Bakwas Episode:Mod's note PG17 - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
@Vish: POV is one thing, and attacking Sadhna and calling her names is another. NURSE!!!... how insincere and unaffectionate was that from you? Its unacceptable and very objectionable. Its NEVER thr truth... its the accusation of Vasundhara ... we all know that she is the vamp and said those words to pierce the hearts of true Bidaai fans. You know how much pain it will cause to people ... you have OFFENDED feelings. You need to learn how to write your POV. If you dont know any other way ... then REFRAIN.
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
If one feels that Sadhna's role in Aalekh's life was that of a Nurse and nothing more, then that is indeed that persons POV and he/she can state it here in the forum.

Everyone must understand that all POVs are NOT equally palatable or acceptable to everyone. We can't go ad hominem just because someone says something that is not our cup of tea.

I may not agree with Vish's point of view, but I support her right to express it anyway. Its one way of looking at Sadhna's actions, while others look at it in a very favorable way. 

Finally, calling Sadhna a Nurse is not nearly calling her a bad name.  Its not an attack on Sadhna, but another way of looking at the characterization of Sadhna. You can argue on a number of reasons why Sadhna is not just a nurse but you cannot tell someone to not share their analysis of a character. I hope you appreciate the difference.

In any case, that wasn't the intent of this topic anyway.

SPN_JD_Addicted thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
And here I thought Ranvir has some basic idea of fire control and the precautions one need to take in case of fire.After all US returned hain bhai!These things are drilled into u.Anyways,funny episode.Everything looked so fake.

Dewdrop-Sadhan after seeing all the commotion and hearing that her MIL is still inside the house might go in some other door to help her MIL!Afterall everyone is holding onto Ranvir and Alekh lol stopping them from going inside
Sweet-Violet thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I think some members need to relax and not take things so personally. Its just a TV for heaven's sake and Sadhana is a fictional character but there are real people who can get hurt with some rude comments.

@serialjunkie:

POV ka bhi koi hadh hota hai. You cannot offend people just like that. There is a point where FREE SPEECH ends and offence begins.

Vasundhara's comment over Sadhna was meant to humiliate her and cause pain to those who love Sadhna. THUS this comment about Sadhna being a HIRED NURSE is definately for the same people ... and not just a harmless POV. This comment is inspired by the HATEFUL COMMENT OF A VAMP.

I would not have felt this bad if I did not know the context. The context of calling her a 'Nurse' is definately crystal clear ... and wits cannot justify it. The whole "Hired Nurse" calling was MEANT to be "name calling", and definately not a comparison with Florence Nightingale in any way~! XXXXXX
Originally posted by: --Anu--

I think some members need to relax and not take things so personally. Its just a TV for heaven's sake and Sadhana is a fictional character but there are real people who can get hurt with some rude comments.

Exactly ... there are real people who can get hurt by rude comments. Everyone should realise that the other person might get hurt ... and then they will refrain from hurtful comments towards those characters or potrayals that people hold high.

People must not only consider when their own feelings get hurt ... but also try and realise that other feelings may get hurt too ...
Sweet-Violet thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ice-Thinker

Exactly ... there are real people who can get hurt by rude comments. Everyone should realise that the other person might get hurt ... and then they will refrain from hurtful comments towards those characters or potrayals that people hold high.

People must not only consider when their own feelings get hurt ... but also try and realise that other feelings may get hurt too ...

IT, are you kidding me ? 😆 I was referring to the personal attacks not comments on Sadhana.
A bad and venomous comment on Sadhna hits the heart. A reaction is natural and default.

To critisize Sadhna can cause explanations ... but to throw the acid used by Vasu on Sadhna ... with cause flames ... isnt it?

Ofcourse ... personal attacks are never welcome. But when the atmosphere is filled with pain and venom ... poison then takes over the scenario. Its unfortunate, but universal at the same time.

We all need to cooperate to maintain a coordial environment.
Edited by Ice-Thinker - 13 years ago
Omshanti1111 thumbnail

the way fictional characters are sketched, and then their analysis gives an indication about the thoughts of a person who does the analysis. I am not going into who is right or wrong, but fictional characters indeed help to know our analysis, our attitudes and the extent we can go to. And then, we feel whether our thoughts match with another ones and thats how we choose a friend....

But, Kashif,  
I think leave it there..

Edited by Omshanti1111 - 13 years ago
serialjunkie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
There is a good saying by Peter Singer (Council for Secular Humanism) :-
"Freedom of speech is important, and it must include the freedom to say what everyone else believes to be false, and even what many people take to be offensive."

In other words, free speech by its very nature can be offensive or be against what everyone else believes in.

Now I do notice that in this forum (IF overall), people cringe when someone expresses harsh opinions about a character. However, we should be able to argue or ignore those comments without shutting the person out.

And I would also not say that anything we say in this forum is an ANY WAY a reflection of our personalities or who we are outside of the forum. Just because an author writes murder mysteries or does  an awestruck in-depth analysis of a murderer's-mind does not make the author a murderer himself.

This is my POV - now I may be in the dog house for good.
😭