-Sakina- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

When you see him smile, you know why he has such a fan following. Charming, soft-spoken and chivalrous to the core, Bollywood heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor has had a long day shooting for a mobile brand's ad campaign. But not one to disappoint us, Ranbir relaxes in his vanity van after the shoot to share his wishlist:

Good, better, best
You can't take the titles like 'Bollywood heartthrob' and all seriously. You might have a hit today, while your next film bombs big time. All I want to do is to work with good directors, big banners and beautiful co-stars. When I was starting out, I'd made a list of 50 directors I wanted to work with. Today, I'm just four down. So there's a lot of work still to be done.

Daddy cool
I want to be versatile like my dad. He's my favourite actor and my biggest critic. His acting is so natural and effortless; there's no definite style as he moulds himself according to the roles. As a dad, he's never been preachy. When I was just starting out, he suggested that we see all forms of Indian cinema. And I did " from Raj Kapoor to Mehboob Khan to Bimal Roy to Guru Dutt, I'm an avid Hindi film buff. Dad's taught me to envision what the directors' want from me and my character, and deliver it accordingly.

What gives me a kick
This is one dream that I really hope comes true. I want to coach a football team. I'm extremely passionate about football. I was in my school's football team and later went on to play at the district level for my college. But now, I don't get to play too often. But if I'm in town, I make sure I play at least once a week with my friends. It's a lot of fun.

Not too grand
My wishlist isn't anything outrageous. All I hope is that my films and the brands I endorse connect with my audiences, as I really believe in them. And my sincere wish is that everybody has a good life. I'm just a regular 27-year-old guy who does things like any other person my age. I watch films, hangout with friends in Goa and spend time with my family.

http://ranbirkapoor.net/index.php?news=306
Edited by -Sakina- - 13 years ago