Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

-*- SNS :: Articles Archive -*- (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 9

Page 1 Page 8
Page   of 9

shaina.sharma

IF-Dazzler

shaina.sharma

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Are you regretting what you did? Rashi replies vehemently, "Absolutely. I am feeling so bad about everything that I even tried to commit suicide. My life is in shambles and I just want to go back to the Modi family. I want to convince them that I realise what I did was terribly wrong and I will never repeat it."

How will you make amends?
"Say sorry, talk to them, and if that doesn't work, make a big drama and convince them. I am ready to resort to anything as long as it gets me their forgiveness."

You were never fond of Jigar so now why are you determined about patching up with him?
"I like Jigar a lot which is why I was trying to get him to stand on his own feet. He is a sweet guy and perhaps now I realise his value more than ever. He is my husband after all. I want to be with my family."

Is money important to you or have you realised the value of relationships?
"Well money is important but I now know that relationships come first."

Your mother has been instigating you to try various schemes and she has influenced you a lot. Do you think she is right in handling the situation her way?
"My mother has been my saviour many times. Though I realise sometimes that she is wrong, I feel she provides me the means to an end. She gets things done so I don't mind listening to her."

Do you have any plans in store to outsmart Koki?
"My only focus is to return to the Modi family. Koki and Gopi are further away from my mind. I want to return to the family fold."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "-*- SNS :: Articles Archive -*- (Page 9)" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shaina.sharma

IF-Dazzler

shaina.sharma

Posted: 04 January 2012 at 9:49am | IP Logged

Love will find its Way!!

Love "The higher you build the walls around your heart, the harder you fall when someone tears them down "

Love knocks when you least expect it to. In the case of Ahem, love is coming like a slow breeze and washing away all doubts, insecurities, and negative vibes he had for Gopi. Most importantly his pride is taking a back step as he is slowly realising what Gopi means in his life. Ahem has always given his status and stature more importance than anything else. Anyone or anything below him has always been unacceptable. Can we blame him entirely? No, because any educated, well defined guy would expect a decent educated girl. So if Ahem desired this, it was not wrong. Gopi just got caught unfairly in this battle. But when destiny decides to intervene and make two opposite people come together, one has very little say.

Ahem didn't have to try very hard to hate Gopi. He put up various defences,a whole suit of armour so that nothing could hurt him. He kept on humiliating her so that she would stay away. Her raw, clumsy and silly little things were enough to annoy Ahem and make him walk in the other direction.

Time passed by. Gopi's dedication to study, her nature to do good, her innocence in being happy with simple things around her started to pave way in Ahem's heart. Unknowingly Ahem's heart started to skip a beat. Gopi with her changed attitude or should we say, Ahem with his changed outlook started to perceive and see Gopi differently? She created and stirred something inside Ahem which he is not been able to understand.

In an interesting twist in Saath Nibhana Saathiya, filled with drama and suspense, looks like Ahem is finally all set to melt towards his wife. In an episode that went by, Ahem was seen rushing Gopi to the hospital after a couple of slabs landed on her in the process of wanting to save Rashi.

When Rangmunch team contacted Ved Raj, the Writer of the Show, and asked him about the current track, this is what he had to say. "Ahem as a character has been very arrogant, egoistic and staunch in his beliefs. However the only person who affects him the most is his mother Kokila and she is the sole reason he agrees to marry Gopi. At the moment the bonding that we are witnessing between Ahem and Gopi is not Love, but is more of concern and affection towards one another. But we also know that eventually this will culminate into a love story. It was a conscious decision to take the story slowly and show a gradual progression in their relationship. Also as per our Indian society, Love after Marriage is a slow process and widely accepted by the audience."

Will he see this as just care or love? With her being in the hospital, will Ahem break the barriers of formality and step towards Gopi? Will the inevitable happen? A new journey for Ahem and Gopi is definitely in the making.

shaina.sharma

IF-Dazzler

shaina.sharma

Posted: 06 January 2012 at 2:47am | IP Logged
Sleeper hits

Some shows promise little but deliver beyond expectations. Saath Nibhana Saathiya is one of the most unexpected successes of past one year. Launched in early 2010, it started on a low key but within six months it made it to the list of top five shows and subsequently went on to beat prime time star performers like Balika Vadhu, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Uttaran and Pavitra Rishta for the number one slot with 6 TVR in December last year.

Since then it has consistently ruled general entertainment space with rock-solid ratings. In week 50 - December 4 to 10 - it scaled a new high of 7.58 TVR, highest for a fiction show in 2011. So what makes a 7 pm saas-bahu show of kitchen politics rule over prime time shows? "It's the story, the characters and the drama woven around small, every day life incidents that has kept viewers hooked on to the show," says Saathiya producer Rashmi Sharma. She admits that Saathiya is a saas-bahu show. "It was always intended to be a massy show. But its story, backdrop and characters are highly relatable." she adds.

Jia Manek who plays Gopi doesn't deny that kitchen politics rules in the show. "But it's different from the regular saas-bahu shows. People wouldn't have tuned in had we followed the Kyunki and Kahani route," says Jia. Elaborating further, she states, "Whether in her maternal home or in her sasural, Gopi has always lived in obligation and been treated like a maid. So the sympathy factor is really working for the show as Saathiya is essentially a Cinderella story."

Another show that has scored on the charts is Diya Aur Bati Hum. It was launched at a time when the 8.30 to 10 pm band was hit badly by Kaun Banega Crorepati's aam aadmi wave. However, Diya Aur Baati Hum defied the trend and doubled its ratings from 1.8 to 4.21 in two months. Post-KBC it started doing even better. Currently it is the No.2 show in GEC space with 5-plus TVR. What explains the show's sudden success which deals with marriage between a sweet shop owner and a well-educated and career-oriented girl?

Producer Sumeet Mittal says one of the reasons is its two lead characters. "Sooraj is not educated enough but he is a dream husband any girl would fall for. On the other hand, Sandhya is an educated and cultured girl. It's a case of right characters in wrong situations. Apart from characters, the story itself is very interesting," he explains. Anas Rashid who plays Sooraj says Diya Aur Baati Hum is a realistic show. "The characters, situations and dialogues are real and there is nothing fake about it unlike other shows," he adds. Debutant Deepika Singh who plays Sandhya feels the show depicts small town life realistically. "Every character has a view point and there are no negative characters in the show," she adds. According to Anas, the high point of the show will come when Sandhya's true identity is revealed. "The family will be shocked to learn that she is a well-educated girl wanting to be a civil servant. So there is lot of drama and twists and turns on the cards as relationships will be redefined," he reveals. In other words, the trump cards are yet to be opened as the real story has not begun. Saathiya also followed the same formula.

While Saathiya continues to rock on the back of Gopi's plight, it is said to be an underdog and a freak success which doesn't command place of pride in Star Plus' 'Rishta wohi, soch nayi' brand promise. The channel loves its success but finds it difficult to acknowledge with pride. The show's unexpected success has foxed the industry so much so that most people, including the channel, cannot fathom any plausible reason. However, senior TV analyst and ex-programmer Sanjay Upadhyay is of the view that Saathiya may be a saa-bahu show but its story, making and characters are credible. "It is a massy show but it is well rooted and hence connects well with viewers," he says.

As for Diya Aur Baati Hum, at least the thought is progressive even if it deals with saas bahu issues. Producer Rajan Shahi credits the show's success to its makers Shashi and Sumeet Mittal. "They understand mass audience. The USP of the show is the makers' honesty and conviction. What works in a daily is strong characterisation and Diya Aur Baati Hum has that," he says.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top