Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Telly_Addict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 years ago
@ 2010: Top 10 daily soaps of the year

Saath Nibhana Saathiya
The story of the show revolves around two cousin sisters and their mothers in law; it has taken saas bahu shows to a different level. The kitchen politics is so detailed in the show that characters (elaborately dressed) bother about whether the pressure cooker will explode or who has stolen stuff from the kitchen. This is one show that came as a total surprise as nobody expected it to be such a huge hit. Choti Bahu was an exception as it became a hit at 7.30 pm time slot, 'Saath Nibhana Saathiya' moved another notch higher since it's the number one show across channels that too at 7 pm time slot. The average TRP of the show has been 5.5- 6.

http://ibnlive.in.com/photogallery/2968-7.html?from=movies
Telly_Addict thumbnail
Aham learns the truth about Kinjal's pregnancy

For what was till now a secret to Aham will come out in the open. In the upcoming track of Saath Nibhaana Saathiya will unearth the identity of the guy who has impregnated Kinjal.

Aham will be completely shocked after he is informed by Kinjal that the guy is none other than his former girlfriend, Anita's, brother Umang. But this is just the beginning to Modis' worries and troubles as Ilesh who is all set to marry Kinjal will visit the family accompanied by his family who will question the truth about Kinjal's pregnancy. The girl will accept in front of everyone that she is bearing Umang's child. This will mark an end of Ilesh's relationship with Kinjal and the former will call off the marriage with her. It is also believed that in the near future Umang will propose marriage to Kinjal. Little does the Modi family know that Umang will withdraw his proposal later as it's just a trick to avenge his sister's respect.

Informs Aham, "I will sneak into Kinjal's room to check her mobile phone to find out that the guy who has impregnated her is somebody named Umang. I confront her to reveal his identity to me and the revelation takes me by shock. I am stunned to know that Umang is Anita's brother. I reprimand Kinjal to have fallen in love with Umang who is known to be disrespectful and is a leech."

"I am angered with my sister's revelation and decide to meet Umang at his office. We have a verbal altercation followed by a bit of fist fight. Later, he comes to our house to apologise and propose marriage to Kinjal. I voice my displeasure over this alliance and refuse to accept it but give into the need of the hour as there is nothing else that can be done. A day later, my mother and I go to Umang's place to exchange shagun to know that he is not in the house but is partying at his farm house. I am aghast to find him amidst girls at his farm-house and ask him about his seriousness for Kinjal. Umang later tells me that he will not marry Kinjal as I too had left his sister in the past", adds he.

Will Umang succeed in taking his vengeance with Aham on behalf of his sister? What happens to Kinjal after Umang decides not to marry her? Watch it all on Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Monday to Friday, 7:00 pm on STAR Plus.

http://starplus.startv.in/news/1120/aham-learns-the-truth-about-kinjal%E2%80%99s-preganancy.aspx
Telly_Addict thumbnail
Surprise packages of 2010
Buzz up!
As 2010 comes to an end we take a look at some shows that did not have many expectations riding on them when they were launched this year. However these underdogs emerged winners by making a place for themselves in the hearts of the audience. These shows truly surprised everyone by topping the charts this year.

By Natasha Coutinho

Showing 1 of 7 images Previous    Next

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya: This show on STAR Plus has definitely been the biggest surprise package of 2010.  With newcomers Gopi (Jiaa Manek), Ahem (Mohd Nazim) and Rashi ( Rucha Harbans) in the lead it had no big names to boast of. Airing at the 7.30 pm slot not many people expected this show to fair decently. However the show shocked everyone by soon reaching the number one spot leaving behind rivals like Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya, Pavitra Rishta and others. Even though the show has been on air for quite sometime the audience is still waiting for the love story between the lead couple Ahem and Gopi to begin.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/indyagallery.aspx?p=Surprise-packages-of-2010&aid=2439
.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Cricket fever grips the Modi family

As Nani was disappointed when Kokila and Hetal fought over their daughter-in-laws, she decided to resolve their problems. Nani's novel idea was to give Rashi's responsibility to Kokila and Gopi's responsibility to Hetal for a whole week.

