FnB Fashion Show! CLOSED. Next part will be up soon.

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago

To FnB's Fashion Show!

For our Fashion Show, you have to put together a whole look for the event we give =]

This Fashion Show will go on for maybe 3 events :D

----Setting it up----

YOU are a new actress who is about to release your FIRST movie!
*if you are a guy who is about to participate then please only put together an outfit for a woman--You don't have to be the female actress haha...maybe her designer?*

So first event(Round 1):

Promoting your Movie!
You and your co-actor will be going to many promotional meetings for your upcoming meeting. This is the first time anyone is ever going to see you, so you have to dress to impress!

What to Include:

• Articles of Clothing (outfit part)
  • Accessories(Jewelry--Purse/Clutch, etc)
  • Shoes
  • Nails
  • Hairstyle
  • Make-up

You will be posting your outfits here...and remember to look your best!

Love,
FnB Dev. Team

P.S. The ones who impress the Fashion Police(Judges) and the press, will go on to Round 2!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aish_punk thumbnail
  • http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl0/0/3987/10_2008/Mischa-Barton-2.preview.jpg
  • something simple like that, i think.
  • Accessories(Jewelry--Purse/Clutch, etc)
  • http://present-ideas.net/uploaded_images/boden-chunky-bracelet-701378.jpg
  • a bracelet similar to that, though i would prefer the size to be smaller.
  • Shoes
  • http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2009/08/13/stylish-blue-sandals_spZNC_23163.jpg
  • something comfortable to wear
  • Nails
    http://coolnailsart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/aquatic-blue-airbrush-nail-art.jpg
  • Hairstyle
  • http://www.emmawatson4u.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/emma-watson-picture-1.jpg
  • that seems fine for short hair.
  • Make-up
  • well i don't have a pic for this but maybe i could just apply sun-screen, lip gloss and foundation. Try to keep it simple i think.
  •  

.ava thumbnail
    Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I think for my first promotional meeting I would go for something Indian ( i.e. saree or  salwar kameez).

Outfit: Black, Brown and Gold Anarkali

Patiala Salwar, Churidar Salwar, Designer Shalwar Kameez, Cotton Salwar, Latest Salwar, Buy Salwar Kameez Online, Salwar Kameez Shop.

Clutch: Gold Clutch

Earrings: Gold/Clear Tear Earrings

Ring: Simple Gold Ring ( maybe with a Diamond in the middle)

Shoes: Gold Pumps

Nails: French Mani/ Pedi

Hair: Down with Curls (I find it looks great with my long hair)

Eyes: Eyeliner and Mascara

Cheeks: Light Blush

Lips: Nude Lip Gloss

I think this look is nice and I'm sure other would also like it.

Avantika <3

whimsical thumbnail
    Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Hey, great concept!! 👏

In designing my look, my foremost consideration was that I should look neither underdressed nor overdressed. After all first impressions matter enormously. If I am underdressed, I would be overlooked, especially since I am new in the industry and I don't have a body of work behind me to speak for itself. But that wouldn't be worse than being overdressed, because this would mean that I am noticed but then subsequently cited as an example of fashion faux pas.

I also bore in mind the fact that this event is only the first in a series of public appearances and that I should not wear some showy, gaudy outfit and then have to struggle over what to wear to IIFA. Yet, this is where I will make my mark, so I cannot look plain either.

I thought the best would be to be me. If people are going to judge me by what I wear, then at least what they come up with, should not be the person I am trying to emulate, but something close to my real personality. I would like to be known by my unique style statement (but of course that does not mean that I should look like some alien for everyone to gawk at).

The look is one that, I hope, does not make me look like I am trying too hard; and at the same time, does not seem to reflect sloppy dressing and stands out for being creative without being weird.

Comfort was also an important concern. Since I will be inevitably nervous about various things at the event, my clothes should not add to my worries. Which is why the hairstyle I came up with is also something manageable.

