Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

-*- SNS :: Articles Archive -*- (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 9

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 9
Page 4 Page 9

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 16 November 2010 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Meet the Plain Janes of television
Buzz up!
Dhanashri Kulkarni/Hill Road Media

It's a new trend that has gained popularity. Our leading ladies look simple, but have high morals. This makes the show more realistic and this has been well-appreciated by the audience. We take a look at some of these actresses who have dared to be different and won accolades for it.

Showing 1 of 1 images Previous    Next
Gopi

Gopi of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
She believes in traditional values and puts her family above anything else. Her sister, Rashi is completely the opposite.
http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Meet-the-Plain-Janes-of-television&aid=2305

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "-*- SNS :: Articles Archive -*- (Page 3)" in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 26 November 2010 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Will good triumph over evil in Saathiya?
STARONE.IN

Rashi is all set to tarnish Kokila Modi's image infront of her family members and she will leave no stone unturned to fulfill her vicious plans on STAR Plus' Saath Nibhaani Saathiya.

STARONE.IN

She has chosen the eve of Diwali, a grand occasion at the Modis, to malign Kokila ben's image. For the past 20 years Kokila ben has been celebrating Diwali in traditional style following all the rituals and customs but this time she will be under the scanner for committing a folly and much to her surprise and ignorance of her family members, it will be Rashi who will plan and scheme against her. Kokila will try hard to unmask Rashi but will she succeed or fail? And will she be able to keep the family name from being tarnished?

Says Kokila Modi, "This is going to be a very dramatic episode with a shocking twist to offer to the viewers. I am targeted badly by Rashi who is trying every trick in the trade to spoil my image and bring me malice. We are preparing for Diwali and like for the past 20 years this year again I am going to make ghee on my own for the lamps that will be lit throughout the night and also the prasad which has to be prepared out of that pure ghee. I am making it sitting on the floor like we have been doing for so many years. But just at the last hour, Rashi replaces the ghee with the oil and the traditional lamp is lit in oil and we realize that the prasad too has been made of oil. My family members will take it as my folly and I would be left with no choice but to prove my innocence. Whether or not am I able to do it will be shown in tomorrow in the special episode"

As Rashi succeeds in tarnishing Kokila's image, we wonder if the latter will be able to save her chances from getting accused of making a horrendous folly.

Well as promised by Kokila she will not let Rashi off the hook easily, but will she be able to prove her guilty? We'll just have to wait and watch.

Watch the two ladies trying to level the scores on STAR Plus' Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Monday to Friday at 7:00 pm on STAR Plus.

And Do Comment here also...
http://starplus.startv.in/news/995/will-good-triumph-over-evil-in-saathiya.aspx

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 06 December 2010 at 5:38am | IP Logged

'The trick lies in telling the same story differently' - Gautam Hegde

Sunday, December 05, 2010 | 9:42:48 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)   Comments 22 Comments 'The trick lies in telling the same story differently' - Gautam Hegde

Gautam Hegde, the writer of many popular shows in a conversation with TellyBuzz..

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 06 December 2010 at 5:40am | IP Logged
New entry in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Buzz up!
Latest TV gup-shups: New entry in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Sreeram goes international, Ratan's soft corner for eunuchs, Jyoti's successful run comes to an end, Slap fest for Chhavi Mittal, Koffee with Karan Tacker!  Lingo matters.

Hill Road Media

Showing 1 of 7 images Previous    Next
Cast of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

New entry in Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya on STAR Plus will see the entry of Rashi's brother Dhawal in the upcoming episodes claim sources. Some episodes back Gopi had visited Mami and told her to keep a rakhi for Dhawal bhaiya. At that time the character was a mystery but he will make his presence felt from next week onwards.

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 09 December 2010 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Gopi aka Jia Manek of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya on STAR Plus may seem to be simple on screen but has an admirable fashion sense in real life. We get the pretty Jia to share some beauty and fashion advice with her fans.

By Natasha Coutinho

Jia Manek
How would you define beauty?
Beauty is not about your outer appearance it's more about how beautiful you are from the inside. Inner beauty is much more valuable.

Jia Manek
Which beauty products are your favourite?
I apply my Lakme moisturizer everyday to keep my skin smooth and fresh. When it comes to makeup I personally prefer MAC products any day but for the shoot we use Kryolan products because they last longer.

Jia Manek
Any beauty tips that you would like to share?
I would request my fans to use minimal makeup because too much makeup really spoils your skin. I used to have lovely skin but now I use makeup for at least 15 hours a day for the Saath Nibhaana Saathiya and it has ruined my skin. Other than that eat healthy food and drink lots of water.

Jia Manek
How would you define fashion?
Fashion is not blindly copying trends and wearing what you are comfortable in.

Jia Manek
Favourite outfits from your closet?
I am most comfortable in my jumpers. I can where them anywhere be it a casual dinner or party. I also like short skirts and I feel one piece dresses look good on me. I don't wear jeans too much because I believe this is the time to wear outfits that I will not be able to wear when I grow old.

Jia Manek
Fashion bloopers that should be avoided?
Do not wear anything that you are not comfortable in. If you are not feeling confident in a particular outfit it will show on your face.

Jia Manek
Who are your beauty and fashion icons?
Kareena Kapoor is my beauty and fashion icon because I love the way she carries herself. She also has an amazing fashion sense.

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 10:04am | IP Logged
Kinjal will seek Gopi's help for letting Koki know the Truth of her affair with Umang.