The family was stunned with the exchange but a new problem will soon crop up in Modi family. In the maha episode, this Sunday, there will be a cricket match in STAR Plus' Saath Nibhaana Saathiya.

A Starplus.in source divulges, "Due to the World Cup, Modi family's neighbour Savita and her family celebrate every six played or ball caught by Indian cricketers. For a while, it will be fine but their repeated display of joy by bursting crackers will soon affect Nani's health. The noise and pollution will be too much for her. So, the Modis will request Savita's family to refrain from doing so. Yet they will keep at it. Aham will even barge into Savita's house and take all the crackers, after which she will come to fight with Kokila. She will challenge Kokila and the Modi family to beat her family in a cricket match. If they do, Savita's family will promise not to burst anymore crackers. And if they lose then the Modi family will not try to stop them hence. Of course, when Kokila is challenged, she never backs down. Therefore, there will be a cricket match with a fight to finish."

But Aham will decide not to include Gopi in Modi family's team. Yet fate will intervene and Rashi will faint and Gopi will have to replace her. "There will be some cute moments between Aham and Gopi. Like when Gopi faces her first ball, her pallu falls off and she gets involved in adjusting her pallu and forgets to bat. Aham will come over to her side and tuck her pallu in her waist and tell her to focus on batting. Gopi will be elated with this personal gesture from Aham in front of the whole family," the source discloses.

Talking about the match, Gopi aka Jia Manek says, "I am very concerned about Nani's health. Our neighbours should understand that their joy is affecting someone's health. I will support my family and pray that we win this match."

Will the Modis win the match? Will Aham and Gopi defeat the arrogant neighbour Savita? Will this match bring Aham and Gopi closer?

Enjoy the desi fever of World Cup on Star Plus on 13th March in the maha episode of your favourite show Saath Nibhana Saathiya at 8 pm only on Star Plus!!

http://starplus.startv.in/news/1453/cricket-fever-grips-the-modi-family.aspx

Telly_Addict thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Spoiler:

The bumper episode of Saath Nibhana Saathiya saw the announcement of a cricket match and a battle of wits between Kokila and Savita. The Modi family is now stuck because they are short of players and that's when Gopi saves the day for them.

A source reveals, "Aham, as usual, is against the idea of Gopi taking part in the match, however, they realize they are a player short. Gopi cannot say 'no' to the family and decides to help them out in the situation. She agrees to play for the family and even proves lucky for them. However Aham is extremely angered by this but has no choice to agree to the decision of letting her play.

"Meanwhile the viewers will see a new look of Gopi in the show. The look is temporary and Gopi will be seen doing several things to impress Aham. However things will not improve for some time and their relationship will continue to strain in the coming weeks. The channel is being careful with the new development and plans to keep it under wraps."

Giaa Maanek (Gopi) refused to divulge details.

Edited by -tellyaddict- - 12 years ago
Telly_Addict thumbnail
'Imbibe good things, don't get carried away by bad' -Giaa Manek 'Imbibe good things, don't get carried away by bad' -Giaa Manek

Giaa Manek aka Gopi Bahu of Star Plus' popular show Saath Nibhaana Saathiya speaks to Telly Buzz.

Telly_Addict thumbnail

GALLERY CHAAND CHHUPA BADAL MEIN Happy Holi

SHOWING 2 OF 11 IMAGES

Jia aka Gopi of Saath Nibhana Saathiya
I love Holi and celebrate it with my gang of friends and family. We play all day and we never feel like ending the fun and going home. I have never missed even one Holi celebration in my life. I love colours a lot. My best Holi was two years ago, when I went to three places in one day. First, I celebrated Holi in Thane at a friend's place, then at Mulund and our last stop was at a party in Bandra. We went to these three places, played nonstop and the next day, I slept for 12 hours straight. I was so tired, but it was tonnes fun. I like the Akshay, Priyanka song from Waqt- "Do Me A Favour, Let's Play Holi". This year too, I am all set to play Holi! I can't wait.

