Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

why NRI marriages?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

atomic kitty

Groupbie

atomic kitty

Posted: 29 April 2010 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
i don't get da concept of these kind of marriages...why do NRI's come to places like for example punjab to marry small town girls and then abandon them at the airport ? why marry them in the first place and destroy their lives? i still din't get it why is dev marrying geet?

pleeease help me guys

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "why NRI marriages?" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Suneshine-

IF-Rockerz

-Suneshine-

Posted: 29 April 2010 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
simple dear..cuz ppl from punjab like geets family are reach..they own lands etc...so some disgusting ppl like dev comes and steal all this and later abond the gal

Mallika113

IF-Sizzlerz

Mallika113

Posted: 29 April 2010 at 6:27pm | IP Logged
Dev seems educated and he must have good job in Canada , so he is not poor.  Why do NRI  people need money from India, particularly a girl's family land , money, etc. ?   I don't get itConfused

pakirani

Goldie

pakirani

Posted: 29 April 2010 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mallika113

Dev seems educated and he must have good job in Canada , so he is not poor.  Why do NRI  people need money from India, particularly a girl's family land , money, etc. ?   I don't get itConfused

because not everyone from abroad is rich Smile he may seem like it, but you don't know what his financial crisis may be...or maybe he is just doing this out of greed, who knows. people who own lands are filthy rich and their land is passed down to generations. and that is what dev and his family want. 

Mallika113

IF-Sizzlerz

Mallika113

Posted: 29 April 2010 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pakirani

because not everyone from abroad is rich Smile he may seem like it, but you don't know what his financial crisis may be...or maybe he is just doing this out of greed, who knows. people who own lands are filthy rich and their land is passed down to generations. and that is what dev and his family want. 

Hmm, whatever, I have lived in USA almost all of my life but don't know an NRI guy who married a village type girl in India for money.  It's always the other way around.  The girls marry an NRI guy because they want to go abroad and have a better, more luxurious lifeLOL  

pakirani

Goldie

pakirani

Posted: 29 April 2010 at 7:09pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pakirani

Hmm, whatever, I have lived in USA almost all of my life but don't know an NRI guy who married a village type girl in India for money.  It's always the other way around.  The girls marry an NRI guy because they want to go abroad and have a better, more luxurious lifeLOL  

yea, i have lived in USA my whole life as well LOL you know i also never heard of NRIs marrying people from India to get money until i came upon this show and learned so much about, pretty unique concept. i also thought people girls/guys come abroad to marry for money and of course...green card LOL

Sadie.Saxton

IF-Rockerz

Sadie.Saxton

Posted: 29 April 2010 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
This is VERYcomon in my area... I live in Abbotsford, BC

People from Punjab, pay LARGE amounts of money, near 40-90 lakhs (sorry I dontknow how much Canadian that would be) for their son/daughter to marry an NRI and come to Canada. Some people are honest, and bring their spouse here, to either lead a life together, or get divorced, whereas others like Dev are not so honest and take all the money and leave the girl there.

Laws have been enforced, though, as far as I know to end this. Now, a couple cant divorce until 3 years into their marraige, although that doesnt help as the married couple can still live seperately for those 3 years. Especially if they are young this doesnt matter as even three years later they can get married.

I know a 45 year old man who married an 18 year old this way Dead

Khushi.

IF-Sizzlerz

Khushi.

JJJKJF Banner Contest Winne

Posted: 29 April 2010 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
For the money,property and jewellery. Its all Paisa Paisa!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top