Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

armaan_luver thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

If Jassi is Ceo for only 6 months, that may leave the seat open for Aryan- no one said the position was Armaan's after Jassi is done.

Rifhat thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Hello Folks!

I just read on Telly Chakkar that Rakshanda is off to London to anchor the ICC champions and that is the reason why the makers of Jassi came up with the plot of her friend getting married and her going to London infact i even saw her ytdy on Setmax while watching the match between India and Pakistan.

- Rifhat

Issue dated 15 September 2004
Updated every Wednesday
Indiantelevision.com's

"I will be more casual than Mandira…."

Rakshanda Khan does not have a minute to spare. She is frantically packing her bags to leave for London for the on-going Champions trophy. "I have less than 24 hours to catch the flight," she tells Vickey Lalwani who caught up with her for a few moments on the phone.

Excerpts from the rapid-fire round that transpired on the eve of her departure:

What's your role going to be in the Champions trophy?
You can call me the roving anchor. I will be more on the field, rather than off it. I would be interviewing cricketers, cricket fans. I would be covering England as a place. I could even be seen talking about Indian food.

What makes you think that you are apt for the job?
I am a people-related person. I can interact with people very effectively. I am looking forward to meeting different people and asking them different questions. I am sure I'll put my best foot forward.

Rakshanda as Mallika in 'Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin'

How are you feeling at the moment? Nervous?
Excited as well. I am psyching myself up.

Who has designed your look?
Max, Sambo and I put our heads together. Incidentally, Sambo is Mandira's designer too. She styled her in the last World Cup.

Boy, that was hot! That means we'll get to see a Mandira like Rakshanda?
No. Mandira and I are two different personalities. Our styling has been kept in tune with our respective personas.

Mandy is an extrovert and you...?
(interrupts) I wouldn't say Mandira is an extrovert. She is more perfect. She is better groomed. I have still to work myself to the top. I am more casual. I like to wear what I am totally comfy in.

But honestly, wouldn't you have loved to be in Mandy's shoes, I mean, in the studios. Wouldn't the spotlight would have been more on you?
I know what you mean. But I think I need to be a little more thorough with the game before I think of sitting up there with the expert panel. I need to cultivate a little more grey on the game.

Does that mean that you follow the game very little?
No. That way, I have sufficient knowledge about cricket. You can't live in India and be indifferent to cricket. India has two religions- cricket and films. Hmmm... I think I am fairly religious (laughs).

India's chances in the knock-out match against Pakistan on 18 September?
India played quite well against Kenya in their last encounter. My head and heart, both say India will win. I am going to wear the India T-shirt, sit in one of the front rows and cheer lustily for our country.

Rakshanda with the Jassi team at the recent launch of Satya Paul's 'Jassi' line of clothing

Have you spent some social moments with some of the cricketers?
If I take names, some section of the media might run some stupid stuff on this. You know what I mean. Better if we skip this one please. Chalega?

I was about to ask you the cricketers who you find most handsome?
(Laughs) Brett Lee is one who I think is really good in looks and nature, both. I met him for the first time at the Yuva premiere at IIFA.

And what did he say?
(Laughs) He thought I was a part of that film!

Courtesy of Indiantelevision.com
Ashwirya Shetty thumbnail

Welcome to the forum, n2c2be.

Thanks for the info, Rifhat.

lakshmi_maruthi thumbnail
I found it strange. It was as if the Puru family was voting for the CEO. Aryan was not there and Mallika was absent. As we all know from the ads Jassi is going to be CEO. So, Aryan has to vote for her. I am just curious to know what is the reason he will give Mallika. Edited by lakshmi_maruthi - 19 years ago
Rifhat thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Welcome to the forum, n2c2be. This is one great forum.

-Rifhat