In this photo: Jia aka Gopi of Saath Nibhana Saathiya

SHOWING 9 OF 11 IMAGES

Rucha Harbans aka Rashi of Saath Nibhana Saathiya
Since childhood, I have been celebrating Holi with my parents. It was only in the 7th or 8th standard that I started celebrating with friends. My most memorable Holi was last year, at a friend's farmhouse where we had a DJ and great food. This year too, I plan to celebrate with friends, although we have not yet decided the place. My favourite Holi song is "Rang Barse".

In this photo: Rucha Harbans aka Rashi of Saath Nibhana Saathiya
Telly_Addict thumbnail
'Ahem is a complicated character' - Mohammad Nazim 'Ahem is a complicated character' - Mohammad Nazim

Mohammad Nazim aka Ahem of Star Plus' Saath Nibhana Saathiya in an exclusive chat with Telly ...

Added on : Friday, March 25, 2011 at 6:01:33 PM

Views : 18416  Comments : 60  Rating : Rating (71) Votes

Telly_Addict thumbnail
Giaa Maanek

Urmila and Rashi have always tried their best to trouble Gopi and make her miserable. But this time, Gopi has made up her mind to pay them back in the same coin. She ruins the mother-daughter's plan of stealing the chest in Saath Nibhana Saathiya.

Our source says, "Gopi's honesty and simplicity makes her face all the odds. Urmila and Rashi have been planning to steal the chest and Gopi comes to know about their intention and she knows the real chest is lying at the bottom of the well. Gopi along with Kinjal and Dhawal's help decides to go and get the chest herself without telling anyone about it. Gopi jumps into the well and after trying hard she finally escapes with the treasure. Meanwhile Rashi is furious and scared thinking Gopi might reveal everything to their family about Urmila and her plans and she warns Gopi to not do it."

We spoke to Giaa Maanek (Gopi) and she said "I am still not sure if my mother-in-law will come to know about Urmila and Rashi's plan. But, obviously Rashi is my sister and I will obey her and would not want her to court any trouble and so I don't think I would go against her."

Well, we hope Gopi continues to impress the Modis.

Telly_Addict thumbnail

Is Aham having a change of heart?

Gopi has always yearned for Aham's love and acceptance of her in his life in STAR Plus' Saath Nibhaana Saathiya.

Although Aham has alwaya maintained his distance from her, off late their relationship has been a roller coaster ride with some sweet and sour moments merging in.

Ever since her marriage to Aham, Gopi has been doing her duty towards her his family while silently loving Aham. She cherishes even the smallest of gestures from Aham -be it his gratitude when she saved him from slipping on the oil spilled floor, or holding her hand in his sleep (albeit unconsciously). But when he gets angry at trivial things, she is taken aback. In the last episode, Aham refused to eat the breakfast prepared by Gopi which hurt her a lot. In the upcoming episode, however, Aham surprises everyone including Gopi when he asks her to make tea for him and drinks it contentedly.

A STAR Plus.in source elaborates, "Gopi and Aham's relationship is on the verge of changing. Aham is blowing hot and cold and that has Gopi very confused. She lives for her family and wants everyone to be happy ? be it Rashi, her mother-in-law, Kokila or Aham. On the other hand, though Rashi was stunned when her mom Urmila told her about her plan to steal Nani's suitcase to revive her financial status, Rashi helped her. After stealing the suitcase and dodging everyone at home, their plan came to naught as the suitcase accidently fell into the well. Gopi will now learn about their intentions and that the real chest is at the bottom of the well. With Kinjal and Dhawal's help, Gopi will try to get the chest out of the well."

Gopi aka Jia says, "I am surprised by Ahamji's behaviour. At times he is sweet and suddenly he gets angry. I am confused about him and what he wants me to do. I wish he would talk to me and clear things out."

Has Gopi's honesty and simplicity finally won over Aham's heart? Will Urmila and Rashi get away with stealing the chest? Will Gopi be blamed for stealing the suitcase or applauded for getting it back?

To find out, keep watching Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Monday to Friday, 7:00 pm on STAR Plus.

Kavita Awaasthi/Hill Road Media
Thursday, April 07, 2011

http://starplus.startv.in/news/1578/is-aham-having-a-change-of-heart.aspx