Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

.bohemian.

Goldie

.bohemian.

Posted: 03 May 2010 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
My pleasure, Mansi. Always game for a good discussion.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW - Innocent Village Girls. (Page 3)" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 04 May 2010 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Ritika-

LOL Krystal. Pigs would fly the day shows portray the lead girl initiating such scenes on desi shows. Come to think of it, we hardly have a good enough spunky girl in soaps. These shows target women. And most if not all writers are women. Don't they have a creative urge to come up with a spunky female character. And then let her be.

Coming back to the topic, it's stereotypical that small town girls are innocent and submissive and city girls are all bindaas. Ask any Gujju girl what goes on during navratras in Ahmedabad and Baroda. To put it subtly, its Christmas for the gynaecs. W.r.t. the show, Geet's character is being portrayed as an innocent, submissive one. Hence, she feel for his charms. Post the Dev fiasco (that is not an apt word, though), there would be a definite change in her character. Going by the promo, she is standing up to her grandfather, questioning why he did not check out Dev's credentials before marrying her off. She's the same girl who was scared stiff of him, for losing her dupatta.

As for the consummation, perhaps they wanted the establish Dev's negativity more. Or are planning to put a pregnancy track in. Illogical, but anything is possible in soaps.

so true, each and every LETTER!LOL

yes i too hope earnestly that they dont start with a pregnancy track....but i am pessimistic in this respect since whenever such a scene is shown in a serial, they intend to make the heroine pregnant. I strongly hope i am wrong though, and even if she gets preggy, she should never EVEN DREAM OF having Dev's baby.DeadDeadDeadDead

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.bohemian.

.bohemian.

Goldie

.bohemian.

Posted: 05 May 2010 at 7:10am | IP Logged
I too am not quite in favor of the pregnancy track. Like you pointed out, most shows do end up with that. No point in bringing an unwanted child into the world. But you never know with the soaps.

I'm also curious as to what would happen when Dev returns after she's picked up the pieces and moved on. A typical show harps about how once a girl is married, she must go with her husband. But Dev here was a much married man before she came into picture. Confused

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 07 May 2010 at 5:40am | IP Logged

good dotw mansi!

1. Well she was really innocent and naive, and thats why many village girls are tricked too. No one has ever said that to her, so she was obviously flattered. after all who doesn't like attention?..

2. I think it wasn't her fault. She thought that he was her husband and it was fine to do sleep with him. So she did it, since she didn't know about it much.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top