Not only that but then cursing the one who accidentally shot them thinking they were some animals.  There goes your "behind the closed door" take based on your culture.

I don't have any issues with your own personal take but let's not go overboard and claim that it is based on Indian/Hindu culture.  We gave the world Kamasutra.  Even you can't deny that.

Coming back to topic - yeah, I don't like the vulgar item numbers and unnecessary sexuality they forcefully insert in hindi movies.  Most of the time it does not even fit with the storyline.  But why do they do that?  Because there are consumers who demand that and consumer demand drives the end product in the market.  This is why I think you got the pink part of your post backwards.

You don't like it, don't watch it.  But you have no right calling others names just because their taste is different than yours.
Edited by Gauri_3 - 13 years ago
The films DDLJ,Veer-Zaara,Kal Ho Na,Kuch Kuch Hota Hai did not have any nudity or kissing scenes.But this films were sucessful to portray the pious relationship between the couples.So it is not always necessary to get nude to depict love.