Post Reply New Post

Page 17 of 18

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sneha

Originally posted by karandel_2008

Hanging kasab is of course a good thing. Moreover, this is being done according to the law as it is rarest of the rare case. God may be loving and forgiving, but we are just humans and not God that we will forgive him.

Whoever is saying it is bad, please prove that it is bad and good luck because proving anything right or wrong is almost impossible. All we can do is to go along with the current beliefs, status quo and the current law. We are already doing that and its not that kasab is being fed to the vultures or something.

Karan, I think you just missed the whole point behind my post. I said it is bad yes, but the reason behind it was NEVER about forgiving him. I may not have been affected physically in any way about what he's done, but I have been affected on a humanitarian level. Of course he ought not to be forgiven, and of course he very well deserves to be hanged. That's not even something that's debatable in my opinion.

But however, I beg to differ. I just don't think that's it's a GOOD thing, and that we should all be happy and celebrate about it. Victims and their families of that incident would sure feel an initial inner satisfaction, something that they ought to get watching the one who stole their happiness get hanged. But does it end there? Aren't we giving rise to a whole new movement behind this, aren't we just eliminating one creature, by raising a question on the audacity of thousand other "freedom fighters" somewhere in Pakistan? Shouldn't the problem be tackled from the roots instead of celebrating over the death of one terrorist? Does it make any difference to that chief somewhere in his luxury saloon in the terrorist camp about Kasab dying? That's what we should be happy about??

No I do not support terrorism, never will without any whatsoever doubt. Yes I do think Kasab should be hanged, without sympathy, without any qualm. But what's so GOOD about it all, I wonder... I seriously do...

I hope I won't be asked to prove my point more than this...

P.S - How are you doing by the way Bro? Long time no see?

My post was not as a reply to your post, but was in general. Also, 1-2 points were for the famous Ice- Thinker.

I understand and agree with your points. However, what is good or bad? It mostly depends on what one believes to be good or bad and its subjective.

For me, if something is being done as it should have been, then its already good.

I am doing good and what about you sis? I went off because of work, vacation on beach and work :)

Edited by karandel_2008 - 08 May 2010 at 5:05pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "verdict on kasab (Page 17)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Hanging kasab is of course a good thing. Moreover, this is being done according to the law as it is rarest of the rare case. God may be loving and forgiving, but we are just humans and not God that we will forgive him.

Whoever is saying it is bad, please prove that it is bad and good luck because proving anything right or wrong is almost impossible. All we can do is to go along with the current beliefs, status quo and the current law. We are already doing that and its not that kasab is being fed to the vultures or something.

I would have lost my faith in law had Kasab been acquitted or did not get punished in full extent of the law.

I want to clarify my stance that questioning Kasab's hanging is not because I feel that it is wrong, bad or should not be done.

I personally feel that hanging Kasab is just too good for a person who has no value or regard for life. I saw Timothy McVeigh confessions and was chilled by his casual attitude and that he did not care for what was going on. It made me sad, because I felt he never really got punished for his deeds. That there was a trial and execution in full accordance to law but people never really got justice. That is just me and most people victims families and the common people will feel that justice has been served when Kasab and such heinous terrorists are executed.

Narcotics squads often use ordinary dealers to slowly get to the big rings and bust them. Prostitutes are often pardoned and used to get to larger human trafficking rings. I feel that we can use the terrorists we have caught to get deeper and really strike their world of atrocities at the core. Use him, then execute him.

Hypothetically if one Kasab can lead to ten Kasab recruiters and trainers, then executing those ten recruiters and trainers will be much more satisfactory.

Think of Jihad Jane, an ordinary Colorado woman, a mom and good daughter - gets converted to Islam and is recruited by terrorists!!! These recruiters are trainers are more dangerous than all the Kasabs they turn out and I feel that we seriously need a way to find these people.

But I admit - my view may be idealistic. We do not know how much Kasab knows and if the investment in interrogating him and sustaining him is worth it. The authorities may have done it all too by now.

I already assume that Kasab will not be hanged tomorrow and will be done so after extracting all the information. Moreover, like in the past, it could take some years.

I agree with your points, but there are some trade offs to be considered as well.

About the delay, there is one more point that is the cost of the delay in hanging him. He is costing already lot of money so we have to consider the trade-off. Apart from that there is also a danger that it gives a motivation for terrorists to hijack planes to get him released like in the past. The last point may not be valid because he may not be useful to terrorists apart from just scoring some points over India.

He could have been promised a less strict punishment in return for information, but its possible that  all information has been extracted already or will be already done in some time.

Moreover, hanging him also has some symbolic value - About justice taking its due course of action. Prostitutes and other smaller players who are pardoned do not have such symbolic value. In fact public doesn't get to know about them.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 08 May 2010 at 5:03pm

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
Then there is this famous  debate - Is capital punishment good or not?

Bartz

Goldie

Bartz

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 6:00pm | IP Logged

Then there is this famous  debate - Is capital punishment good or not?

Capital punishment exists on our statutory books so it is legal to hang Kasab the terrorist. Whether it should exist or not is a different debate as you have correctly pointed out.

Indian state has a bad track record of keeping terrorists alive and then repenting later like in the case of Kandahar, so its high time they take decisive and fast action in this case and hang this terrorist who killed 160+ innocent men, women and kids.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 9:52pm | IP Logged

Moreover, hanging him also has some symbolic value - About justice taking its due course of action. Prostitutes and other smaller players who are pardoned do not have such symbolic value. In fact public doesn't get to know about them.

Oh I would never want to pardon him. Never. Absolutely no sympathies for someone who had no regard for human life. He deserves the harshest punishment.

But won't you agree the symbolic value is more towards justice seekers, but its dead air to terrorists.

That is why I feel, hanging is too good and it must be ok to Tantalize (aka what the Gods did to Tantalus)

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 08 May 2010 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
India has enough evidence against the master mind  but finds its hands tied in the name of world peace.  Placing these evidence before the ppl who could take action appears to yield no result till date. They are perhaps waiting to have a taste of terrorism themselves. Just hope its not too lae by then !

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Before and now...some Govt official and political parties in Pakistan supporting Taliban, thinking that they fight with India....and everybody knows that  Osama is Pakistan's state guest guarded by ISI and Army...these people never learn from their mistakes.....I think the moment Afghan war comes to an end.. uncle Sam will blow these so called terrorist A-off...& we can see another US invasion Confused

If any religious leader have any probs......Panish Kasab as per Sharia Law....Smile

Edited by Believe - 09 May 2010 at 3:45am

Ice-Thinker

Goldie

Posted: 09 May 2010 at 9:38am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top