By the way what I had in mind, when I read "first promotional event" was something relatively informal like a press release, music release or an interview.  But enough preamble. Here, my look.

This flashy georgette kurti, because it's vibrant, light, airy and comfortable. It's also got a Bohemian feel to it which I really like. (My overall look by the way is a Bohemian-Indian fusion).

... Over plain black skinny jeans and black non-shiny leather ankle boots 

My purse: this jhola-type funky beaded thing that brings out the desiness of the overall look. Small and unassuming, because I tend to find large handbags cumbersome.

In my left hand, a number of colourful bracelets, both Bohemian-style and Indian kundan bangles, arranged haphazardly. When I say "a number", I mean as many as needed to cover around half of the distance between my wrist and elbow, not more. I think bracelets in hues of red and yellow would look nice. But there also needs to be blues and greens to complement the kurti in a striking and unusual way. I don't think everything has to match all the time and I'm quite keen to subvert such rules (within limits) to keep things interesting.

<<<<<Bohemian-style bangles

<<<<< Indian bangles with kundan work

In my right hand, a plain black wristwatch because I can't seem to function without a watch. I'm not providing a picture of that because it's not really part of the look. Just a functional thing.

Usually long beaded chains look nice with kurtis but since the neckline of this one is already a bit ornate, I will gladly give it a miss. Simplicity is of the essence.

My earrings: vintage! I love them! 😃 They're cute and very unique. Yes, I realise those are actually tiny tea-cups 😆 but I think they're perfect! I love tea, you see 😆 And I think they'll look good with the hairdo and will go very well with the hair pin (see below, in hair section)

My hair: a messy chignon with stray locks falling here and there, with a hair pin at the side of the bun that is actually a traditional Maharashtrian hair ornament. I really like it because it's got a rich, antique look to it.

<<<<< The afore-mentioned hair pin

Make-up: Matte foundation, a minimal amount of brownish pink blush, lots of kohl, natural-looking eyeshadow, mascara and dark pink lip gloss.

<<<<< Eyes

<<<<< Lips

Nails: natural, but buffed to shine. I don't like painting my fingernails. My toenails of course won't show because of the boots.

There, done! 😃

Below, the full picture (a very amateurishly done rough sketch.. just so you get the general idea..)

<<< ... please note that the kurti and the bangles here are an especially inaccurate representation of what I intended. Refer to above photographs for what they actually look like  😊

Sorry it's a bit long 🥱😆

<3
    Nisha 

Edited by nisha.munim - 13 years ago
    missindia26 thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
    Awesome idea :) Ill be back soon
    induswebi thumbnail
    i like the pictures and like the post. good keep it up.
    For more info.
    -Precious thumbnail
    Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

What to Include:

Accessories(Jewelry--Purse/Clutch, etc)

hand accessory:
    • Shoes

• Nails
    i'll keep them simple
    • Hairstyle

Make-up

Something simple like in the first pic
    Edited by Maryam.U - 13 years ago
    Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail
    Awsome idea. Well I would wear something indian as it would look good if I do an indian movie

Clothing

Accessories

Earings

Ring:

Clutch

Shoes:

Nails:

Make-up and Hair

Edited by Vedika126 - 13 years ago
    .Roshni. thumbnail
    Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Articles of Clothing (outfit part) - Turqouise (with Gold hand block designs) Kurti and Black Skinny Jeans

Accessories(Jewelry--Purse/Clutch, etc) - Gold Ring with a Diamond,Diamond Earring and Black Coach Shoulder Bag

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shoes - Black Christian Louboutin Pumps

Christian_louboutin_shoe

Nails - French Manicure (with black flower design)

elegant french manicure 1

Hairstyle -Side Braid

Make-up- Thick Eyeliner, Mascara, Light Eyeshadow,Blush and Nude Lip gloss

(blush and lips)

Roshni <3
    prernahazra thumbnail
    Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Articles of Clothing (outfit part) :

Accessories(Jewelry--Purse/Clutch, etc)sunglass

ringbracelet
    necklace with earrings