Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prabha. thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Apart from reader's views on the stories I would also like to know about participants' experience during the whole process (without giving details about their story).  How was it to write within a few constraints. Did you enjoy, have fun or were you stressed? How easy or difficult was it of build a story around a given plot as compared to when you start your story totally on your own? Please share your experience, that might encourage more people to join in.
Edited by prabha. - 13 years ago

Originally posted by: prabha.

Apart from reader's views on the stories I would also like to know about participants' experience during the whole process (without giving details about their story).  How was it to write within a few constraints. Did you enjoy, have fun or were you stressed? How easy or difficult was it of build a story around a given plot as compared to when you start your story totally on your own? Please share your experience, that might encourage more people to join in.

I totally enjoyed it. I finished and posted it within 1 go and there was no stress !

It is very easy to build a story around a given plot.
A suggestion: As some of us are in the habit of write whom they vote, I would request Prabha to make a [No REPLIES] poll.

Edited by cheenti - 13 years ago
visrom thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Wow...interesting stories...I have already identified 2 writers.

Now how can I write comments on stories? People will start eliminating and eventually find that this story has not been written by me etc etc.

And my experience with the contest- I started off the day the contest was annouced. And the very next day I found the news about the new cast and was absolutely discouraged. I deleted the entire 3-4 scenes that I had written. I even thought of dropping out.

Then it was Sunny who actually encouraged and pushed me into it and yeah...even Drilabh. Sunny was a good sport and even gave me a few basic ideas - because I found it difficult to build a story into a given plot.

I was again not happy with the 21 days given to the story...was losing interest...how often do we study 1 month before exams??? πŸ˜›  So I decided to push it forward and get everyone to finish it early.

Anyway, that's my experience...I managed to finish it...the plot may have loopholes, sorry for that. After reading some other stories, I feel I have no chance. Overall, enjoyed it. πŸ˜ƒ

And a big congrats to Prabha and all participants for making this a success.

(I finished upto story no 5, will read later or maybe tomorrow. Reading all stories at once is also causing confusion πŸ˜†) 
Edited by visrom - 13 years ago
Shagnika thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ˜†πŸ˜†I had a lovely experience...fifnished my story at one go itself....so no stress at all..i enjoyed the whole experience..was a learning experience for me cos i found it a little difficult to build up a story on a given plot..but somehow i managed! I guess i have managed to identify some writers alreadyπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
after reading almost 6 stories i guess i have realised my story is no where near others!!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
thanx for everyone's encouragement...i wud say THANX to all those who encouraged me after my first two stories apart from the this contest..its bcos of them that i decided to take part in this contest

thanx to prabha di for organising it so well...and Congrats to all the story writers for doing such a good job.πŸ‘
devashri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow the stories I've read so far were totally awesome!!!  πŸ‘πŸΌ you guys seriously put your thinking caps on while building the entire plot
Looking forward to more stories as a change from my regular boring studies 😊

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
All the best to all of the contestants! I will try to read some of them. I would like to congratulate the contestants on making successful stories and doing so while they also had other things to do. I know it is a very ardous task and therefore, really appreciate what you've done. Kudos to all of you! πŸ‘ πŸ‘Edited by debayon - 13 years ago
prabha. thumbnail
I will tell you something. I am part of another forum a 2 girls used to organise contests on making banners, signatures and wallpapers. They used to conduct the contest and participate in it as well. The makers were kept anonymous. However both these girls used to give feedback for each wallpaper or whatever the contest was for including their own without revealing what belongs to whom.

So participants can do the same give feedback for each story including you own, look at it just another Story No. X. Because all our regular posters are participants and if you all don't post your views, I doubt any views will be posted and we will not able to make the writers realise their strong and weak points.

Edited by prabha. - 13 years ago
Bhavanab thumbnail
lovely experience i must say,enjoyed every bit of it,I am having holidays so was thinking about how much i'll get bored during these days but Prabha's story competition idea gave me something to do.Waise i had started writing soon after the first deadline was announced but lost track in between and started of everything again but we all enjoyed a lot yaar and the sudden change in deadline made it more exciting,every second thinking what this person may be writing or what that person must be writing but yes this competition taught me one thing that i have to make a copy of whatever i write.I enjoyed every pal yaar last minute hadbadi,jaldi mein story complete karna and when i wasn't able to finish on time and posted ki is baar nahi toh agli baar i'll try many of you i.e. shagnika,sneha,drilabh,sunny etc requested prabha for time extension and when prabha agreed i felt so thankful to these 'friends' of mine and as soon as i finished retyping the whole thing and sent it to prabha i was like YAY !! and you all congratulated me.
So this competition was a gr8,exciting and an encouraging experience and Prabha thanks for this yaar u arranged it so well so πŸ‘ and πŸ‘πŸΌ from us to you
sunnyp1414 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Well my experience with this contest---- First after reading plot I was in fix because 2 stories came to my mind and it was first time I have to build my story around climax.  First time it happened with me. So new experience. 

I Will now start reading stories. And yes congrats to every participant and prabha for making it successful.
Drilabh_Suhaani thumbnail
For me Hindi was a big prob but I was determined to struggle with it. Then building the story around a given situation was unusual for me. I mean I like to create my own ideas like  many am sure... But it was a good challenge!! I didnt participate to prove myself but for the fun and satisfaction of doing it.... The experience was nailbitingly scary but once I got  the flow of the story, it became fun.

Hey other writers!! Really nice stories!! I have read some and will catch up on the rest soon!! I managed to guess three writers, but I wont start a guessing game.

Thanx Prabha for the contest and the chance you gave me and the others!!