Gopi will have to tell the truth of Kinjal and Umang to Koki. Coz Koki wants to get Kinjal married soon as she thinks Elesh is responsible for her pregnancy. Till now Kinjal could not tell Koki the truth so she takes Gopi's help regarding the same even when she does not share good relation with her.
Gopi will be able to tell this to Koki and this will be the biggest Shock for her.

And this will be start of a Nice and Smooth Relationship between Gopi and Kinjal.

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 10:05am | IP Logged

Giaa Maanek

Giaa Maanek has drawn a lot of appreciation for her character Gopi in Saathiya Saath Nibhaana. With her childlike smile and innocence, she has managed to become a household name; what with the show being the top ranking one across all GECs. Giaa has a candid chat with TellyChakkar. Excerpts from the interview…

Tell us a bit about your background.
I was studying when this offer came to me. I have completed my Majors in Advertising. Then I did a few commercials after which I was called for TV shows. I was not really serious then because I wanted to complete my education. I bagged a movie, makers of 'Red Alert' where I played daughter to Om Puri and Neena Gupta. That's where the producers of Saathiya spotted me and I was called for an audition. I passed the audition, the look test and I bagged Gopi's role.

Has it been smooth sailing?
No, you can't say it was easy because I did struggle for some time. I was at home for a year after my graduation, had signed a couple of shows which for some reason did not work out. So it was not like I got everything at one go.

Are Giaa and Gopi similar?
In some ways, they are. I can cry at the drop of a hat like Gopi. Giaa loses her temper quickly unlike Gopi who is very calm and composed. Gopi is very sweet, innocent and dumb but I am not. She even knows how her sister is, her plans but she never goes against her. We both believe in family values. Just like Gopi, Giaa will do everything for her love. The major differences between Gopi and Giaa are that Gopi is soft spoken but I am a brat. I also don't wear saris and prefer jeans and tee.

How is your rapport with your co-stars?
I gel well with them. I have been getting along well with Rucha (Hasabnis, she plays Rashi in the show). There are issues but we have accepted each other the way we are.

Saathiya has been the no 1 show in spite of being in the 7 pm slot…
I was initially upset about the 7 pm slot. I wondered how many people would actually be able to watch the show at that time. But we have worked hard for the show and the team effort and the content that seems to have worked and been appreciated. We have created a slot and we are extremely proud of it.

How do you spend your free time?
I love doing pottery. I have learnt horse riding. I love dancing. I like to hang out with my friends. I am not the sort who would sit at home. The only things I do at home are sleep and take a shower (laughs).

Are you a TV buff?
I was but now it is not possible to watch TV. But sometimes I do download my shows from YouTube and catch up on some episodes.

Your favourite co-star?
I like working with my onscreen saas (Rupal Patel).

What is the best part about playing Gopi?
When this character was narrated to me I was told it will be completely positive. Gopi is overly optimistic and positive. I am lucky to play such a character at the beginning of my career. Gopi gets sympathy and fans tell me they cry when they see her cry. I am happy that Gopi has been able to hold the audiences. The best part about her is that even though she is uneducated she is intelligent, more than her sister (smiles).

Reality shows for you?
I am dying to be a part of a dance reality show. I hope Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa considers me but I guess since I have been in this industry for just six months I will get reality show offers over a period of time.

Message for fans?
I would just like to thank my fans for their love and support. Keep watching the show and showing their love. Thank you.

-tellyaddict-

IF-Sizzlerz

-tellyaddict-

Posted: 20 December 2010 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Gopi-Aham share some special moments
STARONE.IN

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya has some big twists and turns in store for its fans this week. The biggest surprise will be Gopi and Aham sharing some romantic moments during Kinjal's sangeet ceremony.

STARONE.IN

Sources reveal "Kinjal and Eelesh's families will play a game of passing the pillow at the sangeet ceremony where Aham will be made to confess his love for Gopi".

When spoke to Gopi about the sequence, she said "I am hoping that things will get better between Aham and me and I keep doing things to make him feel special. However he wants me out of his life and Ma ji has even promised him that she will send me out of the house after Kinjal's wedding. At the sangeet ceremony when the pillow comes to Aham he is asked to give me a rose. He does not want to create a scene in front of Kinjal's in-laws and therefore gives me the rose".

Aham aka Mohd Nazim says " When it is my turn during the game I am asked to give Gopi a rose and confess my love for her, so yes it is romantic but I only do it because I am forced to".

Another huge twist this week is that Kinjal does not have the courage to inform Kokila that it is Umang and not Eelesh who is responsible for her pregnancy, so she pleads with Gopi to do it. This incident may also bring about a change in the relationship that Gopi and Kinjal share because Gopi has always been her well wisher but Kinjal has always insulted Gopi in return. Gopi says "Kinjal cannot muster up the courage to reveal the truth to Kokila and pleads with me to do it. Kokila is furious and hits Kinjal". Aham adds "Yes the truth about Kinjal will be revealed not just to the family but outsiders will also find out about it. The Modi family is well known and will have to face humiliation after the news spreads".

The show also recently witnessed the entry of Rashi's cousin Dhawal. Speaking about the new entry Gopi says "I had mentioned about Dhawal bhaiya some episodes back and asked Mami to keep a rakhi for him. At that time Dhawal was a mystery which has finally been revealed". Aham says "I will have some scenes with Dhawal in the upcoming episodes and I am looking forward to them".

This surely looks like an eventful week for Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Keep watching Saath Nibhaana Saathiya every Monday to Friday at 7 pm only on STAR Plus to catch all the excitement.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/1082/gopiaham-share-some-special-moments.aspx

Post Reply New Post

Go to top