Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

-*- SNS :: Articles Archive -*- (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 9

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 9
Page 5 Page 9

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Newcomers who rocked 2010
Buzz up!
As we head towards the end of 2010 we take a look at some newcomers who made a mark on Indian TV. Take a look at those new faces whose charmed their way into the hearts of the viewers with their acting talent.

By Natasha Coutinho

Showing 4 of 7 images Previous    Next
Jia Manek

Jia Manek: The meek and docile bahu Gopi aka Jia Manek of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya on STAR Plus charmed her way into the hearts of the audience. Saath Nibhaana Saathiya is currently leading in the TRP race and the protagonist Gopi has a huge role in making the show so popular. Jia's innocent looks and attempts to win over her husband Aham who hates her are a hit with the audience.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Newcomers-who-rocked-2010&aid=2396

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

princessunara

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "-*- SNS :: Articles Archive -*- (Page 4)" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 10:09am | IP Logged

New entry in Saathiya Saath Nibhana..

Friday, December 10, 2010 | 6:57:15 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 20 Comments New entry in Saathiya Saath Nibhana..

Star Plus' Saathiya will see the entry of Dhaval Pandya who will provide for some light moments in the show..

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

I'm bubbly and talkative in reality: Giaa

TNN, Dec 27, 2010, 12.00am IST

Giaa Maanek
It's almost unbelievable, but yes, the number one show on TV today is a show that's aired at 7 pm and it's a typical saas-bahu drama. 

We are talking about Saathiya, which is doing very well on the Television Rating Point (TRP) charts. One of the lead characters in this show is Gopi vahu (bahu), a docile, simple and sweet girl, who always puts her family before herself. So what's this new popular daughter-in-law on the small screen all about? Is she similar to her onscreen character or very different? TOI finds out... 

Are you a Mumbai girl? Tell us a little about yourself... 
Yes. I am born and brought up in Mumbai and I have done my majors in advertising and marketing from Ruia and Somaiya college. I love dancing and acting. 

How did Saathiya happen to you? 
I always wanted to be an actor, so I started going for auditions and was very fortunate to get a role in the movie Na Ghar Ke Na Ghat Ke, where I was privileged to work with renowned actors like Om Puri, Neena Gupta and Paresh Rawal. After that I bagged the lead role in Saathiya. 

The real Giaa seems very different from Gopi vahu (bahu), your character in the serial... 
Completely! People are quite surprised to see me in person. But they like Giaa's look as much as they like Gopi in the serial. In reality, I am a very talkative person, very bubbly and fun-loving. I'm also very sensitive. And I hate people who lie and are two-faced. 

Your character's very docile in the show... would you have liked to play a stronger woman? 
Obviously. I am an actor and always open to any type of challenging roles. 

When you started, did you think this serial would be number one some day? 
Well from day one of my shoot I had a very positive feeling that this concept will work, but yes I didn't expect it to be the number one show. I sincerely attribute the success of my show to the entire cast and crew. 

What's on the personal front? 
Keep guessing! 

Follow us on Twitter for more stories 

princessunara

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

The hits and the misses

December 25th, 2010

The year 2010 proved successful for a few serials and a few others lost their fame! While Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and Balika Vadhu stood their ground, other star performers of last year, like Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, Chhoti Bahu, Aap Ki Antara, Bairi Piya, Sajan Ghar Jana Hai and Bhagyavidhata received low ratings.

If Balika Vadhu created the 8 pm slot, Choti Bahu was the slot leader at 7.30 pm, which infused life into early prime time. But it started losing ground to Sasural Genda Phool and was eventually shut down in September. Says, producer Tony Singh, "It was due to the stiff competition. The channel decided to close it down though ratings were not all that bad."

Aap Ki Antara, a story about an autistic child, suffered a setback too. The reasons stated were the change in slot, followed by change in characters. Sukesh Motwani, Fiction head, Zee, feels the show flopped because it got too preachy. "Wrong casting after the generation leap is another reason," he states.

If change of slot did not affect Aap Ki Antara, it did affect Agle Janam, which was sent down to early prime time to make way for Sanjog Se Bani Sangini. Producer Siddharth Tiwari of Agle Janam doesn't blame competition alone but says ups and downs are bound to happen when a serial is aired for two years.

Bhagyavidhata, another slot leader at 7 pm, lost most of its ground to the year's most surprising and successful launch, Saathiya Saath Nibhana.

However, Ekta Kapoor's Tere Liye at 10 pm almost killed the soap, Sabki Laadli Bebo, which was shifted to 6.30 pm. However, Anupam Vasudev, marketing head, Star, claims that it was a part of their plan to boost both the serials.

princessunara

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
My Santa
Buzz up!
Neha Maheshwri/ Hill Road Media
Christmas is one occasion when even our celebrities don't mind shedding their starry image and going back in time to remember their good old days when decorating the X-mas tree and exchanging gifts was synonymous with the festival. Things haven't changed from then as even today they look forward to receiving gifts and they yet wait for the Santa to ring the bells. But this year round we give them a choice to decide who would they want their Santa to be and the gift they would like to receive from him.

