Kissing and Nudity in Hindi Films - Page 4

Posted: 13 years ago
One of the main objectives of a movie is "entertainment" and not to glorify love or establish some pious concepts. I know that there are other objectives as well such as to send good messages to society.

It should rather be that censorship should evolve and it should be implemented in an efficient way. Children should not have access to such movies.
Edited by karandel_2008 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by karandel_2008

One of the main objectives of a movie is "entertainment" and not to glorify love or establish some pious concepts. I know that there are other objectives as well such as to send good messages to society.

It should rather be that censorship should evolve and it should be implemented in an efficient way. Children should not have access to such movies.
So implement rating system as hollywood and than no one has anything to worry abt..😛
The topic was about HINDI MOVIES...

I see we have discussed how Euopeans love nude or how cool nude and kissing goes with USA....

Does that mean that we must follow suit and have none of our own values guiding our movies or society?....Are we to follow only? Nothing good in us must survive because GORE BABUS are not doing it?

Can we not have some things our own hallmark... our own... our identity... something we offer to this world which is different and yet refreshing.

There are many wonderful movies without nudity in India ... I think we should look up on to those movies ...
Originally posted by pogo

Censoring and all is a big joke😆 Observe the film songs, you will see that in many songs most of the dance moves of the hero n heroine are imitations of mating.

As real sex scenes are not allowed film makers introduce 'item numbers' and songs with vulgar focus on the heroine's belly button and other body parts. This is common since olden days in our movies. This I will say is what need to be changed. Actors( females mostly) are reduced to the level of sexual objects.

High time we move from all this hypocrisy to real scenes, to real sex.  Nothin wrong with real sex scenes. If sex is part of the story then it should be there in the movie.

My personal favorite euphemism of old time movies is the good old fashioned flower on flower action. 😆
Originally posted by Ice-Thinker

I see we have discussed how Euopeans love nude or how cool nude and kissing goes with USA....

Does that mean that we must follow suit and have none of our own values guiding our movies or society?....Are we to follow only? Nothing good in us must survive because GORE BABUS are not doing it?

Can we not have some things our own hallmark... our own... our identity... something we offer to this world which is different and yet refreshing.

There are many wonderful movies without nudity in India ... I think we should look up on to those movies ...

Surprising coming from a pioneer of freedom in everything. What about freedom of expression and freedom of **x?

Originally posted by -JONAKI-

The films DDLJ,Veer-Zaara,Kal Ho Na,Kuch Kuch Hota Hai did not have any nudity or kissing scenes.But this films were sucessful to portray the pious relationship between the couples.So it is not always necessary to get nude to depict love.

Films like DDLJ/VZ/KHNH/KKHH etc did not require to show nudity as the plot did not demand it. However, if you have a movie where it is essential to show nudity to depict a particular scene - I'd say go ahead with it. I have no qualms with nudity as long as it is shown aesthetically, and not in some horrendous way (unless that is what the plot demands) - and that is my personal take on it.
See if you have a scene where it is essential to show two people making love - what would you do - show them coming closer, then all of a sudden a dupatta  flying from thin air and wrapping them up, and see a filmy song for the next five minutes, where the couple will be running through grasses and fields? 😆 All that drama for just a love-making scene...

However, don't the actors feel uncomfortable doing such intimate scenes with people they barely know (well, most of the time)? 🤔
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago

Sexuality and nudity has always been a part of Indian culture since time immemorial, from the Indus Valley Civilisation era, till right upto our own.  The Indian film industry has been making films that are intrinsically Indian since its inception, I don't think people should avoid good movies just because they show a bit of skin, and as long as it's portrayed aesthetically, I don't see what the problem is.

The point is, directors should have the freedom to show what they want.  If you don't like it, there's plenty of clean movies out there.

I don't think anyone really said that Europeans love nude, or that USA deems nudity and kissing to be cool. Is that not an unfair generalization.

As for the rest, everyone is an individual. Our morals and perceptions evolve, as we grow, experience life and interact in the world. No one is compelled to have a certain moral standard based on their ethnicity. People have the freedom to choose what values make sense to them most. As such a person who feels some western values make sense should not be attacked as aping or mindlessly following. They are making a personal choice. You are free to cherish values that are important to you.
Edited by return_to_hades - 13 years ago
Originally posted by return_to_hades

You are free to cherish values that are important to you.

True there.

i think here you are concentrating too much on "NUDITY" as an isolated subject, instead of viewing it in respect to the movie or the script..

how can you show a realistic movie close to real life without ANY sort of refernce to sexuality which is an INGRAINED part of Human, not Indian or Foreign , life?

how can you show , for example a story in which a woman is raped, or a story about child molestation or the like, or which is about a single mom who got pregnant after " a mistake" and all that?? ......how can you show such storylines without showing the ACT?  or are you saying that we should stop making films which address issues or stories which has sexual relations or  intimacy as a part of it?😕😲

Edited by krystal_watz - 13 years ago