Article :Dev abandons Geet

Dew-drop IF-Veteran Member
Dew-drop
Dew-drop

Posted: 30 April 2010 at 5:07am | IP Logged
STARONE.IN
Dev abandons Geet
STARONE.IN

They say marriages are made in heaven. But this is one marriage which will leave the audience appalled. With dreams and expectations, Geet is all set to go to Canada with her husband Dev and start a family there but her life takes an unfortunate turn when she is abandoned at the airport.

STARONE.IN

More on Geet-Hui Sabse Parayi: Discuss here| Watch full episodes| Official website

Audiences are reacting quite strongly to the issue, showing clearly how pressing the issue is. Some are blaming Geet's parents, asking why they conducted no background check on Dev and his family. Surely this was necessary before finalizing the marriage? Others are appalled that the parents were not alarmed by Dev and his family's demand that the marriage happen in four days.

From the indya forums: "Indian parents should stop being starry eyed of everything that is foreign!" writes one viewer, "Life is not easy over there, people are not friendly and there is no apnapan. There are so many cases like Geet... girls who get married off after the whole family is swept off its feet by names like London, America or Canada. What is the enticement in that? What is so attractive about a different country?"

Strong reaction indeed. Another viewer on the indya forums said: "Families like Geet's should stop getting attracted instantly to all things 'foreign'. A thorough background check should be conducted for the guy - especially if their family is not known to the girl's family." Viewers are strongly on Geet's side and want her to get justice.

Dhrashti Dhami, who plays Geet in the show Geet - Hui Sabse Parayi was so overwhelmed by the sequence that she couldn't control her emotions even after the shoot was over. In one particular scene she had to throw herself at Dev (the NRI husband played by Abhinav Shukla) to stop him from leaving her. She was so overtaken by emotion that she somehow missed Dev and fell flat on her face hurting herself, compounding the agony. The shoot had to be held up to give her time to recover. But brave and agile as she is, Dhrasti recommenced shooting quickly and gave it her best shot.

We spoke to Drashti Dhami aka Geet, she gave us her personal take on the issue of NRI grooms, she said, "Honestly speaking I haven't heard about such incidences personally but while shooting, I was told by my creative members that such bad incidents have happened in Punjab. I feel very sad for Geet. About the sequence, I want to tell my fans and audience to watch tonight's episode and support Geet."

Later, we spoke to Abhinav Shukla aka Dev about this issue, he said, "I think audiences will hate Dev after tonight's episode. I have been acquainted with so many cases in Punjab and Haryana where middle class families marry their daughters off to NRIs and most are from Canada. Such cases are called jilted marriage cases and I am sure from this show the audience will realize how grave this issue is."

The entire crew including producer Gul Khan were in a grave mood as it was an extremely moving sequence to shoot. The scenes lingered on their minds post shooting as well.

Audiences got so emotional with the character of Geet that they can't see her crying as she is in despair. Here is some of viewer's reaction about Geet's misery on indya forums: "It's the whole thinking process and rural culture that is responsible for Geet's plight!! She is representing so many young girls today are given starry eyed foreign dreams and shipped off to other lands. I don't understand why the parents these days don't follow their gut instincts. The decision of the child's happiness should be that of the mother and the father.... no one else's!! Geet's dad smelled something fishy and he did something about it, but their so called family reputation and izzat is more important than their daughter. When will they realize that there is a reason why female gods exist and why they are worshipped!!!"

Dev and his family reached the international airport for their departure to Canada. Dev and Nayantara get set for their last plan and in tonight's episode Geet will be left out at the cafeteria. At the airport she comes to know the real truth about Dev, that there was no booking in the name of Dev Khurana in the Canada flight. So now what will Geet's reaction after listening to this shock? Where will she go? Watch tonight's episode of Geet –Hui Sabse Parayi at 9.30 pm only on STAR One.

StarOne news
Dhanashree Kulkarni/ Hill Road Media
StarOne news
Thursday, April 29, 2010

Link : http://www.starone.in/news/273/dev-abandons-geet.aspx

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

niviiJotz_92teri_susan-Suneshine--Mansi-Sofna

-Suneshine- IF-Rockerz
-Suneshine-
-Suneshine-

Posted: 30 April 2010 at 5:20am | IP Logged
thanks shabnam..but any news about maan?
-Mansi- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mansi-
-Mansi-

Posted: 30 April 2010 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Wow..this topic has become very controversial. I hopr Drasthi is doing good. :)

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top