Showing 1 of 6 images Previous    Next
Jia Manek
Jia Manek: Well, I am my own Santa this season. I have gifted myself my dream car Chevrolet Beat in red colour. It's fun to be your own Santa as you know the best what you wish to be gifted.
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=My-Santa&aid=2426

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:28pm | IP Logged

Stretching it

-A +A
Font
Chaya Unnikrishnan Posted: Dec 24, 2010 at 2041 hrs IST
Sasural Genda PhoolStar Plus started two shows in the 7 and 7.30 pm slot, Saathiya Saath Nibhana and Sasural Genda Phool respectively.
Primetime, which was traditionally bet-ween 8 to 11 pm, was stretched to include shows from 7 pm. The trend that Colors had started a couple of years ago gained momentum in 2010. Star Plus started two shows in the 7 and 7.30 pm slot, Saathiya Saath Nibhana and Sasural Genda Phool respectively, and the former has turned out to be the numero uno on the channel.
The latest is Zee introducing fresh shows Bhagonwali-Baante Apni Taqdeer and Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharmyudh in the 6 and 6.30 pm slot thereby expanding the primetime further. Also, Colors started the trend of airing a 60-minute special episode of one of its popular soaps, which was either a wedding sequence, a major twist or revelation that would spike the ratings. Since then many serials across channels have had Saturday specials turning it into a regular fare!

The year also saw some channels like Star One extending their daily soaps by a day, which means, like it or lump it, you see the happenings in Geet, Pyar Ki Yeh Ek Kahani and Rang Badalti Odhani through the week.

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
@ 2010: Top 10 daily soaps of the year

Saath Nibhana Saathiya

Saath Nibhana Saathiya
The story of the show revolves around two cousin sisters and their mothers in law; it has taken saas bahu shows to a different level. The kitchen politics is so detailed in the show that characters (elaborately dressed) bother about whether the pressure cooker will explode or who has stolen stuff from the kitchen. This is one show that came as a total surprise as nobody expected it to be such a huge hit. Choti Bahu was an exception as it became a hit at 7.30 pm time slot, 'Saath Nibhana Saathiya' moved another notch higher since it's the number one show across channels that too at 7 pm time slot. The average TRP of the show has been 5.5- 6.

http://ibnlive.in.com/photogallery/2968-7.html?from=movies

princessunara

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 26 December 2010 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
Aham learns the truth about Kinjal's pregnancy
STARONE.IN

For what was till now a secret to Aham will come out in the open. In the upcoming track of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya will unearth the identity of the guy who has impregnated Kinjal.

STARONE.IN

Aham will be completely shocked after he is informed by Kinjal that the guy is none other than his former girlfriend, Anita's, brother Umang. But this is just the beginning to Modis' worries and troubles as Ilesh who is all set to marry Kinjal will visit the family accompanied by his family who will question the truth about Kinjal's pregnancy. The girl will accept in front of everyone that she is bearing Umang's child. This will mark an end of Ilesh's relationship with Kinjal and the former will call off the marriage with her. It is also believed that in the near future Umang will propose marriage to Kinjal. Little does the Modi family know that Umang will withdraw his proposal later as it's just a trick to avenge his sister's respect.

Informs Aham, "I will sneak into Kinjal's room to check her mobile phone to find out that the guy who has impregnated her is somebody named Umang. I confront her to reveal his identity to me and the revelation takes me by shock. I am stunned to know that Umang is Anita's brother. I reprimand Kinjal to have fallen in love with Umang who is known to be disrespectful and is a leech."

"I am angered with my sister's revelation and decide to meet Umang at his office. We have a verbal altercation followed by a bit of fist fight. Later, he comes to our house to apologise and propose marriage to Kinjal. I voice my displeasure over this alliance and refuse to accept it but give into the need of the hour as there is nothing else that can be done. A day later, my mother and I go to Umang's place to exchange shagun to know that he is not in the house but is partying at his farm house. I am aghast to find him amidst girls at his farm-house and ask him about his seriousness for Kinjal. Umang later tells me that he will not marry Kinjal as I too had left his sister in the past", adds he.

Will Umang succeed in taking his vengeance with Aham on behalf of his sister? What happens to Kinjal after Umang decides not to marry her? Watch it all on Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Monday to Friday, 7:00 pm on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/1120/aham-learns-the-truth-about-kinjal%E2%80%99s-preganancy.aspx

Post Reply New Post

Go to top